• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Played the game for a few years, wonderful game, not just men throwing themselves at someone. You should go to a game with someone who will talk you through the tactics and get a better understanding of the game

Superbowl final this was exceptional and great to see a legend in any sport like Tom Brady lift the trophy again

Now Rugby union dont get me started on that called a sport ..... :ROFL: :ROFL:

Who did you play for? I was a Rochford Centeur many years ago, a very poor tight end.

Would to see a London team competing, was a rumour years ago that could be part of NFL but never came to pass, the crowds for Wembley are unbelievable and the infrastructure is there when NFL comes to town
I expect we'll see a London-based franchise within the next 5 years.

I expected to see a new stadium 20 years ago, so you'll understand if I donot hold my breathe :ROFL:
I hadn't realised that Fossets Farm was going to host a new NFL franchise, that's quite the coup.

The wheels have been in motion to get an NFL franchise here since the first London game nearly 15 years ago.

I hadn't realised that Fossets Farm was going to host a new NFL franchise, that's quite the coup.

The wheels have been in motion to get an NFL franchise here since the first London game nearly 15 years ago.

Rons spun them the yarn about David Beckham being involved. Just failed to mention his only connection is the rusting heap of metal in various parts of B & L that used to hear his name:Worthy:

My contract start date has been put back by a week so I have lost a weeks income.

Not the end of the world but I don't really want to take any time off at the moment.

Why do schools make kids study Shakespeare?

The only good book I studied at school was All Quiet On The Western Front. I hated Shakespeare and also The Mayor Of Casterbridge which were complete borax.

I was taken on a primary school trip to watch Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew at the cinema, starring Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton and Michael York. What a load of wotsits.

We went to London to see the Tempest at school. Glorious. We have seen lots of Shakespeare at the Barbican, Stratford and the Globe. Saw Dame Judy and Kenneth Branagh in a Winter's Tale and seen Ian McEllern, Patrick Stewart and David Tennant in roles. I think it's fabulous. Still we are all different and this is what makes it a great life.

Why do schools make kids study Shakespeare?

The only good book I studied at school was All Quiet On The Western Front.
I hated Shakespeare and also The Mayor Of Casterbridge which were complete borax.

Did you leave school at 16 or something ? (without discovering the school library?)

I'll always remember moving to EHS after Highfield College and devouring the school library there after being excused a lot of lessons.Would sit at the back of classes and read George Orwell etc after finishing my H/W.

Also when I tranferred to WHS will always remember a school 6th form trip to the Oxford Playhouse theatre to see a production of The Tempest (and go backstage beforehand to see the actors rehearse).Magic.Only ever been to see some crummy musical at The Palace before.Became a lifelong fan of Btritish theatre after that school trip.

Back