• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40547740

See the Tories aren't the only ones to have found a "magic money tree".

At least Labour are planning to put theirs to better use than the Tories squalid deal with the DUP.

Mayday.Mayday.:winking:

Personally I think a billion pounds is money well spent if it keeps ********* out of the picture. After all, it only works out as about £17 per person.

Personally I think a billion pounds is money well spent if it keeps ********* out of the picture. After all, it only works out as about £17 per person.
it doesn't keep him out of the picture - it galvanises anti Tory feeling among the public as they are told there is no extra money for vital services but £1 billion is tagged onto our debt to prop up a minority government.

There are not many people who would admit to being so politically biased that they would back a billion pounds of tax payers' money to keep out one politician - one who a couple of months was predicted as leading to political wilderness for the Labour Party and doesn't currently have the MP's to form a government. I applaud your honesty in admitting to being so blinkered.

it's a logical aim, but it's not a policy and it's very unlikely to happen

Certainly I think that the Blair government's introduction of tuition fees, (obviously after the Iraq War) was the worst thing TB ever did.

Why should working class kids (or anyone else for that matter) be saddled with 50,000 quid's worth of debt when they graduate?

As one of three kids, with a widowed mother, from a working class background,who all got degrees,I doubt very much we would have, if there hadn't been free tuition fees and reasonably generous maintenance grants, back in the day.

it doesn't keep him out of the picture - it galvanises anti Tory feeling among the public as they are told there is no extra money for vital services but £1 billion is tagged onto our debt to prop up a minority government.

There are not many people who would admit to being so politically biased that they would back a billion pounds of tax payers' money to keep out one politician - one who a couple of months was predicted as leading to political wilderness for the Labour Party and doesn't currently have the MP's to form a government. I applaud your honesty in admitting to being so blinkered.

He's not PM. He's out of the picture. After all, as I've pointed out, £1bn is 0.035% of GDP. It's peanuts, but in this case it's peanuts well spent.

He's not PM. He's out of the picture. After all, as I've pointed out, £1bn is 0.035% of GDP. It's peanuts, but in this case it's peanuts well spent.

So to you, Corbyn is worse than a collection of religious extremists, abortion deniers, climate change cynics and evolution deniers?

Rather than being "out of the picture" Jeremy Corbyn stands a very good chance of being the UK's next PM.Remember Labour are ahead in the polls and JC is also ahead of the Maybot.

Rather than being "out of the picture" Jeremy Corbyn stands a very good chance of being the UK's next PM.Remember Labour are ahead in the polls and JC is also ahead of the Maybot.

You do realise that once the status quo get the Brexit they want, in other words remain. Then they will turn on JC and rip apart his 'forest of money' promises and he will be discarded along with the other pawn (May) they used in the recent GE.

You do realise that once the status quo get the Brexit they want, in other words remain. Then they will turn on JC and rip apart his 'forest of money' promises and he will be discarded along with the other pawn (May) they used in the recent GE.

Interesting.Think you mean the establishment rather than the status quo.Didn't May promise to clear up the mess she got the Tories into? She's more likely to carry the can atm if Brexit negotiations go badly,if she can last that long,that is.:smiles:

as this is an internet forum I believe the correct response to this post is 'LOL'

So to you, Corbyn is worse than a collection of religious extremists, abortion deniers, climate change cynics and evolution deniers?

Yep, because he's an apologist for people who are far worse, which makes him even more dangerous.

Yep, because he's an apologist for people who are far worse, which makes him even more dangerous.
so to obstruct one person you see as an apologist you are backing paying £1 billion to 10 apologists. Such a bizarre attitude.
It doesn't even make financial sense, the DUP would back virtually all Tory policies anyway (other than the ones Labour would back) so it is literally throwing money at a problem that is not there. It's one of the most politically illiterate policies I've ever heard. But if it make you happy....that's something I guess.

so to obstruct one person you see as an apologist you are backing paying £1 billion to 10 apologists. Such a bizarre attitude.
It doesn't even make financial sense, the DUP would back virtually all Tory policies anyway (other than the ones Labour would back) so it is literally throwing money at a problem that is not there. It's one of the most politically illiterate policies I've ever heard. But if it make you happy....that's something I guess.

No, I see it as obstructing him and all the people that support him, i.e. all the racists and terrorists he classes as friends.

Back