• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So yesterday I fancied a cheeky McDonalds for a change. Fries and a chicken mayo, drive through. It was the one at Garons at the end of Hamstel Road. It was tea time, but the car queue was longer than usual down the road outside. What was causing the hold up? It was all the fast food delivery drivers in their own cars. There was about 25 of them, some inside, most outside near the front door, a lot of them chatting, no mask, all waiting for their orders to be delivered. You know, Just Eat, etc, etc. They were not in the drive through queue by the way, as they whizz past our queue. These delivery drivers park everywhere inside and out. The disabled bays being one of the favourites(I'm sure they're told not to by McDonalds). I finally get to the front of my car queue, place my order, and told to wait(if I can find a space) in the car park. I had to wait about another 15 minutes for my simple order. So, fast food it was not, as it took about 40 minutes in total. It didn't make me angry as I'm very patient, but I think their system's gone wrong somewhere with all these online app orders.
A friend of mine who lived just around the corner had his Father in law visit and decided wanted something to eat, being late and restaurant shut decided to walk through the drive thru only to be told they coudn't serve him because he didn't have a car! ?

A friend of mine who lived just around the corner had his Father in law visit and decided wanted something to eat, being late and restaurant shut decided to walk through the drive thru only to be told they coudn't serve him because he didn't have a car! ?

I was refused service on my mountain bike.

The ****ing NFL Super Bowl. I have absolutely no interest in American Football and it ****es me off no end that my BBC licence money is spent on extensive coverage of this colonial sports final. Watching Dan Walker with two no-mark yanks dribbling about the game on a football Saturday is outrageous. And before anyone tells me it's terrific I don't ****ing care what you think of it. Pah:Angry:

The ****ing NFL Super Bowl. I have absolutely no interest in American Football and it ****es me off no end that my BBC licence money is spent on extensive coverage of this colonial sports final. Watching Dan Walker with two no-mark yanks dribbling about the game on a football Saturday is outrageous. And before anyone tells me it terrific I don't ****ing care what you think of it. Pah:Angry:

Absolutely with you there, I hate the sport but strangely I really enjoy films and programmes about American Football!

I don't think I would have qualified as my order was £2.39 in total. I've never used a food app. Anyone used them? Is there a minimum of a fiver or something?

The apps although handy can be a bit of a rip off. I got charged £5.99 for a delivery once of Nandos. It arrived and the chips were cold. Same often happens with the McDonalds. If it’s achievable without breaking guidelines and you can tie it in with a essential shopping trip just go through the drive through. We use Just Eat for our local Chippy though and that has always come hot and good quality, they delivery charge is good too. Unfortunately the McDonalds we have ordered through apps is often a let down. The chips are never nice!

The ****ing NFL Super Bowl. I have absolutely no interest in American Football and it ****es me off no end that my BBC licence money is spent on extensive coverage of this colonial sports final. Watching Dan Walker with two no-mark yanks dribbling about the game on a football Saturday is outrageous. And before anyone tells me it terrific I don't ****ing care what you think of it. Pah:Angry:

That coupled with the only two events they have live coverage left are snooker and tennis sums the BBC up?

That coupled with the only two events they have live coverage left are snooker and tennis sums the BBC up?

That's because they have been paying much too much money to all the heads of the BBC and to their celebrities and presenters. Didn't they pay Jonathan Ross £6Million for him to present his show 2009? Bonkers. He said he would have done it for £1Million when asked, but joked, who would refuse money that's being thrown at them. They've openly admitted that after paying all the salaries of everyone, there's not much left in the pot for live sports.

The BBC have coverage of the NFL as the NFL sees giving them coverage on the cheap as a way of growing the sport. The ECB should take note.

It will be some of the cheapest programming that the BBC has. The actual footage is provided to them and all they need to do is have a presenter in a studio with two experts talking about it. Contrast that to Wimbledon when the BBC pay a premium for exclusive footage (Sky also show the Super Bowl), then need multiple camera crews to film it etc.

Marlborough Construction have just finished the first day of installing our vehicle crossing just under 5 months since we started the process. At least it's now being done.
They are due to lift the covering boards over the concrete bit on Thursday, and before that tarmac the pavement part. The tarmac is due Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I reckon there is a very good chance that none of this will now happen because of the snow. Hey ho, another week then probably. I'd just like to say bollocks!!

They are due to lift the covering boards over the concrete bit on Thursday, and before that tarmac the pavement part. The tarmac is due Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. I reckon there is a very good chance that none of this will now happen because of the snow. Hey ho, another week then probably. I'd just like to say bollocks!!
Will u please not b rude on my site !????????????

The ****ing NFL Super Bowl. I have absolutely no interest in American Football and it ****es me off no end that my BBC licence money is spent on extensive coverage of this colonial sports final. Watching Dan Walker with two no-mark yanks dribbling about the game on a football Saturday is outrageous. And before anyone tells me it's terrific I don't ****ing care what you think of it. Pah:Angry:
Played the game for a few years, wonderful game, not just men throwing themselves at someone. You should go to a game with someone who will talk you through the tactics and get a better understanding of the game

Superbowl final this was exceptional and great to see a legend in any sport like Tom Brady lift the trophy again

Now Rugby union dont get me started on that called a sport ..... :ROFL: :ROFL:

Back