• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

@calsufc97: @KatieLGroom @Cressy_5 @brogs11 @KevanHurst14 hope @brogs11 told u he's signing soon :)

Just seen this on twitter

Drewe broughton ‏@DreweBroughton
@brogs11 Yeahhhhhh I see you slithering about in Southend you little reptile!!! Got my spies around there ;-)

Looks like he will be signing by the weekend then...

Hi guys,

Just checked Companies House and the accounts have been filed today
They are not yet available for download
Well my ghast is well & truly flabbered.

Presumably SEL's accounts must be on their way as well, though not yet registered, but hey ho even 35 years of doing this boring accountancy stuff I still get confused on a regular basis.

This forum is more hilarious than I remember.

Why would any set of rules and regulations would let you sign (correct me if I'm wrong) 6 players and then put an embargo in place barely a month after? Worst embargo ever.

Also have no idea why an embargo is needing to be alleged rather than merely speculated. Surely this isn't defamatory and no-one has formally alleged it.

Lol ... AND like magic we've signed someone ... hope some are eating some pie!

Why ??? Because people on the forum made their minds up themselves that we was under an embargo ?

Its not like this is the first signing of the summer is it .... also, as I said, Ron had been continuing his discussions with Millwall in regards to Mildys wages.

If there is an embargo, PS would have already had a player in line to be signed on a perminant basis , as opposed to the months loan for Belford. Again, if I am proved wrong, by the any authority that the club or football league, that we had indeed been under an embargo, I will indeed eat some pie (no hard ship either - I like pie !)

There are too many "experts" on this forum - I sometimes feel out of my depth just being a normal season ticket holder, giving the benefit of the doubt to a club that as of yet have still been put into administration, even though I accept we are potless (but just as potless as most other football clubs that cant count on billionaires or Sky !)

This forum is more hilarious than I remember.

Why would any set of rules and regulations would let you sign (correct me if I'm wrong) 6 players and then put an embargo in place barely a month after? Worst embargo ever.

Also have no idea why an embargo is needing to be alleged rather than merely speculated. Surely this isn't defamatory and no-one has formally alleged it.

League rules state accounts have to be filed, ours werent. They may give 3 months leeway which expired in July, and then placed the embargo to force us to file them, which we did.

Doesnt sound like a waste of time to me, sounds like the football league are ensuring clubs are financially capable of making transfers.

Why ??? Because people on the forum made their minds up themselves that we was under an embargo ?

Its not like this is the first signing of the summer is it .... also, as I said, Ron had been continuing his discussions with Millwall in regards to Mildys wages.

If there is an embargo, PS would have already had a player in line to be signed on a perminant basis , as opposed to the months loan for Belford. Again, if I am proved wrong, by the any authority that the club or football league, that we had indeed been under an embargo, I will indeed eat some pie (no hard ship either - I like pie !)

There are too many "experts" on this forum - I sometimes feel out of my depth just being a normal season ticket holder, giving the benefit of the doubt to a club that as of yet have still been put into administration, even though I accept we are potless (but just as potless as most other football clubs that cant count on billionaires or Sky !)

The facts:

2 reliable posters on here with contacts within the club stated we were under embargo because accounts werent filed.

We havent signed anyone in a month despite having at least one player we want to bring in (Brogan)

Accounts were filed and the very next day we signed a keeper on an emergency loan.

Very big coincidence.

With the keeper situation its very possible that Sturrock is struggling to find the one he wants, the amount we have had in on trial backs that up, that doesnt mean there wasnt an embargo though and the facts all do point tothere being one.

Lol ... AND like magic we've signed someone ... hope some are eating some pie!

Pie - nice! :thumbsup:

I often prefer the turkey pie that arrives on my plate just after Christmas day more than the turkey itself (we are a bit traditional with the Christmas meal). Otherwise a steak pie with a puff or short crust pastry does it for me. Don't like it too much with carrots (in the pie) but a bit of celery or kidney (of course) is lovely.

League rules state accounts have to be filed, ours werent.

We don't actually know that, to be fair. League rules state accounts have to be filed with them. We don't know whether ours were or were not. All we know is that they weren't filed with Companies House.

We don't actually know that, to be fair. League rules state accounts have to be filed with them. We don't know whether ours were or were not. All we know is that they weren't filed with Companies House.

What we do know is the day after they were filed we signed a player.

We have also had two people state we were.

The evidence is circumstantial for sure, but if we never were then its a big coincidence, and why hasnt Brogan signed?

League rules state accounts have to be filed, ours werent. They may give 3 months leeway which expired in July, and then placed the embargo to force us to file them, which we did.

Doesnt sound like a waste of time to me, sounds like the football league are ensuring clubs are financially capable of making transfers.

The facts:

2 reliable posters on here with contacts within the club stated we were under embargo because accounts werent filed.
We havent signed anyone in a month despite having at least one player we want to bring in (Brogan)

Accounts were filed and the very next day we signed a keeper on an emergency loan.

Very big coincidence.

With the keeper situation its very possible that Sturrock is struggling to find the one he wants, the amount we have had in on trial backs that up, that doesnt mean there wasnt an embargo though and the facts all do point tothere being one.

Sorry - but reliable posters on a fans forum is not fact.

Sorry - but reliable posters on a fans forum is not fact.

The fact that they posted is a fact though. One even said we are under an embargo which will be lifted when accounts are filed, which they have and we instantly sign a player afterwards

And even if you want to dismiss two separate posters who have in the past been accurate, you have to admit the fact is we didnt sign anyone until the day after the accounts were filed is a big coincidence.

I heard enough from a reliable contact to know that we were under one. Whether other people believe it or not is of no concern to me :)

The fact that they posted is a fact though. One even said we are under an embargo which will be lifted when accounts are filed, which they have and we instantly sign a player afterwards

And even if you want to dismiss two separate posters who have in the past been accurate, you have to admit the fact is we didnt sign anyone until the day after the accounts were filed is a big coincidence.

I take your point and as I have said I would happily eat pie if required and actually proved correct.

If i believed everything that people posted on here I would also have to start agreeing with Wiggy then as well - which I refused to point blank :darkcloud:

As i said I also know that Martin has continued his discussions with Millwall regarding the wage % they want for Mildy - so I suppose I would also need to believe my own fact as well !

I hope it is a coincidence, but like wise I can understand the doubters ....... but I suppose sometimes I get bored of the "facts" people post on here - after their golf days with Tilly and the time someone sat next to Ron in the hairdressers.

The one fact, as I have said before, is that we have never been in administration and when we have been under an embargo before, we knew it as fact from the Club. That is all I am trying to point out.

UTB's

Back