• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Given how that sending off fired up the team, was the spirit of Chicken whispering "red, red, red" into the ref's ear?
Cultist - I was worried that I'd jinxed it yesterday as I couldn't settle down to see what was happening until 4.45pm. I was giving Chicken a piece of chicken about 4.25pm and that may have been the time that we got our 1st goal from what my mate told me. Chicken was too busy hanging out with my special guest Cosmo Harris (the fairly successful human cannonball) when he should have been on Shrimper duty. I had to try to find William Shatner's version of 'Rocket Man' for the show featuring Cosmo at 4.25 & I was seriously worried about our dereliction of duty. But Chicken moves in mysterious ways and maybe giving that barbecued chicken wing to The Ginger God Of Shrimper Good Fortune at that time played its part. It's hard to say but that sounds like it was an incredible denouement to yesterday's game. I'll be looking at being on the sofa with the old boy at 9.10pm this Tuesday as I really don't want to mess with the karma like that again.

It's the first evening game of Chicken's recent spree and I'm hoping he'll be ready for the lap/sofa routine at 9.10 tonight. I dare say Shooey The Wonder Cat will try to muscle in on the action too. It's certainly all action at our place tonight as I'm giving Mrs Nox a night off the cooking too. Who says nothing happens in Cornwall???!!!

Fingers crossed for tonight, hoping Chicken does the business. My usual crossword puzzle today, first clue involvied a pig's foot would you believe. Trot on by I say, . COYBB

It would be easy to blame Chicken for tonight's adverse outcome. However, I am blaming myself for cooking on a match night. I should have known better. And I promise you that it won't happen again.

No cooking tomorrow please 'Rob'.

We need 'Chicken' in top purring form!

Take good care of Chicken tonight and tomorrow, Rob. The last thing we need is him picking up an injury in training and missing a couple of weeks.

Come on you mew boys!

No cooking tomorrow please 'Rob'.

We need 'Chicken' in top purring form!

Ha - all I've done is just heat up part 2 of last night's unfinished Chinese, Andy. So, that doesn't qualify as cooking a la Noxious like Tuesday. The old boy is purring already soaking up the sunshine out in the Nox garden. It could be difficult to entice him in for the game, worryingly.

Take good care of Chicken tonight and tomorrow, Rob. The last thing we need is him picking up an injury in training and missing a couple of weeks.

Come on you mew boys!

He's been highly economical with the training, Cultist. He doesn't like to leave any of his moves in training. I think I need to go out in the garden just before the match and exhort him and Shooey The Wonder Cat to even greater efforts with that glorious new chant that you've suggested!

I'm praying for no catastrophes today please, back to winning ways. COYBB

Fingers crossed, irenbird. Let's go into The Valley with our tails up.

[video=youtube;9udxbvHiqGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udxbvHiqGw[/video]

Categorically Rob, let's try and do these play offs together, Chicken is forgiven. Have faith, its still do able. COYBB

You can't blame the cat. Rob went to the game...............without the cat:stunned:

Funnily enough, Ronnie - if we can crack a smile today, not easy - this was a game I was intending to go to earlier this year. I couldn't quite muster the shekels for it in the end though. I think we can blame Chicken for this one though. He decided to stay out in the sunshine rather than try to lap up the good fortune for our boys. I think we now have to pray for very inclement and unseasonal weather on match days to get back in the Play-Off frame. Drat and double-drat. Here is the old boy looking suitably glum.
Bemused Chick.jpg

Back