• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am pretty sure I have just seen Emile Acquah buying a small tube of Pringles in Sainsburys.

Surely a first team player should be shopping in Waitrose?

At the very least I would have thought that Ron would have it written into the contracts of players and staff not to shop in Sainsburys with all the issues he encountered when trying to sell them Roots Hall

So sad. Another 37 dogs seized, most stolen. This time in Langley Green, Feering, Essex. Some in a bad way, and one had to be put out of it's misery on the spot. There was 8 live, and shockingly 7 dead puppies.

PayPal. A transfer of money from the US sent last Saturday seems to have dropped into a black hole. Neither the sender or myself can get through to PP to find out what's happened.

Nightmare cycling commute.

Broke chain by Benfleet station - 5 min repair job because I carry spares.

Got to Leigh and noticed my saddlebag has fallen off - found it by The Barge Gladys.

Decided to work from home.

Nightmare cycling commute.

Broke chain by Benfleet station - 5 min repair job because I carry spares.

Got to Leigh and noticed my saddlebag has fallen off - found it by The Barge Gladys.

Decided to work from home.

Surely this is in the wrong thread?

The fall through rate at the moment is way higher than normal. Was it to do with the mortgage? We're finding that a lot of people are suddenly finding that mortgage companies aren't taking full wages into account if people have been furloughed, and furlough money means people can't get the mortgages they thought they could.

Can't anyone break chain?

My daughter's purchase fell through in Feb at the point of exchange, we found her another (better) house which is now due to exchange having been rushed through to keep the top of the chain in place. Fingers crossed for both of you.

It turns out the woman at the bottom of the chain took a job offer in Newcastle. Basically she just wasted everyone's time. 8

It turns out the woman at the bottom of the chain took a job offer in Newcastle. Basically she just wasted everyone's time. 8
Wow. That's shocking. There really need to be some changes to the system and some kind of deposit paid that's forfeit in circumstances like that.

The Guardian's 'man on the terraces' article about the proposed European Super League

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...as-we-know-it-its-almost-as-if-they-dont-care

For all I know David Baddiel slept under a Chelsea duvet since he was a toddler but he is perceived as exactly the sort of punter that helped price the game away from many.

It wouldn't have killed The Guardian to look outside their circle of Zone 1/2 Oxbridge graduate mates for an opinion.

The dire situation with Covid in India, yet the IPL gravy train still rolls on.

Not entirely true. A number of international players are going home, mainly Australians.

However, did you see the crowds at the test, one day and T20 matches against England? No crowd segregation and no masks. Even the Sky commentators mentioned it. It was only a matter of time.

Not entirely true. A number of international players are going home, mainly Australians.

However, did you see the crowds at the test, one day and T20 matches against England? No crowd segregation and no masks. Even the Sky commentators mentioned it. It was only a matter of time.

Yes and fair play to Kane Richardson and co for getting out. Just thought all the billionare owners who get a lot of screen time normally might call time or are they just the Florentine Perez of cricket?

The crowds and lack of any control against didn't surprise me and I to thought it was only a matter of time.

Yes and fair play to Kane Richardson and co for getting out. Just thought all the billionare owners who get a lot of screen time normally might call time or are they just the Florentine Perez of cricket?

The crowds and lack of any control against didn't surprise me and I to thought it was only a matter of time.

As much as I agree with India receiving international help, a part of me can't also help thinking that they're reaping what they sowed.

Back