• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I take your point and as I have said I would happily eat pie if required and actually proved correct.

If i believed everything that people posted on here I would also have to start agreeing with Wiggy then as well - which I refused to point blank :darkcloud:

As i said I also know that Martin has continued his discussions with Millwall regarding the wage % they want for Mildy - so I suppose I would also need to believe my own fact as well !

I hope it is a coincidence, but like wise I can understand the doubters ....... but I suppose sometimes I get bored of the "facts" people post on here - after their golf days with Tilly and the time someone sat next to Ron in the hairdressers.

The one fact, as I have said before, is that we have never been in administration and when we have been under an embargo before, we knew it as fact from the Club. That is all I am trying to point out.

UTB's

Thats no indication there wasnt an embargo of course. They could have been negotiating the wage whilst sorting the accounts out to be filed and would completed the signing when lifted.

As for knowing we were under an embargo from the club, they denied it before as well until they had to admit to it. The difference between then and now is then we were absolutely screwed and had no way of resolving it, ie getting more money to pay wages. This time we had an achievable solution, to get the accounts filed so they thought it wouldnt take long to resolve and could keep it quiet.

This is of course all my take on it, and I am cynical about all rumours, but when you look at the events that have occurred it does look like there was a short term embargo in place, which has hopefully now been resolved.

League rules state accounts have to be filed, ours werent. They may give 3 months leeway which expired in July, and then placed the embargo to force us to file them, which we did.

Doesnt sound like a waste of time to me, sounds like the football league are ensuring clubs are financially capable of making transfers.

I see. They may give 6 months as well.

It's plausible but far from factual. They also might not have signed anyone because in the last 2 weeks they'd been working on finalising and signing off accounts. Most employees at the club are male and as a gender we're bad at multi-tasking.

I see. They may give 6 months as well.

It's plausible but far from factual. They also might not have signed anyone because in the last 2 weeks they'd been working on finalising and signing off accounts. Most employees at the club are male and as a gender we're bad at multi-tasking.

Well if they give 6 months we are still under embargo so Belford didnt sign. Whereas if the accounts were due in April then July would tie in.

If we werent under an embargo then why would they choose not to progress signing players to get the accounts filed , and do we not have staff who work on different things ?

Im not one for accepting rumours without some sort of evidence, I questioned the Chris Dickinson twitter storm that people thought meant we were in embargo and that turned out to be wrong.

JamesTheSuperBlue has inside information and says we were in an embargo, together with all the other indicators Im happy to accept thats the case, if you choose not to that's your prerogative.

Well if they give 6 months we are still under embargo so Belford didnt sign. Whereas if the accounts were due in April then July would tie in.

If we werent under an embargo then why would they choose not to progress signing players to get the accounts filed , and do we not have staff who work on different things ?

Im not one for accepting rumours without some sort of evidence, I questioned the Chris Dickinson twitter storm that people thought meant we were in embargo and that turned out to be wrong.

JamesTheSuperBlue has inside information and says we were in an embargo, together with all the other indicators Im happy to accept thats the case, if you choose not to that's your prerogative.

I don't need permission - Make my own decisions

Back