• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Ron's statement 1st October 2022

Chairman Ron Martin has issued the following statement.

I want to take this opportunity to address our committed fans on the recent financial developments this week. I share and understand your frustrations and hope the below gives some insight into our position.

The latest problem has arisen due to a delay in the programme. As result of this issue, we missed a payment under our Time To Pay Agreement with HMRC. This is the agreement we entered into (like many other clubs) following the pandemic, instead of taking a loan from the Premier League. Up to August, the Club, with the support of the group met the debt payments under the agreement.

HMRC have now cancelled the Time to Pay Agreement, which, given the current economic climate I believe to be premature, particularly given the agreement was due to finish in December 2022.

Bridging finance has been agreed, but has not yet been completed. Once it has (weeks not months) we will discharge the HMRC debt in full.

On the pitch the performances have been encouraging, behind the scenes the staff continue to work hard and the supporters have been great both home & away this season. The finances will be resolved soon, at which point we can continue on our upward trajectory.

Let’s get behind the boys today.

Ron

Link

I make that nine weeks Ron which is over 2 months. :Scared:
It doesn't exist. Just like the stadium funding.

I do wonder how long until Tom patience finally runs out and ends up leaving..... must be pretty miserable being CEO of a skint club who staff/players are paid late or not paid. He must be thinking what the **** am I doing here.
I think its a big positive he hasnt tbh, he's no mug and although we are a sinking ship, he must still see a way we can ride it out and stay afloat long term with the fossetts plan.

He knows exactly what ron is like, has a much clearer grasp on the figures then any of us. If he leaves i reckon thats a clear sign its over.

I think its a big positive he hasnt tbh, he's no mug and although we are a sinking ship, he must still see a way we can ride it out and stay afloat long term with the fossetts plan.

He knows exactly what ron is like, has a much clearer grasp on the figures then any of us. If he leaves i reckon thats a clear sign its over.

Maybe he's just trying to ride it out until he lines up a new position? Doesnt look good on your CV just to quit. No offence to Tom but he didn't do he's due diligence when he took the job. He said things were far worse than he thought not too long after looking into the accounts. You are right tho, he realises now what he's got involved in!

What worries me is that I think he's too nice. A top CEO would actually be on Ron's case to seek external investment and encouraging him to sell up if needed. A good CEO will be honest and firm with a company chairman....I don't see that in Tom but I could be wrong.

Just to be clear I'm not linking any of the blame to this mess with Tom.

Maybe he's just trying to ride it out until he lines up a new position? Doesnt look good on your CV just to quit. No offence to Tom but he didn't do he's due diligence when he took the job. He said things were far worse than he thought not too long after looking into the accounts. You are right tho, he realises now what he's got involved in!

What worries me is that I think he's too nice. A top CEO would actually be on Ron's case to seek external investment and encouraging him to sell up if needed. A good CEO will be honest and firm with a company chairman....I don't see that in Tom but I could be wrong.

How could Tom do due diligence for a job created by financial disaster because of someones lack of due diligence.

What would you like to see from Tom. Shirt off banging a drum in X block?

How could Tom do due diligence for a job created by financial disaster because of someones lack of due diligence.

What would you like to see from Tom. Shirt off banging a drum in X block?
Tom is uesed to a poor chairman he worked with scully at gillingham after all the crap he put up there .Must be thick skined .

To be fair, difficult to do due diligence on information that's not available!

Scunthorpes latest statement
Scunthorpe United will soon be under new ownership after news of a deal broke today, with fans saying it's like an "early Christmas present".

A local group headed by former director Simon Elliott and Ian Sharp - both popular with the fans - has reached terms with owner Peter Swann. The club is currently in the National League relegation zone, having dropped out of the English Football League last season, and on the worst run of form in the division

Mr Swann said: "We needed to ensure that the club wages for November were paid as soon as possible, which will happen later today or tomorrow thanks to the deal and ensure the long-term future of the football club with new investment."

Scunthorpe United will soon be under new ownership after news of a deal broke today, with fans saying it's like an "early Christmas present".

A local group headed by former director Simon Elliott and Ian Sharp - both popular with the fans - has reached terms with owner Peter Swann. The club is currently in the National League relegation zone, having dropped out of the English Football League last season, and on the worst run of form in the division

Mr Swann said: "We needed to ensure that the club wages for November were paid as soon as possible, which will happen later today or tomorrow thanks to the deal and ensure the long-term future of the football club with new investment."
I'm actually jealous of Scunthorpe. A new low.

At least their owner admitted defeat and invited outside investment. Hopefully the start of better times for them.

One day Rodney...

From the Lincoln City board minutes:

Jabara family investment
Further investment from the Jabara family was considered and approved. All at Lincoln City would like to thank Harvey, Missy, Jaxon and Jensen for their continued support.

Ongoing investment
The board continues to search for like-minded investment in order to aid with the ongoing growth of the club.

Talks are advancing with one new possible partner in respect of a minority stake.

Why must clubs always be looking for further investment to aid their growth, why can't they, and other clubs, live within their means? Be prudent and happy with what they can afford. The financial problems of football will just go on and on until realism sets in!

Mr swann is doing what's best for the football club. Ron Martin is doing what's best for him not the football club, big difference. This is why I never understand some fans who defend Ron..... the way I see it is sufc are complete mess who desperately needs outside investment to stabilise and progress. Unfortunately Ron really doesn't give a **** about sufc and is now just in it for his big payday. This club under his control will continue to limp along with not much hope of better future. I feel sorry for the players and staff who continue to work hard without reward. My only hope is we aren't talking about the same **** in 5 years time.

Mr swann is doing what's best for the football club. Ron Martin is doing what's best for him not the football club, big difference. This is why I never understand some fans who defend Ron..... the way I see it is sufc are complete mess who desperately needs outside investment to stabilise and progress. Unfortunately Ron really doesn't give a **** about sufc and is now just in it for his big payday. This club under his control will continue to limp along with not much hope of better future. I feel sorry for the players and staff who continue to work hard without reward. My only hope is we aren't talking about the same **** in 5 years time.
Let’s hope we are still SUFC in 5 years time

I'm actually jealous of Scunthorpe. A new low.

At least their owner admitted defeat and invited outside investment. Hopefully the start of better times for them.

One day Rodney...
Sad that Ron refuses to give up anything for help. Nothing but a greedy gannett

Ron is hugely at fault here and there is no justifying anything. Paying people on time should be the very least he should do.

We as a club have been ****ed over by so many different things - local council, 2008 financial crash, sainsburys etc and most of all Ron.

I think the council are a big issue too. Clearly couldn’t give two ****s about our biggest sporting team in the county and dragged their feet for so long with everything. How is it other clubs get everything agreed so quickly compared to us with their new stadiums yet ours even with a huge number of new houses that are desperately needed seem to be seen as a bit meh by the council. If I remember correctly they were more interested in a project along the sea front (where there was a car park or something previously) and an underpass in the centre.

Ron needs to urgently find investment if he is not leaving until the stadium and if he can’t then he needs to find a realistic way of selling the club asap.

The only difficulty I can see with this, we can't bring in replacements due to the embargo +. Could it be that some of our youngsters currently out on loan have impressed enough to be much closer to a 1st team start. Jon Benton seems to be doing well at Braintree is one who may be considered.

Nothing from Stan lately?? When he came in we heard a lot from him and the zoom meeting were great now we are getting no communication from anyone. #martinout
Im sure if you asked stan any question regarding the playing side he would answer forthrightly.

Rm having no money is not to do with him, although im sure he is concerned as we all are.

Back