• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sounds like hubby needs more training!

Driver could wait in car whilst son shops.

I don't mean to 'have a go' - just seems like another example of "I'm following the rules except when....."

I'd be more concerned at the number of people who are still not wearing masks properly.

As long as the supermarkets allow it, I will continue to do my big shops accompanied by one or the other. It is Tesco that's the biggest problem as you're always pushing up hill wherever you park. I can manage ok at Morrisons or Sainsbury's but I do go to Tesco a couple of times a month.

Last edited:
The temporary traffic lights and single lane in Webster's Way Rayleigh. Been there nearly a week but no workman to be seen.

People driving vans whilst on the phone

I cycle quite a bit and it is amazing how many motorists are on the phone.

From my observations van drivers are probably the least likely to be on the phone.

It is also amazing how many cars pass with skunk smoke coming out of the windows.

I cycle quite a bit and it is amazing how many motorists are on the phone.

From my observations van drivers are probably the least likely to be on the phone.

It is also amazing how many cars pass with skunk smoke coming out of the windows.

Totally agree. But I also see a lot of drivers not wearing seatbelts, and most of those are delivery drivers. I understand that they can't be arsed because they're continuously having to get in and out, but come on...

Out of interest, as a cyclist, do you find cars are more careful around you these days than, say, 20 odd years ago?

Totally agree. But I also see a lot of drivers not wearing seatbelts, and most of those are delivery drivers. I understand that they can't be arsed because they're continuously having to get in and out, but come on...

Out of interest, as a cyclist, do you find cars are more careful around you these days than, say, 20 odd years ago?

Definitely not - on every ride someone passes miles to close.

Interesting. Personally I would say that I find it a lot easier and safer riding on roads now that when I was a kid. Yes, I might get the odd one that gets too close, but it used to be everybody.

Yes, I see countless numpties on phone driving, and while walking using zebra crossings is oft fraught as they don't give pedestrians precedent or slow, often just cruise through chatting on the phones. Some even wave a "sorry" when they realise what they have done and close miss. Overall driving standards are poor. Indicators seem rarely used and traffic lights seem to be more a race to get through 2 or 3 seconds into the red.

The people my daughter was buying from pulling out at the point of exchange. There really ought to be some penalties on people who do this. She's in bits, bless her and I can't even go and see her.

Sorry to hear that and it is terrible, I totally agree there should be penalties for that.

Did she sort out her issues with her partner?

Time scales for installing a vehicle crossing (dropped kerb). The guy I'm using to draw my plans for the crossing is also going to manage the process for me with Southend Council and Marlborough Contractors. He reckons it could take 5 months in total to get it finished. FFS!
Marlborough Construction have just finished the first day of installing our vehicle crossing just under 5 months since we started the process. At least it's now being done.

So yesterday I fancied a cheeky McDonalds for a change. Fries and a chicken mayo, drive through. It was the one at Garons at the end of Hamstel Road. It was tea time, but the car queue was longer than usual down the road outside. What was causing the hold up? It was all the fast food delivery drivers in their own cars. There was about 25 of them, some inside, most outside near the front door, a lot of them chatting, no mask, all waiting for their orders to be delivered. You know, Just Eat, etc, etc. They were not in the drive through queue by the way, as they whizz past our queue. These delivery drivers park everywhere inside and out. The disabled bays being one of the favourites(I'm sure they're told not to by McDonalds). I finally get to the front of my car queue, place my order, and told to wait(if I can find a space) in the car park. I had to wait about another 15 minutes for my simple order. So, fast food it was not, as it took about 40 minutes in total. It didn't make me angry as I'm very patient, but I think their system's gone wrong somewhere with all these online app orders.

So yesterday I fancied a cheeky McDonalds for a change. Fries and a chicken mayo, drive through. It was the one at Garons at the end of Hamstel Road. It was tea time, but the car queue was longer than usual down the road outside. What was causing the hold up? It was all the fast food delivery drivers in their own cars. There was about 25 of them, some inside, most outside near the front door, a lot of them chatting, no mask, all waiting for their orders to be delivered. You know, Just Eat, etc, etc. They were not in the drive through queue by the way, as they whizz past our queue. These delivery drivers park everywhere inside and out. The disabled bays being one of the favourites(I'm sure they're told not to by McDonalds). I finally get to the front of my car queue, place my order, and told to wait(if I can find a space) in the car park. I had to wait about another 15 minutes for my simple order. So, fast food it was not, as it took about 40 minutes in total. It didn't make me angry as I'm very patient, but I think their system's gone wrong somewhere with all these online app orders.

Spare a thought for these guys who are just trying to earn a few quid during very tough times.

Does anyone know how this works - do deliveries get fairly allocated between drivers? Does each driver cover a particular region?

Last edited:
Spare a thought for these guys who are just trying to earn a few quid during very tough times.

Does anyone know how this works - do deliveries get fairly allocated between drivers? Does each driver cover a particular region?
isn't it all algorithmically done via the app? Similar to uber? So based on availability on the drivers and their location.

They need to do something with that McDonalds, we happened to be picking something up from over that direction around lunchtime the weekend before last and the queues of cars went back round the roundabout and was causing absolute chaos for people who were just trying to cross the roundabout or get down Hamstel Road.

Sounds like you should have ordered online

Back