• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

afc telford win again!!!

win double pity it aint

pity it aint blyth to beat shrewsbury if that came up not only would you be happy but about 4000 bucks fans would through a party. btw dont deer eat shrimp for breakfast?;)

pity it aint blyth to beat shrewsbury if that came up not only would you be happy but about 4000 bucks fans would through a party. btw dont deer eat shrimp for breakfast?;)

1) Only if you fitted one with water wings or provided an inflatable dinghy.
2) Southend = SHRIMPERS, Morecambe = Shrimps.

So unless they're deer with nasty, pointy teeth.....no! :p

lets hope tilly has plans to attack the men from shropshire?

personally hate defensive football as it allows the oppo to bulid attack after attack.

tricky game to predict i reckon a narrow win for the blues or a replay.

Going for an upset. Our defence without Harding is unbalanced and any half decent winger could get past Sanky, the back up in midfield to the missing Sawyer and HRK isnt great. Macca has been bloody awful this season as has Scannell. Up front we are ok, but Telford have nothing to lose and seem to have had 2 or 3 seasons of constant success and a lot of victories, particularly at home. The one good thing is thats its a good ground, a good pitch not some horrible bog where you tend to get cup upsets.

Who knows what might happen... We're all hoping to rejoin (or join as AFC TU!) the legions of the Giant Killers, and we're without doubt on a roll at the moment... saying that no one is under any illusions, you are a full time, league team, we are part time and non-league... whatever happens I hope you enjoy your visit to the New Bucks Head... it's a great ground and we have a good set-up here, everyone involved in the club is first and foremost a fan... expect a good atmosphere and a warm welcome... oh and we need the cash more than you ;) so if you can't see your way to losing then please buy as many programmes, pints and pies as you can :)

club nickname

1) Only if you fitted one with water wings or provided an inflatable dinghy.
2) Southend = SHRIMPERS, Morecambe = Shrimps.

So unless they're deer with nasty, pointy teeth.....no! :p
banal question but how did you get the nickname is it cos shrimpers catch shrimps? touche mk shrimper my mistake.:dizzy:

banal question but how did you get the nickname is it cos shrimpers catch shrimps? touche mk shrimper my mistake.:dizzy:

Yes we are the Shrimpers the catchers of Shrimps.

Quite a few usernames on here are still 'Shrimp' they should all be changed to 'Shrimper'.

Who knows what might happen... We're all hoping to rejoin (or join as AFC TU!) the legions of the Giant Killers, and we're without doubt on a roll at the moment... saying that no one is under any illusions, you are a full time, league team, we are part time and non-league... whatever happens I hope you enjoy your visit to the New Bucks Head... it's a great ground and we have a good set-up here, everyone involved in the club is first and foremost a fan... expect a good atmosphere and a warm welcome... oh and we need the cash more than you ;) so if you can't see your way to losing then please buy as many programmes, pints and pies as you can :)

Nice post mark
how is you'r ground standing up to all the rain we have been having? Is it likely to be called of or not?

Nice post mark
how is you'r ground standing up to all the rain we have been having? Is it likely to be called of or not?
its fine.aint going too be a problem at all.few years ago when the old telford utd played millwall in the fa cup it was called off a few times.but nowt too worry bout the rain.

only got called of cos they had loads of injuries and butch wilkins moaned at the ref. at three o'clock the sun was out and the ground was fine. it was the day scarborough played chelsea at home that pitch was 1000's times worse that day

only got called of cos they had loads of injuries and butch wilkins moaned at the ref. at three o'clock the sun was out and the ground was fine. it was the day scarborough played chelsea at home that pitch was 1000's times worse that day

Must you remind us? :'(

why? aint saying we'd have wone just that ray wilkins is a moany old so and so. OOPs you've got injuries, fear not we were full time then unlike now. our manager that day was mick jones the current assistant boss at crystal palace.

why? aint saying we'd have wone just that ray wilkins is a moany old so and so. OOPs you've got injuries, fear not we were full time then unlike now. our manager that day was mick jones the current assistant boss at crystal palace.

We lost to Scarborough in a replay the round before they faced Chelsea.

its fine.aint going too be a problem at all.few years ago when the old telford utd played millwall in the fa cup it was called off a few times.but nowt too worry bout the rain.

Agreed.... shouldn't be any problem unless we have 48hrs of tropical downpour, looked fine on Tuesday... we had some new drainage laid in the close season and so far this season it has held up to pretty much everything thrown at it... we had a game abandoned but that was due to the severity of the thunderstorm which started about 5mins before kick-off!

looking at the Met Office site... Friday looks fine... then heavy rain showers in the morning passing for the mid afternoon.

I have to say that i'm really looking forward to locking horns with League opposition again(other than Shrewsbury Town in the Shropshire Senior Cup) !!!
I very much doubt that we will be in for anything other than a spirited Home defeat , but ....Its the FA cup and on the Day , almost anything could happen !!
What i would love ,apart from a Home win ....obviously lol , is us to spawn a draw @ NBH ,and travel down to Roots Hall for a replay ,on Tuesday the 18th of November .........and "bag" another ground ....and more (as) importantly a Pin Badge !!!!!
Looking forward to seeing the Nag full , and hope you all travel safely !!!!
Regards Rob.

Back