• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aaron Lennon

Blueronron

Manager
My sincere best wishes to Aaron Lennon, who last night was taken into hospital, re Mental Health issues.

Many people will think or comment, why ? He has money, cars, a wonderful life style many of us would want, but just because he has these finer things of life, does not mean he is happy, outwards yes, inwards no

Like Bruno, Collymore, I hope he finds strength to come out of the "Black Dog" situation, and be able to help others,who are left in the system and forgotten

Maybe it takes something like this to bring it to the front of peoples mind, and hopefully the government (Who ever is in power),put extra fund and help these people.
It's an illness that is a silent killer, not only to the individual, but also the families close to them

UTS

Mental illness can strike anyone at anytime regardless of money, status or power. Wishing nothing the best for AL, hope he pulls through to the other side.

Clarke Carslile, Gary Speed, Justin Fashanu....he's not alone in the football world.

Clarke Carslile, Gary Speed, Justin Fashanu....he's not alone in the football world.

His autobiography is a very good read. And has a real insight into the demons that have caused him so much pain.

Really sad to hear this news today, I know many who suffer with depression, my son being one. It's horrid and I wish there were more help available.

It proves many put these " celebs" on a higher plain, come Saturday, but end of the day they are just ordinary people.

So perhaps when certain people shout out you Black **** or **** off you useless piece of **** and put in down as just banter, you may think again, but then I think those that think it's banter cannot understand or try to understand mental health issues

UTS

Statistically 1:5 people will expierence a mental health problem although not everyone will notice it. Unfortunately the stigma associated with Mental Health remains and it is still seen by many of something to be ashamed of or feel the need to hide it. Because it is not visible it does not mean it does not exisit.
As horrid as it sound the more high profile mental health is given to famous people the more accepting it will be by others.
I have nothing but respect for people who are honest about their health issues

So, you know him personally then? Or just another Sun reader... :nope:

I know him as well as you obviously. Drinking youself stupid every waking hour then trying to blame it on mental health is both a cop out and a deflection from admitting his own weaknesses. He is another George Best, a fantasticly talented footballer who threw it all away for the price of a pint.

And it's **** all to do with you what I read but I moved on from that rag many years ago.

I know him as well as you obviously. Drinking youself stupid every waking hour then trying to blame it on mental health is both a cop out and a deflection from admitting his own weaknesses. He is another George Best, a fantasticly talented footballer who threw it all away for the price of a pint.

And it's **** all to do with you what I read but I moved on from that rag many years ago.

It's not - it's an addiction and I speak as someone who knows personally the costs of it.

Ooh I didn't realise we had Paul Gascoigne's doctor on here!

Ah bollocks to the lot of you. He's a ****ing drunk nothing more. If you lot want to wipe his arse and hold his hand then crack on. Buy him another drink while you're at it, do the rest of us with some self respect a favour.

Ah bollocks to the lot of you. He's a ****ing drunk nothing more. If you lot want to wipe his arse and hold his hand then crack on. Buy him another drink while you're at it, do the rest of us with some self respect a favour.

None of us can speak to whether or not Gazza has a mental health issue. Stop going OOT.

child_eating_popcorn.jpg

Back