• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Random question about exams....

There you go learnt something today:

From Guardian Notes & Queries:

Sic transit Gloriam or "there but for the grace of God go I." It is used to reflect the errors of others by quoting them directly especially in the use of malapropisms or bad spelling.

*weeps silently at the lack of decent literature in Vange*

Hils, seriously, you should read Brave New World. It is a truly oustanding novel.

:D

I've only been living in Vange since I was 9, but even before that, I doubt there was much good literature around in the other 2 places I resided in!!

just had my 3rd exam today... out of 7. i flipping hate exams and i definitely am giving up on education after this... overqualification is a serious problem IMO and i don't think a doctorate is really necessary!

*weeps silently at the lack of decent literature in Vange*

Hils, seriously, you should read Brave New World. It is a truly oustanding novel.

:D

second that.... there are only a few books that IMO are 'great' and that is definitely one of them

Which means the chances are the person marking it won't have either...

It means Prymnesiophyceae in English and it lived in the oceans.

Right, think i'll stick to the Latin version I think, cos i've got no chance of spelling that :D

I dont think so, mate! I'm in my last year of Uni and i'm 8 years older than you!!

I have to remember names such as Coccolithophore Emiliania Huxleyi. Good luck to me doing that!!

Ehux is a generally accepted abbreviation that you should be able to get away with (although if you do need to spell out the binomial nomenclature don't forget the species name should be all lower case - Emiliania huxleyi)...

I've had 2 exams this week so far, got a nice essay based exam tomorrow for 'Historical Perspective of Exercise and Health' as well as another essay based exam of 'Philosophy of Sport' on friday. Got my last one on tuesday, Biomechanics not my best subject so I'll be revising all weekend. Who said student life was easy??

I can't imagine doing an exam again. Best of luck to all of you that have them coming up, I do remember how stressful they can be!!

i've got a lovely one tomorrow - 2 hrs of pharmaceutical economics and policy.

the england game might be more enjoyable than revision!

Its Geography.. possibly the easiest 'O' level, or what ever they are called now, outside of cooking.. just write 2 paragraphs about 'Ox bow' lakes and your a certainty for an A possibly an A**************..

Then get a job..

Ehux is a generally accepted abbreviation that you should be able to get away with (although if you do need to spell out the binomial nomenclature don't forget the species name should be all lower case - Emiliania huxleyi)...

Well i've just had it. Im pleased with what I done, but I missed out an I in Emiliania. Just didnt look right when I wrote it out in the exam! Spelt the rest of it spot on though. :D

Roll on 9.15am Tuesday for my Network Design exam.....apparantly there is no right or wrong answer in that exam, just your interpretation of things.... :confused:

Well i've just had it. Im pleased with what I done, but I missed out an I in Emiliania. Just didnt look right when I wrote it out in the exam! Spelt the rest of it spot on though. :D

Roll on 9.15am Tuesday for my Network Design exam.....apparantly there is no right or wrong answer in that exam, just your interpretation of things.... :confused:

glad you felt it went okay Hils :D

Back