• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

If I was a non-playing staff member I would be totally bemused. I wouldn't be asking sponsors or the Trust to sort it either. It would be my manager, then ACAS or my union rep if applicable.
Bemused would be putting it quite mildly.

I can imagine that these people would be in shock, and be afraid, when they find that they are not being paid. In those circumstances, common sense could easily fly out of the window and they would reach out for anyone who seemed likely to be able to help.

Curiouser and curiouser

Is there no way in which the sponsors group and the Shrimper Trust can work together on this?

It would be disappointing if differences between them detracted from the end goal of ensuring that employees receive their pay on time and in full as a matter of monthly routine.
I'm not sure what differences there are between the sponsors' group and the Shrimpers Trust (for full disclosure, I'm a Trust Board member). If anyone from the sponsors' group wants to contact us, it's easy enough to do here.

Maybe I'm naïve, but I don't think there's a single person connected to Southend United Football Club (supporter or sponsor) that wouldn't want the club to ensure that all employees receive their pay on time, so I would suggest there's a common goal.

In reference to @Ghost of C.F.'s post, the historic minutes of the Shrimpers Trust's meetings with the club can be found on our website here. I can't answer the specific questions asked as I wasn't present yesterday, but that's where the minutes from this week's meeting will appear in due course.

Bemused would be putting it quite mildly.

I can imagine that these people would be in shock, and be afraid, when they find that they are not being paid. In those circumstances, common sense could easily fly out of the window and they would reach out for anyone who seemed likely to be able to help.
That's exactly what the position is on the ground - a group of frightened people that don't know who best to turn to in their hour of need . They should most certainly not be seen as a welcome source of short term finance for the club.

As the Shrimpers Trust now seem to have taken over responsibility for sorting out the late pay issues at the club we would like them to answer the following 4 questions for us

1. Who cancelled the planned liaison meeting for last week between themselves and the club?
Was it the club or the Trust.
2. Has the club paid all non-playing staff in full and on time in recent months.
3. On what date was June salaries paid to the non-playing staff.
4 . If there has been late pay to staff what exactly do you propose to do about it .

Thank You
The Trust has not taken over any responsibility for late payment issues at the Club and nor do we intend to.
We would be interested to know how you have come to this conclusion.

In response to your questions:

1. The Club postponed due to a personal issue (we were happy to oblige), why is that important?
2. Clearly not - you answered this yourself in previous posts!
3. Why is this important? - The question to ask is why were people not paid on time and how can we make sure that doesn't happen again.
4. The Shrimpers Trust has offered to help and in fact has helped recently with a non staff issue. Our offer of further assistance was declined.

Minutes of yesterday's meeting will be circulated, as usual, once they have been compiled and approved by attendees.

And Finally the Trust would be more than happy to work with anyone to help SUFC, so why not contact us - a PM would be good?
It would be nice to know which sponsor(s) we are actually being questioned by!

The Trust has not taken over any responsibility for late payment issues at the Club and nor do we intend to.
We would be interested to know how you have come to this conclusion.

In response to your questions:

1. The Club postponed due to a personal issue (we were happy to oblige), why is that important?
2. Clearly not - you answered this yourself in previous posts!
3. Why is this important? - The question to ask is why were people not paid on time and how can we make sure that doesn't happen again.
4. The Shrimpers Trust has offered to help and in fact has helped recently with a non staff issue. Our offer of further assistance was declined.

Minutes of yesterday's meeting will be circulated, as usual, once they have been compiled and approved by attendees.

And Finally the Trust would be more than happy to work with anyone to help SUFC, so why not contact us - a PM would be good?
It would be nice to know which sponsor(s) we are actually being questioned by!
Surely any discussions between the Trust and sponsors should be conducted privately. I'm not sure why it should be on here.

(I don't necessarily blame you for answering, but personally I would have asked that the questions be directed to the Trust not SZ where they can be discussed properly.)

Surely any discussions between the Trust and sponsors should be conducted privately. I'm not sure why it should be on here.

(I don't necessarily blame you for answering, but personally I would have asked that the questions be directed to the Trust not SZ where they can be discussed properly
We are going to cut this conservation down to a one word answer . This is because we already know the answers to questions 2 and 3 and what the trust do is up to them.
So, the question is who cancelled the date of the original meeting Club or Trust ?
That's surely not a question that requires a confidential reply . It is a very important question indeed and very simple to answer.

We are going to cut this conservation down to a one word answer . This is because we already know the answers to questions 2 and 3 and what the trust do is up to them.
So, the question is who cancelled the date of the original meeting Club or Trust ?
That's surely not a question that requires a confidential reply . It is a very important question indeed and very simple to answer.
So you were asking, on a public forum that has nothing to do with the recipient, questions to which you already knew the answer? Why do you want to air dirty laundry in public?

As I've said all along, I'm struggling to see what you and the other sponsors are actually trying to achieve here. If it's to help the staff that haven't been paid then that's admirable but the longer this goes on the more it looks like your real aim is to create as much bad publicity as possible.

I have not posted the answers to those questions so what is there to worry about.
Dont forget it was RSB that requested the involvement of Shrimpers Trust not the sponsors
We told them to stay out of this but they didn't.
But now all we need is a simple answer to a simple question. Don't you think the staff
deserve to be treated in a lot better way than they have .. Or are you someone who sees injustice and walks away .

I have not posted the answers to those questions so what is there to worry about.
Dont forget it was RSB that requested the involvement of Shrimpers Trust not the sponsors
But now all we need is a simple answer to a simple question. Don't you think the staff
deserve to be treated in a lot better way than they have .. Or are you someone who sees injustice and walks away .

Confused, I did not think you as the sponsors spokesman had spoken or contacted the Trust?

Confused, I did not think you had spoken to the Trust?
Confused, I did not think you had spoken to the Trust?
I am leaving SZ for good - just a snide little comment Big Dady .
Confused, I did not think you as the sponsors spokesman had spoken or contacted the Trust?
I am leaving SZ for good this time after a snide little remark like that when we were all dealing with a very important matter , Its not the sort of place where any decent sort of person would want to be . We will just leave the Shrimpers Trust to cover everything up and forget there are real people suffering at this football club .But I will make it my business to see that those staff get their pay just like what happens at all the other football clubs in the National League . In the end it was a simple matter - Everyone wanted to use the cash to sign Josh Kelly and didn't give a toss about paying club staff . Bye Everyone

I presume you think I'm now the Royal Society of Biology, so just to put the record straight I'm RHB (3 letter acronym for Rootshallbloke). And on the subject of the Trust I asked them for feedback as to what was going on. Bye bye Mr Ghost until the next time. Using the Zone to grind your axe was pretty unclever it seems to me and by the sounds of things, to others too.

I am leaving SZ for good - just a snide little comment Big Dady .

I am leaving SZ for good this time after a snide little remark like that when we were all dealing with a very important matter , Its not the sort of place where any decent sort of person would want to be . We will just leave the Shrimpers Trust to cover everything up and forget there are real people suffering at this football club .But I will make it my business to see that those staff get their pay just like what happens at all the other football clubs in the National League . In the end it was a simple matter - Everyone wanted to use the cash to sign Josh Kelly and didn't give a toss about paying club staff . Bye Everyone
Toys. Thrown. Pram.

Bye.

I am not sure why @Ghost of C.F. has reacted as he has. The Trust have historically ALWAYS asked for clarification on wages and late payment thereof for as long as I've been involved. It's not as if this is the first occasion where this is has happened!
Personal opinion @OldBlueLady, but I think this bloke has a personal crusade underway against the Club and he has been using the Zone as a channel to progress it. I think he hoped for a massive SZ ground swell of support for what he was saying with the impression that the was leading the charge on behalf of the Sponsors. Like I say, that's my personal view, it may be correct or it may not. The fact that he has scooted off in the way he has suggests I may be right.

Personal opinion @OldBlueLady, but I think this bloke has a personal crusade underway against the Club and he has been using the Zone as a channel to progress it. I think he hoped for a massive SZ ground swell of support for what he was saying with the impression that the was leading the charge on behalf of the Sponsors. Like I say, that's my personal view, it may be correct or it may not. The fact that he has scooted off in the way he has suggests I may be right.
But, why would you be a sponsor? Surely you would withdraw that support?

Back