• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im sure it would be harder to sign someone to fill in for a couple of games than to get a keeper in with embargos going on.

What keeper would take himself off the shelf just for a few weeks?

One that wants a few games, to get sharp and perhaps earn a move?

I'm sure there would not be a shortage of takers. Whether that be one on the PFA list, or a fairly experienced No.2 somewhere. Such as Mildy for example.

One that wants a few games, to get sharp and perhaps earn a move?

I'm sure there would not be a shortage of takers. Whether that be one on the PFA list, or a fairly experienced No.2 somewhere. Such as Mildy for example.

In January maybe, but at moment Id have thought a player would be after a full contract and its at the start of a season clubs are more likely to have need of a new keeper?

If he signed for us for 3 weeks and another club needed a keeper they would go get someone else.

In January maybe, but at moment Id have thought a player would be after a full contract and its at the start of a season clubs are more likely to have need of a new keeper?

If he signed for us for 3 weeks and another club needed a keeper they would go get someone else.

Yes perhaps. But surely a short term deal for a No.2 somewhere could of been sorted, worst case?

To start the season with a debutant 19 year old and an even younger and inexperienced No.2 is criminal. And I cannot believe that is down to not finding the right one.

Having been keeping an eye on the Sky Sports ticker on the main forum, there was a story nearly every day about a L2 side signing a keeper, either permenant or on loan! We are under it and you know it. Please stop denying it. Its becoming a touch silly ...

Yes perhaps. But surely a short term deal for a No.2 somewhere could of been sorted, worst case?

To start the season with a debutant 19 year old and an even younger and inexperienced No.2 is criminal. And I cannot believe that is down to not finding the right one.

Possibly a solution, and one we may end up taking up, but any loan may as well be left closer to the weekend.

If we do start on Saturday with Bentley then I too wont be happy.

Having been keeping an eye on the Sky Sports ticker on the main forum, there was a story nearly every day about a L2 side signing a keeper, either permenant or on loan! We are under it and you know it. Please stop denying it. Its becoming a touch silly ...

But whether we are under an embargo or not, we weren't when we signed Eastwood and could have signed a keeper then.

We put a bid in for Mildenhall.

If we signed a keeper on a short-term loan it doesn't make any sense to do so before the last possible moment before he's needed.

Possibly a solution, and one we may end up taking up, but any loan may as well be left closer to the weekend.

Well whatever the issue (embargo/finances etc) let's hope it's sorted asap. Like today would be nice...

If we start the season with Bentley, the the clubs offical line we are not embargoed has to be doubted. PS surely move heaven and earth to get a new keeper in before the start of the season, unless our glories leader has ones again put a Southend manager in an impossible situation.

I hope young Daniel Bentley doesn't check out this site. After friday he needs all the support we can give him. For what its worth, no matter who was in goal that night we would have still got well beaten.

I think he is ready to be our proper No 2, playing maybe in some cup competitions and deputising when the No 1 is not available. Regardless of the off field going ons, lets give him our full backing!

I hope young Daniel Bentley doesn't check out this site. After friday he needs all the support we can give him. For what its worth, no matter who was in goal that night we would have still got well beaten.

I think he is ready to be our proper No 2, playing maybe in some cup competitions and deputising when the No 1 is not available. Regardless of the off field going ons, lets give him our full backing!

Dont think many are slating Bentley, but the fact is he isnt ready and if we go into the league season with him in goal then we are putting a lot of pressure on a youngster who probably isnt up to it yet.

A couple of mistakes in the first few games could be the difference of a few points and a lot of league places.

Mildy is the first choice and Club are still talking to Millwall to try and negioate the share of the wages down (this is the sticking point, nothing else).

Dont really care if people believe me - as of course I can only be proved right if the discussions with Millwall are successful, if they arent, and we start the season with another keeper, so beit.

UTB's

I would just like to point out that "The curious case of the Accountants and the Umbongo" is not as curious as "The curious case of Benjamin Button".....

We should at least seek solace in that fact!

I would just like to point out that "The curious case of the Accountants and the Umbongo" is not as curious as "The curious case of Benjamin Button".....

We should at least seek solace in that fact!

Indeed. They didnt explain at all why he was old looking but baby size when a baby, but then shrank to child size at the end. Made no sense and Im :off topic:

Hi guys,

Just checked Companies House and the accounts have been filed today
They are not yet available for download

Hurrah!

Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2011 (FULL)
Next Accounts Due: 30/04/2013
Last Return Made Up To: 02/05/2012
Next Return Due: 30/05/2013

Embargo lifted then. Hence well timed article on OS.

Now get a bloody keeper and a couple of CM's in quick sharp!

All our other signings were before 31st July (when the accounts were not late!) so this does make sense. To be honest I'm a bit relieved that the Umbongo was only due to accounts being late and not something more serious like players being paid late, HMRC or such like

Hi guys,

Just checked Companies House and the accounts have been filed today
They are not yet available for download
If your posts are always going to be as full of welcome news then you're going to be a major asset to the board! Welcome!

Back