• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

My mate got a burger at the Bromley game. I wished him luck lol

He threw half away. Said it was cold and like cardboard.
My mate got a hot chocolate, the lump of chocolate powder at the bottom was vile!

Anyone got Nick Knowles telephone number?

We could request he brings the DIY SOS team down to Roots Hall for a Big Build. :Winking:
Good idea but can’t imagine any local builders giving there time free for Ron martin ( lol )

I think the east stand is vulnerable because its wood. The other stands are ok being concrete. I can live without eating or drinking at Roots Hall and have done for years. All lost income.

With everything we have been through and continue to go through, I'd say we are the most loyal of fans.
It's between us, Oldham and Scunny.

Scunny somehow are a bigger basket case, their owner is being chased by bookies for £1.8m and whilst he announced a takeover it hasn't actually happened yet and talks have broken down with 2 bids being rejected. They also look like odds on favourites to be relegated this season.

Somehow he makes Ron look like he actually cares

I don't know if it was mentioned on here but heard the NW Corner is closed now? Something with the roof?

I don't know if it was mentioned on here but heard the NW Corner is closed now? Something with the roof?

Was mentioned in an earlier post on here. I heard the reason was crumbling concrete and the toilets are out of use at that end of the North.

I loved the fact that the club did the trips round the training ground. People could see first hand how good it is.
When it is clear that work will start on the main site I think it would be good to have a few sessions open to fans to look at the plans and comment and make some suggestions about what the many food and drink concessions should sell. Seems a good time to get some decent food and drink. I think the commercial dept would value suggestions.

My daughter had one of these (well she had a sip and scrunched her face up) against Altrincham - it was horrendous and they shouldn’t be sold.
We can and should have the best tea, coffee, burgers, pies hot chocolate beers, wines and spirits etc etc in town. That's much easier than having a good team.

Back