• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alfie Pavey formally of millwall youth has hit 22 goals for Dartford. 22 years of age. Could be worth a look.

I an sure chris powell knows what kind of player he wants .At Charlton he had a mass clear out brought in the quality needed to get them up by a country mile .Lets hope with Rons backing he will do the same for us this summer and reap the rewards of promotion .

I an sure chris powell knows what kind of player he wants .At Charlton he had a mass clear out brought in the quality needed to get them up by a country mile .Lets hope with Rons backing he will do the same for us this summer and reap the rewards of promotion .

CP has stated he wont be doing that because he has some very good players in his squad at the moment. Results since he has taken over prove that. Besides he wont have the Charlton budget to clear out 15 players.

I don’t think a clear out is necessary at all. Some players may move on (highly likely I think) but many of the current squad are absolutely capable of a top six finish as our form since SCP came in shows. I’d love to see Bwonono, Kyps and others really pushing on next year to stake a claim for a regular starting spot. We’re in great shape - lots to look forward to next year!

We are a bit short on wingers - we should look at Danny Mayor from Bury. I think they would have had a better season if he had been injury-free.

I would think he'll have a few suitor's. If we're sticking with Kightly then I'd say he's better than Mayor. I'm not sure you could play both in a team with any defensive balance. :unsure:

Agreed about the wing but with McGlashan to leave and Harrison returning it leaves just kightly and McLaughlin. Kightly in particular is very injury prone.

We have missed headed goals upfront from strikers this season. A target man would be well received alongside cox and to try and get on the end of all the crosses we put in the box. A younger fitter version of Barry corr would suit me.

Bringing up an old name but Simeon Akinola? Barnet are poised to be relegated as it stands and his attracted interest since being there so I doubt the National League will be too appealing to him.

I see some clubs are already announcing what players they are letting go. Seems a little premature with one more game still to go.

I presume that we will get the game against The Gas out of the way and then announcements will be made.

Bringing up an old name but Simeon Akinola? Barnet are poised to be relegated as it stands and his attracted interest since being there so I doubt the National League will be too appealing to him.

Double deal get him and Akinde in!

CP has stated he wont be doing that because he has some very good players in his squad at the moment. Results since he has taken over prove that. Besides he wont have the Charlton budget to clear out 15 players.

Where has he stated that? Not disputing it, just haven't seen it and would like to see exactly what was said, cheers

Double deal get him and Akinde in!

Both would command a fee of some sort so I won't hold my breath. But I think it's realistic to say they could be quite nominal if both players wanted to leave. I assume Barnet would also need to trim the budget too.

Think it's been mentioned elsewhere on here but Bonne from the O's would be a good target

Other decent keepers on expiring contracts:

Ben Alnwick
Dean Gerken (born in Rochford)
Ben Hamer (played under Powell at Charlton)
Luke Steele

Someone on here I think suggested Kristian Pearce. In my book now Chesterfield have gone down he sounds a good bet. Got a lot of goals in a relegated side. However as always gotta get the ball to them. Looking forward to the new season now CP has them buzzing. UTB

Other decent keepers on expiring contracts:

Ben Alnwick
Dean Gerken (born in Rochford)
Ben Hamer (played under Powell at Charlton)
Luke Steele

Out of those I would want Hamer ahead of the others.

Agreed about the wing but with McGlashan to leave and Harrison returning it leaves just kightly and McLaughlin. Kightly in particular is very injury prone.
Appreciate I was away for a long weekend and may have missed it, but where has this been said?

Back