• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
1) Coldest

Has to be MK dons away at the national hockey stadium. Was a naff day in general but topped off with the fact it was literally Siberian temperatures. We lost, there was no where to drink and I think this was as cold as the UK has ever been

2) Wettest

Bristol Rovers away this season just gone. It literally rained the whole second half and there was almost no cover. My jeans were so wet I had to hand drier them off my legs once I got back to the hotel. My notes were soaked in my wallet and my socks and shoes I had to peel off me. Only positive from the night is I learnt that my K-Way jacket can survive a monsoon.

1) Coldest

Good one DTS, MK Dons at the Hockey Stadium was so cold it was bizarre. However, Mansfield away last season was the coldest I've ever been in my life!

2) Wettest

Macclesfield away (don't remember the year), but we lost 2-1. Jenkins got our goal. As anyone who has been will know, there isn't a roof on the away stand. The heavens opened midway through the first half, and didn't stop!

Wettest... Newcastle United away, first game of the 1992/3 season. It absolutely lashed it down. It didn't help that it was not forecast and most of us were in t shirts given the balmy August temperature. I've never seen so much rain at a football game.

Coldest... the coldest I've ever been at a FL game was actually Accrington v Bury Xmas 2009... wasn't helped that I didn't have a coat and it was snowing. For Southend, I'd say MK Dons, but at their new stadium when we played them over new year a few seasons back.

Wettest - Yeovil away, we lost 4-0 on an open terrace
Coldest - Wycombe Boxing Day. Eastwood scored the winner - seriously cold.

Yes MK Dons away - I took my ex-missus to that and she vowed never again :hilarious:

Hartlepool at home when Toellandback came after our charidee thingy was incredibly cold too.

MK away a def for coldest. Even the burgers froze !!

But wettest ? For me it was at Dagenham in a friendly some seasons ago It rained Cats n Dogs all match through and matters were no helped by the guy next to me letting all the water flood off his umbrella and down my neck !

1) Coldest

Has to be MK dons away at the national hockey stadium. Was a naff day in general but topped off with the fact it was literally Siberian temperatures. We lost, there was no where to drink and I think this was as cold as the UK has ever been

2) Wettest

Bristol Rovers away this season just gone. It literally rained the whole second half and there was almost no cover. My jeans were so wet I had to hand drier them off my legs once I got back to the hotel. My notes were soaked in my wallet and my socks and shoes I had to peel off me. Only positive from the night is I learnt that my K-Way jacket can survive a monsoon.

Not much to add to that. Both of them felt Biblical. Milton Keynes probably edges it. I also remember a game against Sheffield Wednesday in the seventies when my mum had told me to wear my parka. I didn't, and I couldn't even get my key in the door on my return.

Agree with DTS on the wettest, definitely BRovers last season. Dire game that was too.

I can't remember the game but decided at the last minute to go and turned up seriously underprepared. Never been cold since as I leave a coat in the car.

Wettest - Yeovil away, we lost 4-0 on an open terrace
Coldest - Wycombe Boxing Day. Eastwood scored the winner - seriously cold.
Wycombe Boxing Day has been the only time I've wanted a game to finish early it was freezing but the BIG cold one for me was Scarborough away 3rd round of the FA Cup, was still cold the following day

Coldest: Hartlepool away, Christmas Tuesday night fixture (28th). We were the only game in the north-east to go ahead. I may have died of hypothermia if I didn't have my new hipflask with me. About 7 years ago, Flavs in goal.

Wettest: Drizzle Rovers about 5 years back, again a Tuesday night on an open terrace. It wasn't a drenching, just that persistent drizzle that gets everywhere and is the reason why we'll all die of trench foot before we're 60.

Coldest Tranmere new years day Whelan era, players and supporters alike not up for it,absolutely freezing.
Wettest for me personally was Blackpool away (Webby return and that man connelly) was drenched walking to the ground.

1) Coldest

Good one DTS, MK Dons at the Hockey Stadium was so cold it was bizarre.

2) Wettest

Macclesfield away (don't remember the year), but we lost 2-1. Jenkins got our goal. As anyone who has been will know, there isn't a roof on the away stand. The heavens opened midway through the first half, and didn't stop!

Exactly my choices, I remember fearing for my life with the lightening at Macclesfield!

Coldest - as mentioned by DTS, MK Dons was awful, Mansfield last year as well with that wind. Also Barnet away a couple of years ago was surprisingly cold, especially stood on the terrace.

Not sure about wettest, I think I've been quite luck in that respect.

Bristol Rovers away last season was horrific, it felt like someone had pushed you in a swimming pool

Wettest... Newcastle United away, first game of the 1992/3 season. It absolutely lashed it down. It didn't help that it was not forecast and most of us were in t shirts given the balmy August temperature. I've never seen so much rain at a football game.

Coldest... the coldest I've ever been at a FL game was actually Accrington v Bury Xmas 2009... wasn't helped that I didn't have a coat and it was snowing. For Southend, I'd say MK Dons, but at their new stadium when we played them over new year a few seasons back.

Newcastle away is a good call actually. Assuming its the one we lost 3-2 in. That was very wet

Back