• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yesterday at work I received a call from my 5 year old to say that because she had been the best in the class she was allowed to look after the class room Teddy Bear. I of course told her how exciting it was and that I couldn't wait like a proud dad to get home and see her wonderful trophy.

Anyway on approaching my driveway I could see the shadow of the bear through the door in the arms of my daughter. I opened the door ready to give them both a hug when to my dismay............THE THING had a West Sham jumper on with one West Sham badge and one Arsenal badge as well. No mention of her schools local team anywhere!!!!

Well to be honest I couldn't hide my dismay but with clenched teeth I told her what a good girl she had been and what a fantastic Teddy Bear it was although I did point out that when it went back to school it would be wearing slightly different colours. This is when my daughter got upset and said it could not be touched. The teachers said so and she would get in trouble!

Today it went back to school still in tact but............
What should I do? Tell my daughter never to be good again so this shabby, cockney bear doesn't see the light of our home another time?

The real horror of it all is that she now says she loves the bear , purple is her favourite colour along with Pink (Well Claret is almost Purple!) and that she likes the name West Ham more then Southend. What do they teach in schools today, poisioning the mind of a 5 year old!:headbang:

Last edited:
Yesterday at work I received a call from my 5 year old to say that because she had been the best in the class she was allowed to look after the class room Teddy Bear. I of course told her how exciting it was and that I couldn't wait like a proud dad to get home and see her wonderful trophy.

Anyway on approaching my driveway I could see the shadow of the bear through the door in the arms of my daughter. I opened the door ready to give them both a hug when to my dismay............THE THING had a West Sham jumper on with one West Sham badge and one Arsenal badge as well. No mention of her schools local team anywhere!!!!

Well to be honest I couldn't hide my dismay but with clenched teeth I told her what a good girl she had been and what a fantastic Teddy Bear it was although I did point out that when it went back to school it would be wearing slightly different colours. This is when my daughter got upset and said it could not be touched. The teachers said so and she would get in trouble!

Today it went back to school with head in tact but............
What should I do? Tell my daughter never to be good again so this shabby, cockney bear doesn't see the light in our home another time?

The real horror of it all is that she now says she loves the bear , purple is her favourite colour along with Pink (Well Claret is almost Purple!) and that she likes the name West Ham more then Southend. What do they teach in schools today, poisioning the mind of a 5 year old!:headbang:

Ed.......i think that in a few weeks time when i am down you will need some counselling from me to come to terms with the fact that we have to........

Erm......this pic might give you a clue mate!!!

Its the only way

exorcistDM0503_468x351.jpg

Last edited:

What should I do? Tell my daughter never to be good again so this shabby, cockney bear doesn't see the light of our home another time?

i think next time she wins it a southend badge needs to be added by the proud father!

Problem is she says she will not let me touch it as she will be told off. To be honest I did look for my old metal badge but couldn't find it.

Complain to the school and have the teacher sacked. This sort of thing shouldn't be taught in our schools!!! :madman:

Say it offends your faith and get the teacher sacked and arrested

Next time your daughter brings it home, take it to a Southend match, take a couple of pictures and send them back to school with the photos and a note explaining that the Bear has now been to see a proper football team play!!

I am truly shocked, i thought labour made all types of competition in school extinct. I am glad to hear that schools are still allowed to honour the good in the class.

I remember having sports day, where the Head who was a major lefty, made sure it was no competition and everyone was a winner.. Sickening.

Oh yeah, about the bear, I couldn't bear the fact a wet spam bear was in my House, and i probably couldn't contain my anger, but would have probably had to bear up under the circumstances.

What if clumsy daddy had "accidently" split something on the lovely bear and you had to change the top other for something more fitting....

Your daughter is still being good in class, she won't hate you for too long for getting the top messy at that age and threaten the teacher with ofsted if they try something like that again.

Hope this helps

:madman: Instead of bothering supporters by cold-calling them, Steve Tilson should be sorting out stuff like this. In addition to making the necessary complaints to the school about the teacher's lack of geography knowledge and the bullying manner which nearly reduced your daughter to tears, contact the club and ask them for a replacement more suitable for Blues Country.

Am dismayed at the insensitivity of the school here - assuming it is a school in the Southend area-ish? At infant level they should not be encouraging divisive practices like allegiances to football teams so for him to wear football colours, to me, anything other than an England shirt (for an English school, I consider that to be acceptable) is not acceptable. I love some of the suggestions being made elsewhere on this thread, particularly DWB's one and would argue that adding a badge for our team is not "touching" the bear merely "enhancing", and also assure her completely that if there is any telling off to be done, it is not her but you that will cop it. When you get the opportunity I would take it up with the school though, seriously, it's just not on.

Is the teacher new to the school or has this practice gone on in previous years? Seems very strange to me, our piano teacher at school used to send the kids home with animals to "look after", which helped them to learn the musical notes (Dippy Dog, Freddy Frog etc) but this is wrong on many levels - and that's speaking as a school Governor!

At least you didn't have to endure her walking out of school towards you with it!

The bear has to go. Lose it and, if the school asks, take the rap yourself so that they don't blame your daughter.

Next time your daughter brings it home, take it to a Southend match, take a couple of pictures and send them back to school with the photos and a note explaining that the Bear has now been to see a proper football team play!!

Ah seeing your badge in the photo Southend 1 - Manure 0 has given me an idea maybe I should get one done when Super Brettie Angel scored that famous goal to beat the Hampsters 1-0

The ex Headmaster was a big Southend fan so I don't expect he would have tolerated such behaviour.:clap: If it had been going on for a while I think it would have been only in secret as I am sure he wouldn't have accepted it and banished the BEAR OF LITTLE BRAIN to the office safely under lock and key!:)

Just a thought, perhaps each class has a different football team teddy bear to look after and your daughters class just happens to be West Ham.

There may be a Southend United one out there - in class 2 or 3 or whatever

Ed. See you on the 2nd

Afternoon Chap,

It appears the school has brainwashed your offspring.
What you should really do is rip the bears head off, burn the w*** h*m shirt and then drive to the school and confront the head teacher with it.
If they give you any grief, wait for them after school with a hardened crew of sufc nutcases and give whoever is responsible a prolonged beating.
As for your daughter, just tell her the bear was evil and had to go.
If she gets upset, give her loads of ice cream or sweets or something. Problem solved.

Back