• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aldershot won 1 game and are acting like they've won the FA Cup. Yet they say it's us who are positioning Southend as massive. Looks like Aldershot are doing that to me.

I'd also like to add we are 19 points ahead of Aldershot Town. Why they boast is beyond me.

Is is just me or did anyone else find the irony in the fact that the floodlights on Tuesday were probably the brightest I have ever seen?

That's because the old boy pedalling to keep them working had been given a new push-bike to use on Tuesday.

Non-league and still tin-pot.

So, two months of reading factless rubbish from your supporters how we ... knew about the floodlight problems before kick off

If indeed these allegations are untrue can you ask your chairman and manager to stop stating them as facts?

Why the surprise at the gloating of the Aldershot fans?

It's what many fans on here would do to Crawley, Colchester, Orient to name but a few... and sometimes I (and many others I'm sure) feel embarrased at some of the tripe spouted on this board by Southend fans.

I'll bet there isn't one Aldershot fan that would deny that we were a bigger club than them. But they are in our league and, deservedly I have to say, beat us last Tuesday. Man Utd are bigger than us and weren't even in our league when we beat them and we're still gloating now.

The best way of dealing with this is to lick our wounds quietly, acknowledge that the better team won last Tuesday, let them have their moment of glory and then make sure we absolutely take them to pieces at the Hall.

So, two months of reading factless rubbish from your supporters how we illegally handed out Shrewsbury tickets, failed to print the ground rules on said tickets, knew about the floodlight problems before kick off, taking us to the small claims court, boycotting the game etc. - generally countless posts on how we are a tinpot club and how easy the win would be for you... And you're surprised you get Shots supporters on here taking the **** out of you?

Then you have the cheek to welcome a Morecambe fan in one thread after the "hope we don't face another season in the same league as Morecambe" comments... As long as he isn't like the idiot fans from Aldershot?

Many of you "don't post on other clubs forums unless it's something useful like directions" - guess what - on other clubs forums, we generally have constructive conversations with supporters who don't chop and change their arguments every five minutes to suit their needs.

I know it's not all of your supporters, but you certainly have an unproportionately large amount of idiots who can't see the wood for the trees, so of course it's fun pointing out that their "high and mighty" views came back to kick them in the teeth.

Even the title of this thread... "Aldersh^t" - really, is that the best you can come up with? It's so 1980's.

Now the argument has turned to "having an off day" - yet on Boxing Day, our "poor day" (okay I admit we were in a poor run) just meant that we were a rubbish side. We may be a small club, but the likes of Bradford, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Swindon etc all of whom ARE big clubs, don't come out with the patronising rubbish many of you have, so they are respected by us.

Anyway, to the genuine supporters among you, I wish you well for the rest of the season, everything is just going over old ground now.

Some fair points well made. But how do you think Bradford fans for example, would have reacted if they travelled 4 hours for a game abandoned at half time due to an issue with the oppositions facilities? Especially if they were looking like near certs to win the game. Oh then they don't get given their money back for a service they paid for but didn't receive? I'm sure they would be delighted and would post on their OWN message boards what a cracking club aldershot is?

I think the aldershot fans on here should have expected this kind of anti aldershot comment and are naive, at best, if they didn't. And to compare the Southend fans on a level playing field to the other clubs mentioned is unfair

''And as our second goal hit the back of the Southend net on Tuesday night my thoughts returned to March 1978 and the incident that said so much about the past frailty of our great game…..

But were my feelings of elation coloured with retribution or were they simply an explosion of satisfaction fuelled by the ironic ‘injustice’ of the victory…..

Well I’m sorry Southend, my inner warmth was created by something no more complicated than a 2v0 win for a ‘tin-pot’, small town club in a football match against a pretty useless side from a town where so many aspects of life collide and one that John Betjeman would have described , at best, as ‘interesting’.''

Read more here..... http://ashotfromwales.blogspot.com

Christ, you're a boring ****

So, two months of reading factless rubbish from your supporters how we illegally handed out Shrewsbury tickets, failed to print the ground rules on said tickets, knew about the floodlight problems before kick off, taking us to the small claims court, boycotting the game etc. - generally countless posts on how we are a tinpot club and how easy the win would be for you... And you're surprised you get Shots supporters on here taking the **** out of you?

Then you have the cheek to welcome a Morecambe fan in one thread after the "hope we don't face another season in the same league as Morecambe" comments... As long as he isn't like the idiot fans from Aldershot?

Many of you "don't post on other clubs forums unless it's something useful like directions" - guess what - on other clubs forums, we generally have constructive conversations with supporters who don't chop and change their arguments every five minutes to suit their needs.

I know it's not all of your supporters, but you certainly have an unproportionately large amount of idiots who can't see the wood for the trees, so of course it's fun pointing out that their "high and mighty" views came back to kick them in the teeth.

Even the title of this thread... "Aldersh^t" - really, is that the best you can come up with? It's so 1980's.

Now the argument has turned to "having an off day" - yet on Boxing Day, our "poor day" (okay I admit we were in a poor run) just meant that we were a rubbish side. We may be a small club, but the likes of Bradford, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Swindon etc all of whom ARE big clubs, don't come out with the patronising rubbish many of you have, so they are respected by us.

Anyway, to the genuine supporters among you, I wish you well for the rest of the season, everything is just going over old ground now.

F*** me, you're more boring than the other ****

Aldershot

If Aldershot are so bad why did they totally outplay us on Tuesday? Look they are a good side and we dont give them credit for that.

Welcome to the Zone JShrimper but please see the other thread. The thread is locked as the topic has been done to death now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back