• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

afc telford win again!!!

mark

if any one intrested we played tonite in the 3rd round of the sultana cup.was at home playing a blue square prem team. we won 4-3 thats now 13 games unbeaten. looking forward too saturday. we dont mind if you crush us its the f.a cup and since i joined on here you lot have been very friendly.its a big day for telford win or lose

if any one intrested we played tonite in the 3rd round of the sultana cup.was at home playing a blue square prem team. we won 4-3 thats now 13 games unbeaten. looking forward too saturday. we dont mind if you crush us its the f.a cup and since i joined on here you lot have been very friendly.its a big day for telford win or lose

Is that a currant competition and are you raisin the stakes for Saturday?

Wonder if forshaw will get a look in? He was the only bright spark in what was, lets face it, a rather SENIOR team.

Wonder if forshaw will get a look in? He was the only bright spark in what was, lets face it, a rather SENIOR team.

Did you think? Thought he was very poor to be honest. My biggest worry was that bright spark Herd has terrible concentration, and just switches off every 10 minutes or so, worrying!!

cambridge are 4th in the blue square premier unlike redbridge who play two divsions below telford this could go to a replay me thinks

At any level that is an impressive unbeaten record. Unless we turn up and recognise that this is your cup final, we could be in for a shock, but suspect homework will have been done by our management.

Hope the game lives up to your expectations and may the best team on the day, win.

I know a Cambridge fan who went to the game last night... apparently 4-3 doesn't tell half of the story! Telford should have won something like 5-1!!! Unbeaten at home all season and we have 4 loan players out with no Barney or Freedman and its looking like an extremely difficult afternoon in prospect...

Last edited:
what sort of crowd are you expecting for the game on saturday??
Could be a sellout. Capacity of the New Bucks Head is about 6,000. The Frank Naggington end (The Nag) is certified to about 1,200 although it was originally designed for 1,500. Assuming you fill that plus take some seats in the main stand, I should imagine there will be at least 3,000 home fans, so it will be fairly full.

Could be a sellout. Capacity of the New Bucks Head is about 6,000. The Frank Naggington end (The Nag) is certified to about 1,200 although it was originally designed for 1,500. Assuming you fill that plus take some seats in the main stand, I should imagine there will be at least 3,000 home fans, so it will be fairly full.

You get nearly 2,000 for league games so I would have thought it's a dead cert that you will get at least 3,000 home fans. As for us I would have thought 900 would be a good turnout. Our away support has been a bit down on numbers this season so far, although we took nearly 500 to Bristol Rovers the other week which wasn't bad.

You get nearly 2,000 for league games so I would have thought it's a dead cert that you will get at least 3,000 home fans. As for us I would have thought 900 would be a good turnout. Our away support has been a bit down on numbers this season so far, although we took nearly 500 to Bristol Rovers the other week which wasn't bad.

Attendances are down for us this season (credit crunch?), so it's a difficult one to predict. The fact that the admittance prices are the same as usual may help, plus the FA cup always attract glory hunters. Mrs Wellington Tim and I intend to get there very early (before 2pm) to make sure we get our usual seats.

Back