• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

I'll say it again, I was answering your point, which was solely about the money, until I pointed out the money is peanuts.

As it happens I agree with everything else. I was just answering the point about the money, which was the only point you made originally. I don't like it when the Daily Fail etc sensationalise things by mentioning an amount without putting it in context. You originally did the same.

this was my first post once the deal was signed:

'
£1 billion it is costing us for the DUP to prop up the Tories after she threw away the Commons majority that was given to her for free. Two and a half weeks of negotiations which missed deadlines of the start of the EU negotiations and the Queens Speech and that is the outcome. Omni-shambles.'

I don't really see how stating the amount is sensationalising it. In the economics of the country as a whole it will not crash the economy but it is not an insignificant sum and there are plenty of policies in place based on much less financially than that.

I'm glad we can agree on the that for many reasons the deal and the way it has come about is poor quality politics but I don't really understand why you felt the need to belittle my input for daring to state the amount that had been agreed. At that point it was new information and sharing information is what we do on here.

this was my first post once the deal was signed:

'
£1 billion it is costing us for the DUP to prop up the Tories after she threw away the Commons majority that was given to her for free. Two and a half weeks of negotiations which missed deadlines of the start of the EU negotiations and the Queens Speech and that is the outcome. Omni-shambles.'

I don't really see how stating the amount is sensationalising it. In the economics of the country as a whole it will not crash the economy but it is not an insignificant sum and there are plenty of policies in place based on much less financially than that.

I'm glad we can agree on the that for many reasons the deal and the way it has come about is poor quality politics but I don't really understand why you felt the need to belittle my input for daring to state the amount that had been agreed. At that point it was new information and sharing information is what we do on here.

Extra wages for firefighters for one. Or retrofitting sprinklers.

Lefites, you're to blame for this. If you'd just voted Conservative like Theresa asked you to instead of those Labour loons, we wouldn't be in this mess. :raspberry:

Out of interest ***, how much do you think would be acceptable to give to the SNP when JC does his deal after the next GE.

Out of interest ***, how much do you think would be acceptable to give to the SNP when JC does his deal after the next GE.
hmm, good question - there are different ways of answering that and I don't want my answer falling on deaf ears so to assist me, and for context - you have been an ex Labour voter for a very long time it seems - when was the last time you voted Labour and what was it that inspired you to do so?

hmm, good question - there are different ways of answering that and I don't want my answer falling on deaf ears so to assist me, and for context - you have been an ex Labour voter for a very long time it seems - when was the last time you voted Labour and what was it that inspired you to do so?

Come on *** don't avoid the question otherwise all your posts of faux outrage about the DUP will make you look completely silly. And you don't want that.....Do you.

making a fool in what way?

you have been an ex Labour voter for a very long time it seems - when was the last time you voted Labour and what was it that inspired you to do so?

what a ridiculous thing to say, I have no intention of stopping talking about the Tories at the very point they are teetering on the edge of collapse.

'avoid subjects that are difficult for you', I'll repeat the question:

you have been an ex Labour voter for a very long time it seems - when was the last time you voted Labour and what was it that inspired you to do so?
I asked Rigsby the same question a second time

people like you and Rigsby spend so much time attacking a party that you apparently used to support and so much time deflecting attention from criticism of the government that you sort of maybe don't support and I'm willing to debate that with you.

But he keeps accusing people of avoiding questions and I've asked him the same question twice and I hope he eventually answers as it will give context and understanding of his position - which is valuable in these debates.
I mentioned it to someone else as another way of encouraging an answer

I asked Rigsby the same question for the third time

Come on *** don't avoid the question otherwise all your posts of faux outrage about the DUP will make you look completely silly. And you don't want that.....Do you.
so, I wasn't actually avoiding your question, I was trying to use it to coax you into saying something that is not just slating the thing you once loved, to understand your point of view I was interested in your start point as well as where you are now - so for the fourth time in as many days - for context - you have been an ex Labour voter for a very long time it seems - when was the last time you voted Labour and what was it that inspired you to do so?

Genuinely interested.

It may be "peanuts" but it's still money that Scotland, Wales and the areas of England that are hugely underfunded aren't getting. It's a disgrace that this is allowed to be honest.

Translation: I don't understand how UK politics works and any outcome that I don't agree with should not be permitted.

Of course you'd say the same if Labour had done the same with Sinn Fein?

In that case I'd apply my same consistent understanding that these kind of agreements do from time to time happen in the aftermath of elections.

Presumably in the same scenario you'd be equally consistent in your thinking and would be telling us all what a disgrace it is that a Labour/SF agreement is allowed.

In that case I'd apply my same consistent understanding that these kind of agreements do from time to time happen in the aftermath of elections.

Presumably in the same scenario you'd be equally consistent in your thinking and would be telling us all what a disgrace it is that a Labour/SF agreement is allowed.

ddea4928c72aabef6151ba2b0566520252eee8717a38a30ec01f1153c873e0e8.jpg

Back