• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I used to live at 98 Porters Grange Avenue . Can I have my football back please !!:smile:

Doidge at Forest Green has had an incredible season, we'd like to see him here next season.

A more probable player would be Wes Thomas, Oxford are letting him go. Not a bad target man.

Yes, Justin Edingburgh and Lee Clark had signed loads of players nice and early....How did they get on?

It was Port Vale the previous summer, just like Bury last summer, they signed 15 players before we had one. If other clubs can do it why don't we?

and look how well it went for them:smile:

Who will be the first to mention a string of old players who we could welcome back?

Hang on, I'll start with Granty from Peterborough. They have new-ish management who might be wanting to make changes after missing out on the play-offs. Granty will always have my respect for sticking with the club when he did. I must admit that I don't know how old he is or whether he is under contract but I think he could work well in the midfield for us.

Who will be the first to mention a string of old players who we could welcome back?

Hang on, I'll start with Granty from Peterborough. They have new-ish management who might be wanting to make changes after missing out on the play-offs. Granty will always have my respect for sticking with the club when he did. I must admit that I don't know how old he is or whether he is under contract but I think he could work well in the midfield for us.
i don't think grant would be anywhere near the quality of our midfield we already have, or certainly won't improve any areas in the midfield, we should look at better players.

I don't think grant would be anywhere near the quality of our midfield we already have, or certainly won't improve any areas in the midfield. We should look at better players.

You have an opinion - which is fine but that is quite some statement.

Interestingly you made me look at the league table and I am staggered that Peterborough have only 2 points more than us! If we beat The Gas and they (Peterborough) lose at Pompey then we would end up higher in the table. Quite extraordinary considering the season we have had.

i don't think grant would be anywhere near the quality of our midfield we already have, or certainly won't improve any areas in the midfield, we should look at better players.
We’d get a lot more free-kicks,though.

I noticed Shamir Mullings played for the U23s today and scored. Not sure he is the answer but fits the big strong forward mould. Quite liked him at Chelmsford and I'm guessing the Maher connection is why he is involved here. Didn't do anything at Forrest Green and was sacked for breach of discipline, noticed that in his purple patch at Chelmsford Nile Ranger was obviously a friend, replying to tweets etc.

If the ox leaves in the summer The poison chalice is if he gets player of the season .How many have we lost that have won that and moved on . But if he does go I just wonder if we go in for Walker from col u ever present and quite a few clean sheets .And he is one out of contract And two looking for a move .

If the ox leaves in the summer The poison chalice is if he gets player of the season .How many have we lost that have won that and moved on . But if he does go I just wonder if we go in for Walker from col u ever present and quite a few clean sheets .And he is one out of contract And two looking for a move .

That's not a bad shout. Obviously we'd rather have Ox but as a contingency plan that's not bad. I tend to think that if you haven't signed a contract by now you are on the move (in both cases)

That's not a bad shout. Obviously we'd rather have Ox but as a contingency plan that's not bad. I tend to think that if you haven't signed a contract by now you are on the move (in both cases)

Slight variation with Oxley though in that C.P. has arrived on the scene and has (as I understand it) made some significant changes in managerial and man management style .......... and not to mention an improvement in results. That might all add up to Oxley having a think about staying perhaps .............

If anyone is going to the Q&A tonight, can they ask CP how the division of labour works between him and the two assistant managers? I don't recall us ever having two assistant managers before so would be interested to know what each of them focuses on.

If anyone is going to the Q&A tonight, can they ask CP how the division of labour works between him and the two assistant managers? I don't recall us ever having two assistant managers before so would be interested to know what each of them focuses on.

However it works, it works. The first 17 games under Powell proves this

Good question, that.

There's been a few notable improvements under SCP. One being the quality of delivery from set-pieces and another the better accuracy and more frequency of shooting from distance and particularly following up.

I know SCP mentioned in his first interview back in January how he wanted to improve aspects of our play, so it would be interesting to see if the coaches are working on player specifics.

You have an opinion - which is fine but that is quite some statement.

Interestingly you made me look at the league table and I am staggered that Peterborough have only 2 points more than us! If we beat The Gas and they (Peterborough) lose at Pompey then we would end up higher in the table. Quite extraordinary considering the season we have had.

Imagine how much more than us they've spent on young hungry non- and lower-league players to finish 2 points higher? ;)

I noticed Shamir Mullings played for the U23s today and scored. Not sure he is the answer but fits the big strong forward mould. Quite liked him at Chelmsford and I'm guessing the Maher connection is why he is involved here. Didn't do anything at Forrest Green and was sacked for breach of discipline, noticed that in his purple patch at Chelmsford Nile Ranger was obviously a friend, replying to tweets etc.

He's also been training with Ebbsfleet apparently, with some of their supporter suggesting that Daryl McMahon was weighing up a pre-contract deal.

Back