• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a SHOTS fan and was soo pleased with the resulty on Tuesday. Proved one thing, you shrimpers arent the great mighty boys of DIV2 THAT YU THINK YOU ARE. tHE BEST TEAM ON THE NIGHT WON ANDOLOD MAN sTURROCK WILL AGREE WITH THAT. c

yuou should be so proud of yourself Angel Delight. Bad sportsmanship just because the best team on the night won. Hope you enjoyed your trip home. As a SHOTS FAN, I was so pleased to be able to read about the bad sportsman of Sarfend.

Are you on half term or something or aru at the Roots Hall nursery

This has got to be a wind up surely, or it it the best that the educational system in Harlow can produce?:dim:

Fairplay for coming on here to brag about your victory but quite frankly you shouldn't of bothered. There is no reason to be proud to support Alder****.
A tin pot club with a 3 sided ground and **** floodlights. Your attendances are appaling I cant believe a club like yourselfs can last in league 2.
Unfortunately for you Alder**** are the joke of league 2.

We are the mighty Southend and regardless of the result we are in the top 3 and will again experience something yourselves wont and that is promotion from this league.

But i'm sure we will c your fans in their numbers at the Hall. NOT!!!!!

I am a SHOTS fan and was soo pleased with the resulty on Tuesday. Proved one thing, you shrimpers arent the great mighty boys of DIV2 THAT YU THINK YOU ARE. tHE BEST TEAM ON THE NIGHT WON ANDOLOD MAN sTURROCK WILL AGREE WITH THAT. c

yuou should be so proud of yourself Angel Delight. Bad sportsmanship just because the best team on the night won. Hope you enjoyed your trip home. As a SHOTS FAN, I was so pleased to be able to read about the bad sportsman of Sarfend.

You are indeed correct. The best team on the night did win. However, the best team is rather higher than you in the league.

''And as our second goal hit the back of the Southend net on Tuesday night my thoughts returned to March 1978 and the incident that said so much about the past frailty of our great game…..

But were my feelings of elation coloured with retribution or were they simply an explosion of satisfaction fuelled by the ironic ‘injustice’ of the victory…..

Well I’m sorry Southend, my inner warmth was created by something no more complicated than a 2v0 win for a ‘tin-pot’, small town club in a football match against a pretty useless side from a town where so many aspects of life collide and one that John Betjeman would have described , at best, as ‘interesting’.''

Read more here..... http://ashotfromwales.blogspot.com

''And as our second goal hit the back of the Southend net on Tuesday night my thoughts returned to March 1978 and the incident that said so much about the past frailty of our great game…..

But were my feelings of elation coloured with retribution or were they simply an explosion of satisfaction fuelled by the ironic ‘injustice’ of the victory…..

Well I’m sorry Southend, my inner warmth was created by something no more complicated than a 2v0 win for a ‘tin-pot’, small town club in a football match against a pretty useless side from a town where so many aspects of life collide and one that John Betjeman would have described , at best, as ‘interesting’.''

Read more here..... http://ashotfromwales.blogspot.com
If you're going to cite John Betjeman against us then maybe you'd have done better to check your facts. Betjeman was a great fan of Southend pier and by association, the town. One of our pier trains is named after him because of his support.

I am amazed that so many Aldershot fans should find it necessary to gloat over an uninspiring 2-0 win over a poor Blues side, and every post by these visitors lowers my opinion of them and their club.

I must confess that twice I have posted on opponents forums, once to advise visiting Oldham fans that their was engineering work on the Liv St line if they were coming to Roots Hall, and secondly sharing on the Bristol Rovers site a historical story and newsclip. Both were received well, with no abuse, and I have no regret in posting them. Numerous other clubs have posted very positive and informative items and are well received.

And then there are the Aldershot morons........

Quite right Pete, in fact many opposition supporters add value to the site with their views and opinions, and also information about their club, travel arrangements, watering holes etc. Blimey we even have Spartan to add comedic value.

Is is just me or did anyone else find the irony in the fact that the floodlights on Tuesday were probably the brightest I have ever seen?

So, two months of reading factless rubbish from your supporters how we illegally handed out Shrewsbury tickets, failed to print the ground rules on said tickets, knew about the floodlight problems before kick off, taking us to the small claims court, boycotting the game etc. - generally countless posts on how we are a tinpot club and how easy the win would be for you... And you're surprised you get Shots supporters on here taking the **** out of you?

Then you have the cheek to welcome a Morecambe fan in one thread after the "hope we don't face another season in the same league as Morecambe" comments... As long as he isn't like the idiot fans from Aldershot?

Many of you "don't post on other clubs forums unless it's something useful like directions" - guess what - on other clubs forums, we generally have constructive conversations with supporters who don't chop and change their arguments every five minutes to suit their needs.

I know it's not all of your supporters, but you certainly have an unproportionately large amount of idiots who can't see the wood for the trees, so of course it's fun pointing out that their "high and mighty" views came back to kick them in the teeth.

Even the title of this thread... "Aldersh^t" - really, is that the best you can come up with? It's so 1980's.

Now the argument has turned to "having an off day" - yet on Boxing Day, our "poor day" (okay I admit we were in a poor run) just meant that we were a rubbish side. We may be a small club, but the likes of Bradford, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Swindon etc all of whom ARE big clubs, don't come out with the patronising rubbish many of you have, so they are respected by us.

Anyway, to the genuine supporters among you, I wish you well for the rest of the season, everything is just going over old ground now.

Then you have the cheek to welcome a Morecambe fan in one thread after the "hope we don't face another season in the same league as Morecambe" comments... As long as he isn't like the idiot fans from Aldershot?
In fairness the comment in bold is a tongue-in-cheek reference to an arrogant comment made by our chairman at the beginning of last season, rather than a genuine dig at Morecambe by our fans.

Well the reason we know it's an off day for us is because we've won 10 of our 16 away games this season and were top of the league when we played you. The reason we know you're a rubbish side is because you've only managed 12 wins home or away all season.

We are bigger than you, and always will be. That's not something I like saying, and I wouldn't say it to any other smaller team because it's condescending and arrogant.

But your inability to sufficiently light a football ground for 90 minutes, your overly defensive, mouthy group (would call it a crowd, but...) and your amusement at the injustice that we've clearly been on the wrong end of means I really don't like you, Aldershot, and I look forward immensely to us beating you at the Hall.

OldBlueLady....I'm not sure you can claim Betjeman was a fan of 'all of your town'.....I think he said, 'The Pier is Southend, Southend is the Pier.' To me that would seem to suggest a rather specific 'love'......but of course I could be wrong and you were the better team this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back