• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They look fighting fit Rob,good work.

Chick had a visit to the vet yesterday, Dave - he's come back full of beans after a Vit. B injection, plentiful rehydration and a new course of anti-biotics for his dodgy remaining fang. His appetite has been immense since. He's been demanding his eggs like Cool Hand Luke and he's also shat both of the cat boxes today so he's definitely on a roll. I just hope he doesn't leave it all on the training pitch.

lovely photos Rob, the boys look great & raring to go :Happy:
Hope that the late ko works to our advantage & the boys will be well rested and purrfectly prepared. C'mon Chick & Shooey, lets show those Black Cats just how its done :Clap:

He's got the eye of the tiger.

Just hoping we've got that will to survive tonight, Cultist! What I did see though on my last visit to the Hall on Easter Monday was that it did matter a lot to the players. The scenes at the final whistle at the Burton game made me feel quite emotional in the celebration and relief of the guys on the pitch - as well as our great fans, of course. With the ground at virtual capacity, it's going to be some atmosphere and I really hope that's going to help us in giving it a good old go.

As for Chick, he's started the day well - a wee outside the box and on the safe turf of the garden too. I've noticed that our results have been poor on the days that I've had excessive fall-out to deal with inside his box, so here's hoping for continuing continence management at Fort Nox today and for our lads to be spraying it about the pitch pleasingly tonight. COYB!

lovely photos Rob, the boys look great & raring to go :Happy:
Hope that the late ko works to our advantage & the boys will be well rested and purrfectly prepared. C'mon Chick & Shooey, lets show those Black Cats just how its done :Clap:

Thanks, Roxy - the pictures are from recent years but the boys still retain their photogenic charm. You'll no doubt have seen a second black cat in the first picture between Chick and Shooey. That was Shooe's Mum Twink - she took poorly after our defeat at Morecambe on the last day of the season in 2015 and died the following morning, sadly. It would be absurd to think that the two events were related but as we know, strange things happen in football and life.

I'm of course hoping for a happier denouement to this season's last game but I must admit to a strange feeling of excitement mixed with trepidation. Living down here, most of the locals will be rooting for Sunderland as our co-relegation battlers Argyle are generally popular with the good burghers of West Cornwall. So, it could be a difficult watch of the game in my regular football showing pub here in Penzance but I won't be subjecting our (with hope) lucky taliscats to that scenario and I will be entrusting them to do all in their power for us at home at Fort Nox from 5.30 p.m. for the next ninety plus minutes. I'm leaving Mrs Nox in charge of cat support duties in my absence - it worked for the last home game and I'm hoping for the same this time. COYB!

Just hoping we've got that will to survive tonight, Cultist! What I did see though on my last visit to the Hall on Easter Monday was that it did matter a lot to the players. The scenes at the final whistle at the Burton game made me feel quite emotional in the celebration and relief of the guys on the pitch - as well as our great fans, of course. With the ground at virtual capacity, it's going to be some atmosphere and I really hope that's going to help us in giving it a good old go.
The atmosphere that day was the best it's been all season. I'm hoping for more of the same and even louder today.

I cried after the win against Burton and I will cry like a baby if we stay up today.

Come on you Shrimpers! We can do this!

So glad the boys saved their best 'til last. And the team, of course.

Chick (left) and Shooey (right) hope you all enjoy the close season. Phew!

Chick & Shooe.jpg

My fellow Shrimpers,

It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that Chicken won't be able to join us for the new season.

Mrs Noxious and I, along with family staying with us currently, had to say goodbye to the dear old boy a few hours ago (last night).

We are all of course absolutely devastated but I know that he loved the adulation that you lot foisted upon him during our 'interesting' seasons of late. If truth be told, we were lucky to have this 'extra time' with him these last (just under) 18 months since he was diagnosed with heart failure and I'm relatively pleased to report that he had a peaceful passage to the big sleep.

So, it's thanks and goodbye from our joyous Ginger Shrimper and I hope that we can negotiate this new season without the dramas that nearly gave us older supporters heart failure at the end of last season. RIP cheeky Chick, forever a Shrimper.

Chicky Ball.jpg

Sorry to hear about Chicken. I’m glad he had a good innings and know he was loved by a good family.

Game day for us exiled Shrimpers will not be the same. ?

Sad news Rob. RIP chicken, you were a bit of a SZ legend. Keep chasing them mice in cat heaven.

tough news Rob. Losing a pet is always hard, especially since he reached celebrity status with SZ. Maybe a candidate for the SZ Hall of Fame?

Awww... sorry to hear mate although, as you say, he was in extra time, probably penalties as well.

Back