• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think you've forgotten what you said:

If you haven't seen him you don't know. It might turn out that you're right, but it seems unfair to assume he hasn't changed in over a year.

How is it unfair? Dartford got rid of him and he went to a league below! Obviously proving my point that he is too lightweight for league two.

Classic youth teamer leaving and everyone thinking he was the next Gerrard (who is also over rated). Was average at best and lightweight. Saw him last year for Concord and whilst he's filled out a bit since, did nothing to make me think we made a mistake lettting him go. He'll go on to make a decent career at Conference level IMO. I highly doubt League 2 but in fairness, there are others at that level that surprise me as well so wouldn't be shocked to see him play a few years at that level before dropping back down.

How is it unfair? Dartford got rid of him and he went to a league below! Obviously proving my point that he is too lightweight for league two.

It's unfair because you admit you haven't seen him play for a very long time.

It's unfair because you admit you haven't seen him play for a very long time.

You don't always have to see a player, you can get a lot from match reports and info on supporters forums.

You don't always have to see a player, you can get a lot from match reports and info on supporters forums.

I'd be very surprised if any match reports mention whether or not he's filled out at all since his last match.

For anyone suggesting Alex was essentially 'released' by Dartford, I believe he was offered a contract but opted to sign for Concord.

You don't play that many games in a season if you're surplus to requirements.

Why? I don't know. What I do know is Concord is a great club [albeit a small club] and their team spirit is unbelievable and reason to why he opted to sign for Concord.

He always worked hard and if he has improved his game deserves another chance. The complete opposite of Ferdinand.

Saw him play for Concord a few times last season and he was always one of their better players but didn't really look as if he would be anything special at Football League level.

Saw him play for Concord a few times last season and he was always one of their better players but didn't really look as if he would be anything special at Football League level.

yes,having seen him quite a few times for Concord in Conf.South and also for us in League 2,I think he would be a good player between the 2 levels ie Conference .Last I heard he was having trials at Orient.

Should be trialling for Orient at Braintree tonight. He has a contract offer from Braintree which will be signed if Orient don't offer him anything.

Heard he had a very good game last night. Also heard that Col Ewe are sniffing around him.

Always liked Woodyard, but I think he'll be best off signing for Braintree, having a strong season there with regular football and then assessing his options. Don't see him breaking into Orient or Col Ewe's team and he needs football at this age.

Heard he had a very good game last night. Also heard that Col Ewe are sniffing around him.

Always liked Woodyard, but I think he'll be best off signing for Braintree, having a strong season there with regular football and then assessing his options. Don't see him breaking into Orient or Col Ewe's team and he needs football at his age.

I agree with all of that but a 2 year contract, say, at Col U or Orient would probably provide him with a much better financial position with the opportunity to fight for a place in the first team. Tricky decisions. :unsure:

I agree with all of that but a 2 year contract, say, at Col U or Orient would probably provide him with a much better financial position with the opportunity to fight for a place in the first team. Tricky decisions. :unsure:

You're not wrong. It might be good business for Orient or Col Ewe to get him in on a two year deal and then loan him out to Braintree. Sounds like this could be a breakthrough season for him if he does well at Conference level, so a season long loan to Braintree could see Orient/Ewes get a very decent player back in a year's time.

Shame he's not younger otherwise we could have signed him up for our all new, all singing, all dancing under-21 team!

Think we had to move him on to allow Jack Payne to progress. Decent player at the time for us but think we to let him go at the time as he wasn't pushing for the first team despite our woeful midfield at the time.

Back