• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A message...........

Bielzibubz

President
to the Southend United players out there on the pitch today and Tilly and Brush.

Anyone that knows me will tell you I'm not usually one to post critical comments and apportion blame but tonight I'm going to make an exception.

Firstly, the players.
You let us down today. You let the club down today. Hell, you even let yourselves down today. Why in God's name does it take us to go a goal down before you show the kind of passion and commitment we as supporters expect to see week in week out, especially in a derby game against our fiercest rivals? Why do we have to be chasing a game to see the attacking football we all know your capable of? I know there are perhaps only 3, possibly 4, players in the current squad that really appreciate what today's game meant to us the supporters, Macca, Barratt and one or two others, but that's no excuse and there are none. To the others that perhaps can't, or won't, appreciate just what it means then you have the chance to redeem yourselves and claw back some respect this coming Monday against our second closest rivals and I suggest that when your out on the field of play just prior to kick off take a good long hard look at the faces of those that have made the effort and spent their hard earned cash to come and support the club they love. Then you'll see what passion and commitment is all about. When you pull on that Blues shirt you have a duty to every single one of them to give it 105% and to play the kind of football we all know you can. Take this afternoons final 15 minutes and play like that for the full 90 on Monday and no one will be able to criticise you, regardless of the result.

Secondly, Tilly & Brush
You got it wrong today. You know it and so do we, the supporters. None of us pretend to know how to manage a successful football club and we all know that sometimes a manager will call it and get it wrong. What we as supporters do expect and deserve is to NOT be treated as imbeciles with the same old post match blah blah blah. None of us expect you to openly slag the players off on local radio but for God's sake have the balls to call it like it is. 'I wanted to use Laurents pace, guile and trickery up front today but it didn't work and for that I hold my hands up and apologise to the supporters' There, what's wrong with that? It's no criticism of Laurent as a player, it's just being honest.

There, I feel much better now (until next time)

Phil

Win some lose some:

Some we shouldn't lose but we somehow do

Some we shouldn't win but we upset the odds and do

Sometimes we just ain't good enough and fall to defeat

Sometimes we are sensational and have the world at our feet

Other times we are lucky, others not

Sometimes things outside of our control make us go to pot

Sometimes the unexplainable is for us and we can't explain why

Sometimes life conspires against us and we can only sigh

Sometimes it's too much money, or othertimes the lack

Sometimes it's pure skill, othertimes just cack

Sometimes concentration goes, and maybe effort too

Sometimes it's raging passion that drives us through and through

Sometimes it's a pain, other times it's pure fun

Sometimes it's all of the above, other times just one

Everytime there is the next match

Bring on the Orient

UTB

to the Southend United players out there on the pitch today and Tilly and Brush.

Anyone that knows me will tell you I'm not usually one to post critical comments and apportion blame but tonight I'm going to make an exception.

Firstly, the players.
You let us down today. You let the club down today. Hell, you even let yourselves down today. Why in God's name does it take us to go a goal down before you show the kind of passion and commitment we as supporters expect to see week in week out, especially in a derby game against our fiercest rivals? Why do we have to be chasing a game to see the attacking football we all know your capable of? I know there are perhaps only 3, possibly 4, players in the current squad that really appreciate what today's game meant to us the supporters, Macca, Barratt and one or two others, but that's no excuse and there are none. To the others that perhaps can't, or won't, appreciate just what it means then you have the chance to redeem yourselves and claw back some respect this coming Monday against our second closest rivals and I suggest that when your out on the field of play just prior to kick off take a good long hard look at the faces of those that have made the effort and spent their hard earned cash to come and support the club they love. Then you'll see what passion and commitment is all about. When you pull on that Blues shirt you have a duty to every single one of them to give it 105% and to play the kind of football we all know you can. Take this afternoons final 15 minutes and play like that for the full 90 on Monday and no one will be able to criticise you, regardless of the result.

Secondly, Tilly & Brush
You got it wrong today. You know it and so do we, the supporters. None of us pretend to know how to manage a successful football club and we all know that sometimes a manager will call it and get it wrong. What we as supporters do expect and deserve is to NOT be treated as imbeciles with the same old post match blah blah blah. None of us expect you to openly slag the players off on local radio but for God's sake have the balls to call it like it is. 'I wanted to use Laurents pace, guile and trickery up front today but it didn't work and for that I hold my hands up and apologise to the supporters' There, what's wrong with that? It's no criticism of Laurent as a player, it's just being honest.

Phil
Phil i don't know you mate, but a little friendly advice, when you come on here don't talk rubbish, just say it as you see it LOL. Nice one mate.
Just to add a little, didn't we try Laurent upfront for far too many games? wasn't it a failure? wasn't this published by Tilly? didn't Tilly admit on the OS that Laurent was better on the wing? So why oh why in such an important game for us the supporters did he end up in a position that he is useless in? i am totally confused by this. Our best 15 minutes of the game were the last 15, Laurent had been moved out to the wing. Come on Tilly, look at the facts and play the team as they should be played. UTB.

I was utterly bamboozled when we lined up. When I heard Jeff was in, I thought we would line up a 5 man midfield, Granty deep in front of back 4.. with 3 man Macca, Grant and Moussa, with Laurent raiding where it suited him... I only thought that because I felt sure that with Jabo going back, we had to fill his boots, and with Jeff coming in, it was totally unfathomable that Tilson would put our most dangerous attacking source up front. Dreadful call, and cost us. I dont criticise Tilson often but serious lack of judgment today, and only changed it too late..

It is unthinkable if Barnard goes in January. If we lose at Orient on monday (and lets face it we have just lost 7 straight on the road) then its concievable that by the Walsall game we could be below Brighton

I was utterly bamboozled when we lined up. When I heard Jeff was in, I thought we would line up a 5 man midfield, Granty deep in front of back 4.. with 3 man Macca, Grant and Moussa, with Laurent raiding where it suited him... I only thought that because I felt sure that with Jabo going back, we had to fill his boots, and with Jeff coming in, it was totally unfathomable that Tilson would put our most dangerous attacking source up front. Dreadful call, and cost us. I dont criticise Tilson often but serious lack of judgment today, and only changed it too late..

It is unthinkable if Barnard goes in January. If we lose at Orient on monday (and lets face it we have just lost 7 straight on the road) then its concievable that by the Walsall game we could be below Brighton

Me too, I thought we were playing a 5 man midfield because of Mildy's injury. Macca got forward at odd times, but Jeff and Grant were basically playing the same role - it was completely ridiculous. Laurent should never have been played up front we all know that, he looked confused by the decision and so did everyone else. One big plus today I thought that Moussa looked much more like his old self - which is why I was amazed he was subbed.

Me too, I thought we were playing a 5 man midfield because of Mildy's injury. Macca got forward at odd times, but Jeff and Grant were basically playing the same role - it was completely ridiculous. Laurent should never have been played up front we all know that, he looked confused by the decision and so did everyone else. One big plus today I thought that Moussa looked much more like his old self - which is why I was amazed he was subbed.

He is playing well at times, but if we had SUFC fantasy football would you pick him? I wouldnt. He rarely scores, and rarely gets an assist. (I would say Francis, and Barnard would be shoe ins). I fear Moussa doesnt really create a great deal, in fact none of the midfield do. Most of our goals are Barney goals from crosses from Scannell/Laurent/Francis. Our midfield used to be our strong point. It is now becoming a grazing area for players woefully short of form (Jef, Macca - you know who you are)

All posts have pretty much hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

All wrong today - we know what francis laurent has been doing when playing on the wing and he has been really dangerous - why overhaul the midfield to combat one absentee up front. We lost our only attacking threat from midfield (on form that is!) to do this and we got mugged off in all honesty.

Why not keep grant and macca in the middle, laurent and moose on the wings with scannell and barny up front?

Totally wrong and sussed out too if im honest- Col U, as much as it pains to say, not the best technically or footballing wise but they WILL go up this season purely for being the most organised team I have seen at the hall this season...I really hope that they dont go up - if teams actually try and attack and drive at them they may struggle but if its like what we did - pass the ball wide or play a ball to our 'target man' lee barnard then they will cope all day long.

What did we actually offer attacking today? Sure we had a few flurries but it really was a case of pass pass, turn, back pass...we had no link up play anywhere until the subs were made.

For crying out loud, we were the home team, we were too defensive minded with no drive anywhere on the pitch. Its not about trying to whip a ball in all the time - I want to see (and maybe im being selfish) a central mdfielder drive towards the defence, play a one two if needed but at least get in a goal scoring opportunity rather than hitting a lame backpass from an acute angle 25yards from goal!

Be adventurous Blues!!! Attack attack, fizz the ball about, drive with it, push forward - defend in numbers than attack in numbers!

Oh well, we will recover from this - personnally, i just want to see us be more adventurous...jeff driving with the ball for example rather than turning and playing a silly 3 yard pass backwards or sideways...

Anyway, drunken rant over....

I was more frustrated that the management once again stood there, arms folded, not saying a word, completely resigned to the fact we were going to lose. At 2-0 up, Boothroyd was encouraging, motivating and instructing his side. Our manager stood there looking lost. With a team full of young, quite inexperienced players, I don't think it helps. They need some leadership and some direction from the bench.

I was more frustrated that the management once again stood there, arms folded, not saying a word, completely resigned to the fact we were going to lose. At 2-0 up, Boothroyd was encouraging, motivating and instructing his side. Our manager stood there looking lost. With a team full of young, quite inexperienced players, I don't think it helps. They need some leadership and some direction from the bench.

If Tilly did more shouting and less drinking bottled water it might make a difference - it might not though

I'd rather he got it right at team selection though. No matter what he has available he picked the wrong formation yesterday

He is playing well at times, but if we had SUFC fantasy football would you pick him? I wouldnt. He rarely scores, and rarely gets an assist. (I would say Francis, and Barnard would be shoe ins). I fear Moussa doesnt really create a great deal, in fact none of the midfield do. Most of our goals are Barney goals from crosses from Scannell/Laurent/Francis. Our midfield used to be our strong point. It is now becoming a grazing area for players woefully short of form (Jef, Macca - you know who you are)

And this is why Macca has our highest number of assists? (Ok, jointly with Francis, but you get my point?)

Firstly, the players.

Secondly, Tilly & Brush

Phil

post of the year imo. exactly my thoughts.

andy mate again saying my thoughts. we were 2 nil down and tilly was standing there head down arms folded. imo that is in-excusable. no manager should stand there like that.

compare that body language to that of boothroyds. screaming and shouting all game long barking orders and demands respects, tillys approach is to not say anything and wait it out. really not good enough.

andy mate again saying my thoughts. we were 2 nil down and tilly was standing there head down arms folded. imo that is in-excusable. no manager should stand there like that.

compare that body language to that of boothroyds. screaming and shouting all game long barking orders and demands respects, tillys approach is to not say anything and wait it out. really not good enough.

I don't know where you have been for the last 6 years, but ranting and raving is not his way, and never will be.

If you think shouting & barking orders demands respect then IMO you are sadly mistaken, I accept that sport is different from many walks of life and professions, but if I have someone barking orders at me they do not get respect, they are firmly put in their place.

It says something when in a local derby one of the only 3 players who showed passion and commitment are a teenager who's played 3 or 4 games on loan for the club and comes from Plymouth. Morrison was our MOTM in my opinion and only Barrett and Macca showed any commitment, although Macca could channel it in better ways!

I don't know where you have been for the last 6 years, but ranting and raving is not his way, and never will be.

If you think shouting & barking orders demands respect then IMO you are sadly mistaken, I accept that sport is different from many walks of life and professions, but if I have someone barking orders at me they do not get respect, they are firmly put in their place.

i personally think you are sadly mistaken. when your players are showing no passion etc etc then what else should you do???? do what tilly does and stand there staring at the flooring arms folded. come off it. what planet are you from.

how can you possibly think this is good management. what example is this setting firstly.

i am however not saying tilly needs to shout all game long but would be nice to see he still has the fire in his belly and doesn't accept **** poor performances.

i am a big fan of tilson but seeing this yesterday made my blood boil and just think how can he just stand there with 20 odd minutes to go.

i personally think you are sadly mistaken. when your players are showing no passion etc etc then what else should you do???? do what tilly does and stand there staring at the flooring arms folded. come off it. what planet are you from.

how can you possibly think this is good management. what example is this setting firstly.

i am however not saying tilly needs to shout all game long but would be nice to see he still has the fire in his belly and doesn't accept **** poor performances.

i am a big fan of tilson but seeing this yesterday made my blood boil and just think how can he just stand there with 20 odd minutes to go.

While I see your point I can't agree with you.

Do you react well at work with your boss shouting and screaming at you? I doubt it. While I accept sports are different from other professions, I doubt that shouting the odds and waving your arms like a demented traffic warden have an awful lot of effect.

My point is that Tilly has been manager here for 6 years adopting much the same style, and he isn't going to change now. He'll make and get his points across in the dressing room or training ground.

Back