• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sea Ess Jay

Today is one of the lowest points in my southend supporting days. Yes we have come a ****ing long way in 3 years, but when i go and watch 11 overated and over arrogant pricks pull on a shirt and perform like a sunday team with a hangover, then i get ****ed off.

What's worse is, fans chanting "Loyal supporters." Aimed at those who are slagging off the players, yes i slagged the players off, yes i meant everything i said.
I will not be told by someone who has gone to every ****ing game this season blah blah blah, that i am not fit to support the club, when i have been going to watch them in 3 different decades! I've done it, and thanks and all that but i will not be abused for voicing my opinion.

Now a lot of things have been said, and will be said on here. One is lack of passion of the players. I agree, yet disagree at the same time.

I was out with a few of the players last weekend, and i have never met such a passionate bunch of people. We were downing the drinks etc and all they wanted to talk about is the survival, and how much they love the club etc.

What i cannot deal with, is the incompetance of Tilson. Yes the bloke is a god, hero and legend rolled into one, but when he drops one of our best players this season (JCR) and keeps Badbuy on, then if i question his' tactics verbally in the ground, i don't expect people to turn on me and others around me.

Now to the players:

Darryl - utter commitment, great player.
Hammel - Great commitment, has ultimate passion for this club. Not so good tactically, a bit sloppy in the job he does.
Barret and clarke - the same, passionate, they play well, give it their all.
Sodje - beginning to look like he should retire, but has utter commitment.
Maher - commitment, but is only constantly in the team due to him being captain.
Macca - great player, great passion, but very arrogant.
Gower - too big for his' boots, and couldn't give a toss.
JCR - loves the club, great commitment, skilfull and wouldn't leave unless he had to.
Bradders - commitment, but let's be honest, an utter pile of dogshite upfront.
Eastwood - over priced, over sexed, over paid arrogant primaddona. If he doesn't want to put the effort in, then **** him. Yet what a player, and he does deserve the attention he gets!
Foran - superb, one of our better signings this season and deserves a chance to partner freddy.

Now this will probably annoy you, as most things do on here that don't go with the flow, but hey ho.

Where was the pride today? where was the passion? Not only should there be passion against rivals, but FOR FUX SAKE!! we are about to slide back down to a dreary division.

I love this club, as DtS said about me: "Hard to find a more passionate bloke who supports southend..." well i support them, always do and always will, but god help us. Where's the fight? Wheres the battle.

Please Southend, for me, for the town, for the 8 or 9 thousand people who watch you week in week out.

Remember! We make you who you are!!

CS J

Great post

and agree with everything you said.

COME ON LADIES GENTLEMEN...This is the time we need the club but most of all the club NEED US !!!

Evening Jay. Let me know mate when you have typed the Long Version :D

Agree with your post CS J, but much like CCC, I am concerned that the players were on the **** following their worst display of the season. Did you not let them know how crap they were that day?!

I totally disagree about Sodje. Ok, he made a bad mistake today which cost us dear, but the man has been a giant for us most of the season.

But has looked decidedly dodgy since being recalled in Barrett's absence.

Against Ipswich the general consensus was Clarke carried him through the game.

Against Hull he was utterly dreadful.

Against Colchester today he made an Amateur mistake which gave them their first goal and never looked truly settled, unlike Clarke who is proving himself to be signing of the f*cking century.

I can't say I'm surprised at Gower. He's always struck me as the type to love himself and I've heard stories myself about his attitude. Part of the reason Coley wanted to leave, from what i hear, is Tilly's love of Gower even if he hadn't trained all week.

Eastwood is, I'm afraid, screaming echoes of Collymore more and more everyday. The potential is there and we've all seen it... Collymore could've been an absolute Legend in everybody's eyes for both Club and Country but his attitude got in the way. Eastwood has the potential to be just as good and is coming to the pivotal point in his career. Will he reach the heights Collymore did, or will he fizzle out a la Malcolm Christie?

I just hope for his sake whoever buys him in the summer has the balls to sit him down and read him the riot act should he **** around like he has been doing this season. For a professional to end up in a fight resulting with a broken hand the day before the biggest game in the season is nothing less than shocking.

I for one feel that if we can keep the basis of the squad this season and nothing more than finely tune it then there is absolutely no reason why we can't do well next season should we be relegated...

Foran - superb, one of our better signings this season and deserves a chance to partner freddy.

I actually agree with everything you've said in that post....apart from this line. Eh? Foran looked alright in the first couple of games but since then has been very poor - for me the only signings that have really worked out so far has been without doubt the excellent JCR, Macca and Clarkey and to a slightly lesser extent Stevie Hammell. The jury's very much out on Foran, Francis, Paynter, Harrold and Collis (who looked shaky at QPR). Hooper is less easy to judge as he's one for the future, doing well at Orient though.

A well thought-out and written post CS J, but one thing I totally disagree with you on. It is NEVER appropriate to start screaming abuse at the players during the match. After the match, down the pub, on the message boards let it out and vent your anger but abusing players during a game is worse than pointless, it is helping the opposition. It is also one of the things that has been a perennial problem at Roots Hall as long as I can remember (and I've been going for 40 years not just bits of 3 decades).

For a professional to end up in a fight resulting with a broken hand the day before the biggest game in the season is nothing less than shocking.

I agree to an extent on this but to be honest we don't know the circumstances and if as was intimated he waded in to try and save his uncle from a beating then I'm sure anyone on this board would have probably done the same in that situation.

Fully agree Freddy needs his a-hole kicked though, I don't think Toshack will be too impressed by the lazy git on today's performance (doesn't help when he's playing upfront with a partner who has the turning circle of a limo and the movement of Pavarotti though).

A well thought-out and written post CS J, but one thing I totally disagree with you on. It is NEVER appropriate to start screaming abuse at the players during the match. After the match, down the pub, on the message boards let it out and vent your anger but abusing players during a game is worse than pointless, it is helping the opposition. It is also one of the things that has been a perennial problem at Roots Hall as long as I can remember (and I've been going for 40 years not just bits of 3 decades).
You have a point.

Oh, not "Bits of 3 decades". That's supporting through 3 decades constantly.

You have a point.

Oh, not "Bits of 3 decades". That's supporting through 3 decades constantly.

Sorry, misunderstood. Have a good trip on Monday, would offer to share the petrol but I live North of Preston, so a bit out of your way!

:p

Back