• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All is not lost

Another thing;

Thinking about the Sunderland game, maybe their fate will already be decided? Will that help or hinder us?

Sunderland are 2 points behind Barnsley with a game in hand. Their next 2 are against Peterborough (Away) and Pompey (H) - we really need them to draw both and they probably won’t be able to catch Barnsley (who have 3 relatively easy games) or Luton (who are 7 points clear of Sunderland) by the time we play them.

So many connotations to think about!

Another thing;

Thinking about the Sunderland game, maybe their fate will already be decided? Will that help or hinder us?

Sunderland are 2 points behind Barnsley with a game in hand. Their next 2 are against Peterborough (Away) and Pompey (H) - we really need them to draw both and they probably won’t be able to catch Barnsley (who have 3 relatively easy games) or Luton (who are 7 points clear of Sunderland) by the time we play them.

So many connotations to think about!
Stop worrying about it then mate. Whatever will be will be, we're Southend, remember, it's what we do! Relegated or staying up, those Northern monkeys deserve a good thwacking when then visit and we are just the team to do it. (Optimist mode).

Stop worrying about it then mate. Whatever will be will be, we're Southend, remember, it's what we do! Relegated or staying up, those Northern monkeys deserve a good thwacking when then visit and we are just the team to do it. (Optimist mode).
Hopefully we will get a ‘homer’ ref like they did in the game up there :-)

Yeah, I know what you’re saying, need to stop worrying, anyway current priority is what to do with the wasps nest we have in one of our air bricks...

Hopefully we will get a ‘homer’ ref like they did in the game up there :-)

Yeah, I know what you’re saying, need to stop worrying, anyway current priority is what to do with the wasps nest we have in one of our air bricks...
That's grim, and on B/H. When we had one I naively tried the council and was greeted with Foxtrot Oscar from them directly. They did point me to here though:

https://bpca.org.uk/

A win at last. Things just got very interesting and this thread much more relevant. Well done for working out who was playing who.

Funnily, it's even worse now. Before today, I couldn't see where the next three points were coming from, so it was little point looking at the other teams around us. Now, that's all changed and my head is spinning with all the permutations possible from other sides results. Do I want Rochdale to win, thus making them virtually and thus not being quite such a crunch game for them next Saturday? I'm pretty sure I want Walsall to beat Wycombe..........although it's probably unlikely. Plymouth three down at half-time and Charlton mustn't trip up against Scunny. It looks quite likely that, by the end of the afternoon, our fate will be back in our hands.

Funnily, it's even worse now. Before today, I couldn't see where the next three points were coming from, so it was little point looking at the other teams around us. Now, that's all changed and my head is spinning with all the permutations possible from other sides results. Do I want Rochdale to win, thus making them virtually and thus not being quite such a crunch game for them next Saturday? I'm pretty sure I want Walsall to beat Wycombe..........although it's probably unlikely. Plymouth three down at half-time and Charlton mustn't trip up against Scunny. It looks quite likely that, by the end of the afternoon, our fate will be back in our hands.

Trust me, you want Rochdale to lose. They will be going for the win against us in all scenario's. It's only their last game that if safe, they can take easy.

Why the pessimism? The BBC Sport gives Southend in 19th place with 47 points and the best goal difference, win the last two and they safe. The incentive is there. First win since January and relegation still in their hands, do you really think it is possible for them will go down?

with Plymouth playing Scunny on the last day If we get anything at Rochdale, (personally I think we will win), then we should have it all in our hands going into the last game against a tense and nervy Sunderland team, step up Elvis to bang in a goal into the top corner on the counter in the 89th minute, the place goes mental

Why the pessimism? The BBC Sport gives Southend in 19th place with 47 points and the best goal difference, win the last two and they safe. The incentive is there. First win since January and relegation still in their hands, do you really think it is possible for them will go down?

Before this game we were average 4/9 odds on to go down with the bookies. Now we are 5/4 against. So yes, it's in our hands, but we have 2 tough remaining games. It can go either way. If Sunderland are in the play-offs when they play us and not still in with a chance of automatics, then that could make a massive difference. Could possibly rest their whole first team. 3 points at Rochdale is massive, as we can't rely on that just yet.

with Plymouth playing Scunny on the last day If we get anything at Rochdale, (personally I think we will win), then we should have it all in our hands going into the last game against a tense and nervy Sunderland team, step up Elvis to bang in a goal into the top corner on the counter in the 89th minute, the place goes mental

If we do win at Rochdale, and Wimbledon lose at Luton tomorrow, then the last day will be a dead rubber for us.

Back