• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Random question about exams....

oooh, interesting. are we talking health economics, selling to the NHS that kind of thing. easy.

yeah i'm doing MSc International Health Policy (Health Economics)

pretty much it is about NHS financing, reimbursement, drug evaluation and application process yada yada yada

anyway my one this morning was shocking. the exam was 2 essays from 6 and i revised 3 topics from 8 and none of the topics came up. the exam was a biatch and im screwed!

yeah i'm doing MSc International Health Policy (Health Economics)

pretty much it is about NHS financing, reimbursement, drug evaluation and application process yada yada yada

anyway my one this morning was shocking. the exam was 2 essays from 6 and i revised 3 topics from 8 and none of the topics came up. the exam was a biatch and im screwed!

Oh dear.

I'm doing an event on how pharma companies can sell better to the NHS- big topic at the mo is PBC and to a lesser extent, PBR, but I'm sure you know that.

yeah pbc is a really interesting topic actually and aligning motives and incentives for purchasers and providers/physicians is what i'm interested in, especially the equity implications. PBR is also a big area especially after the introduction of the new GP contract and it's exciting in that the NHS is one of the forefunners with this scheme.

yeah pbc is a really interesting topic actually and aligning motives and incentives for purchasers and providers/physicians is what i'm interested in, especially the equity implications. PBR is also a big area especially after the introduction of the new GP contract and it's exciting in that the NHS is one of the forefunners with this scheme.

Politically and to a lesser extent, financially, I can see the reasons why the changes are being made - you get more bang for your buck letting GPs decide what drugs to buy and on an epidemiological level it makes sense as well, but on a personal level, the whole move to more primary care worries me - it's not thought through in terms of A&E realignment and cottage hospitals.

Still, at least the NHS is being looked at more closely.

Politically and to a lesser extent, financially, I can see the reasons why the changes are being made - you get more bang for your buck letting GPs decide what drugs to buy and on an epidemiological level it makes sense as well, but on a personal level, the whole move to more primary care worries me - it's not thought through in terms of A&E realignment and cottage hospitals.

Still, at least the NHS is being looked at more closely.
agreed....care pathways is a massive area and stumbling block for PBC and the equity and coverage implications are a worry too

Back