• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

But if you look at his career he has had stints on the bench and worked his way back into the team.

He is a Championship quality keeper and one of our best talents to come through our youth system (yes I know he wasn’t a child when with us). We should celebrate his success and hound idiotic managers who leave him on the bench.
😂😂😂

I’m sure it’s not a. question of Bentley falling out with manager Nigel Pearson—he’s had long spells benched under previous managers eg at low-championship Brentford where our former keeper Luke Daniels was very often preferred.

Dan had started 378 league games in 9 seasons up until the start of this season. His only long spell out at Brentford was the last 10 games of 2018/19 and then he moved to Bristol City.

Apparently Brentford’s deal with us had a “pay more after so many appearances” clause. He could of course nearly reached that trigger and so Brentford sold him with a year left on his contract with them .… probably didn’t want him going for a free if he saw his contract out.

Daniels only played cup ties, those 10 games and 5 others when Dan was there.

It’s all relative.

Oxley won player of the season for us and in the latter part played with one of if not the worst defences we’ve ever had.

Bentley was excellent with us, his shot stopping and penalty saves were outstanding. He wasn’t the finished article otherwise he would’ve gone onto better. But he’s had a pretty decent career since leaving us and just because he’s fallen out with the manager now doesn’t mean he’s going to end up falling from grace.

Arnold is very good from what I’ve seen, but this is at national League level. He looked good with **** defence to start and then looked better when Lopata came in. But to say he’s better than Oxley and Bentley after one season in the National League is ludicrous.
Trust me he is better than Ox

Surely he's a better player than the lad who has replaced him? Has he fallen out with the manager, or is he out of contract in the summer and refusing to sign a new one?

Surely he's a better player than the lad who has replaced him? Has he fallen out with the manager, or is he out of contract in the summer and refusing to sign a new one?
According to Bristol City fans,O’Leary is the more reliable keeper. Many Brentford fans didn’t rate Bentley either.

According to Bristol City fans,O’Leary is the more reliable keeper. Many Brentford fans didn’t rate Bentley either.
Where is your evidence for this? No, thought so.

Where is your evidence for this? No, thought so.
Pretty stupid to try and answer your own question.
As I thought you knew Stuart,I frequently visit my younger daughter who lives in ….Bristol !
And if you’re keen on printed evidence ,you can trawl back through the Brentford fans’ forums. a few seasons ago,to read the torrents of abuse Bentley was getting, by fans preferring Luke Daniels.

Haha, put it this way, I was happier with Arnie than Mr.Flash Bentley who now as it seems will soon be finding his right level, League 1
All about opinions but damn sure a fit Arnie is better than League 2 Oxley and in his prime and fit Arnold would make a very decent League 1 keeper.
Bentley for me overrated and will be coming our way soon….League wise?
The Dan Bentley who has played 260 Championship games?

Being linked with a move to Wolves and Stoke as he remains out of favour at Bristol City under Pearson.

As I thought you knew Stuart,I frequently visit my younger daughter who lives in ….Bristol !
And if you’re keen on printed evidence ,you can trawl back through the Brentford fans’ forums. a few seasons ago,to read the torrents of abuse Bentley was getting, by fans preferring Luke Daniels.
You only have to read some of the crap posted on here to know that isn't a reliable source.

Last edited:
Every club has a few Wiggy's in the stands. Best to smile at their complete lack of knowledge rather than quote it.

Bentley has probably found his level in the Championship. Stoke would be an interesting move for him as they've just lost Bursik and he'd be alongside two former goalkeeping teammates in Bonham and Fielding. At Wolves he'd presumably be number two to Jose Sa.

Bentley has probably found his level in the Championship. Stoke would be an interesting move for him as they've just lost Bursik and he'd be alongside two former goalkeeping teammates in Bonham and Fielding. At Wolves he'd presumably be number two to Jose Sa.
I'd rate him above Bonham or Fielding so yes a possibly worthwhile move there.

Was never as good as he thought he was.
Probably better than Bishop (Man Utd, how’d that happen?) but not in the same League as a fit Arnie

Spot on, they are absolutely not in the same league. A fit Arnie is a decent National League - possibly League Two - keeper, whereas Bentley is an established Championship keeper being tracked by Premier League teams.

Back