• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

unfortunately I think this is a bad move for barrett. he's not good anough fro championship. he's no spring chicken so seems a real waste.

unfortunately I think this is a bad move for barrett. he's not good anough fro championship. he's no spring chicken so seems a real waste.

I dont understand the logic there.

He isnt good enough for the championship so should have set his sights lower?

He has 2 years left to play, surely he should be trying to play at the highest level?

A suprising move, well played by him. Suspect he'll just be squad fodder but you never know, if the manager likes him you never know.

Good luck Mr Barrett.

What a stupid post! He had one season in the Championship before hand, he might look better with good players around him. No spring chicken??? He is 31, he has at least 6 years ahead of him and possibly some of his best to come. A real waste to join a club where he will be playing a higher level of football and get paid on time and probably be on a decent wage. Engage brain before posting.

Gone for the money, same as Darryl.

Hardly, more like job security! Darryl was only offered a one year contract with us and he stated if we had offered more he probably would of stayed. He can't of been on much more at Palace than he was here. As for Barrett can you really blame the guy? He has a young family, mortgage and bills to pay? Why wouldn't he want to go for money.

So your telling me if your employer paid you late on many occasions and things weren't looking rosie and when another company came knocking with job security and possibly a pay rise and a position higher up you wouldn't take it. **** me we have some intelligent posters this afternoon.

Hardly, more like job security! Darryl was only offered a one year contract with us and he stated if we had offered more he probably would of stayed. He can't of been on much more at Palace than he was here. As for Barrett can you really blame the guy? He has a young family, mortgage and bills to pay? Why wouldn't he want to go for money.

So your telling me if your employer paid you late on many occasions and things weren't looking rosie and when another company came knocking with job security and possibly a pay rise and a position higher up you wouldn't take it. **** me we have some intelligent posters this afternoon.

Exactly my thoughts

I dont understand the logic there.

He isnt good enough for the championship so should have set his sights lower?

He has 2 years left to play, surely he should be trying to play at the highest level?

the logic is, no I don't think he is good enough to play in championship meaning I think he will be on the bench all the time hence wasting what time he has left, not sure whats so hard to understand there tbh.

I didn't say I was blaming him.

What a stupid post! He had one season in the Championship before hand, he might look better with good players around him. No spring chicken??? He is 31, he has at least 6 years ahead of him and possibly some of his best to come. A real waste to join a club where he will be playing a higher level of football and get paid on time and probably be on a decent wage. Engage brain before posting.

sorry mate but don't call my posts stupid, coming from someone called john cena a stupid bloody wrestler lol.

several other people have said the same thing. did you call their posts stupid. back off.

Over the course of a season Barrett will get games even if he isnt first choice as Centre Backs will pick up injuries and suspensions over the course of a campaign. I wish him all the best and Palace fans will see a honest and hard working player, even if it doesnt work out I wish him all the best as he deserves all our best wishes

sorry mate but don't call my posts stupid, coming from someone called john cena a stupid bloody wrestler lol.

several other people have said the same thing. did you call their posts stupid. back off.

The whole point of an opinion forum is to post what you think and I think your post is stupid. Yes other people did put that he won't make it in the championship but no one else put that he is 'no spring chicken'. The guy is 31 years old, he has a good 5-9 years ahead of him and could have possibly the best games of his career in that time. To call a 31 year old defender 'no spring chicken' is just stupidity.

As for the personal digs because I like 'John Cena a wrestler' your just being petty and making yourself look more stupid by the fact you have to stoop that low to personal insults. Yes I watch wrestling but so what? I have a 10 year old son who I enjoy watching it with, I don't have a nickname and my wife always refers to me as being similar to John Cena in the way we look and the fact my body is supposedly 'out of proportion' like John Cena's as she says.

That's a very lazy article.
I think you would be hard-pushed to find any true Southend fan without an agenda to be angry/upset at Adam for wanting out, especially after all he's had to go through (or not if you're a certain newbie on here) with that **** Martin...

Maybe we should point the Palarse fans in the direction of this board to see how we actually still think about him?
As I said earlier in this thread, good luck AB.

As for the personal digs because I like 'John Cena a wrestler' your just being petty and making yourself look more stupid by the fact you have to stoop that low to personal insults. Yes I watch wrestling but so what? I have a 10 year old son who I enjoy watching it with, I don't have a nickname and my wife always refers to me as being similar to John Cena in the way we look and the fact my body is supposedly 'out of proportion' like John Cena's as she says.

Cena sucks.

Back