• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agreed by the club .her record label have no say .it just comes under performing rights that are paid for every song played to the public.

So if the record label were to agree that it could be played would the Performing rights fee not need to be paid the club?

Or is it a one of payment to the PRS covering all songs that are played at the Hall??

So if the record label were to agree that it could be played would the Performing rights fee not need to be paid the club?

Or is it a one of payment to the PRS covering all songs that are played at the Hall??

From my Knowledge on such things the club pay a yearly performing rights figure that covers all songs ...I am sure Matt would be able to define this better...

From my Knowledge on such things the club pay a yearly performing rights figure that covers all songs ...I am sure Matt would be able to define this better...

Just thinking out loud that was all.....

Just got back from seeing Alison at The Cliffs, fantastic! And she sang Blue, at the request of the few vocal Shrimpers in the crowd.

Surely the club have got to get to sing on the opening day of the new ground.

Can't wait for the Yazoo reunion in June!

Just got back from seeing Alison at The Cliffs, fantastic! And she sang Blue, at the request of the few vocal Shrimpers in the crowd.

Saw her in York a few weeks ago.....no chance of getting Blue sung....but she was amzing

What did she say if anything about the Shrimpers? Did the crowd join in when she did 'Blue'?

Bet it was good - she was top stuff at Ipsh*te on Saturday and although I got a dedication from her and a mention of SUFC in front of the Tractor Boys she declined our request for Blue. The locals I suppose might have thought it wa about them though as it follows SUFC winning away ('three points and the living's easy") the locals will not have related to that feeling much of late:)

Lets hope we at least get the song played (in full) over the tannot pre match on Sat (and every match thereafter).

theres only 1 alison moyet

what a voice what a lady, many many shrimpers in attendance, some wearing scarfs "Blue" brought house down, talked about the shrimpers bar, regretting ever leaving the area, "sang out" c c csiders, "blue army" ooh my god
the young lady is a legend, I recommmend you go out and buy "the turn"
beats all the drug induced heavy metal

what a voice what a lady, many many shrimpers in attendance, some wearing scarfs "Blue" brought house down, talked about the shrimpers bar, regretting ever leaving the area, "sang out" c c csiders, "blue army" ooh my god
the young lady is a legend, I recommmend you go out and buy "the turn"
beats all the drug induced heavy metal

Brought it yesterday mate

STUNNING

Anyone else notice they played her "Blue" before the start of the game yesterday? Not enough true Blue fans there to give it the recognition it deserved but still sounded great!

Anyone else notice they played her "Blue" before the start of the game yesterday? Not enough true Blue fans there to give it the recognition it deserved but still sounded great!

The ever youthful Mr Cricko did as he was standing talking to me when they played it.

It wasnt as clear as some of the songs for some reason. Didnt seem as loud although I was prob deafened by the volume from the guy from Essex FM earlier....:p

I noticed it but unfortunately made myself appear to be some weirdo by being the only one to belt out all the words out of everyone in the south upper.

Yep, Blue woz played but oddly at a lower volume.

Not all know about it being our song - an item in the prog about it wouldn't go amiss (the prog is very tired this year, two pages of Tilly saying nothing and then two pages of Kev saying exactly the same in a different order, too may pages dedicated to the oppo team and more than warranted spent on the yoofs). I think the prog editor has run out of ideas. Well, some stuff of Ali and 'Blue' is one idea Mr Editor. Needs some more stuff on the fans too - they did something last year (including re me!) and I'm sure TBV crew would welcome features on them.

Wrote to Uncle Ron last week about getting Ali to sing for us pre-match, he passed it to Geoff King to reply who basically said they'd tried loads of times and got no where.

Anyway, the Club should stick at it and keep playing Blue over the tannoy at least pre-match....at decent volume.

Would be a challenge for the Blue Belles to dance to it!

Another Northern Sky and all that.

Got to say it was great to hear and long may it continue. A piece in the programme is a superb idea, im sure there are a lot of people who have no idea that its about us

Got to say it was great to hear and long may it continue. A piece in the programme is a superb idea, im sure there are a lot of people who have no idea that its about us

Agreed, and print the words too! If we had a vid screen then that whole YouTube montage could be played too!

We have at least two "famous" supporters in Alison and Terry Alderton, we should try and get them involved more.

Back