• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Haven't had a chance to air my views about last night.

I know people on here hate it when anybody has an even remotely negative opinion, but last night will go down as a very very low stage of my Southend United supporting history, be it all a short one of 7 years.

The team looked completely made up to players who had no communication, team work or understanding of what was going on around them. There was endless times when we had a player lost in space, with nobody supporting the man with the ball. When we finally did make a good move there was nobody to finish it with Barnard not able to convert two good chances, one being the Adam Barrett header and the other the Francis low ball.

Add the fact we didn't look like scoring (apart from when we did from a loanee midfielder!) with the fact that the current team just cannot defend. Mildenhall so far looks very poor, and whilst I don't condone the chants directed at him, his handling and kick was very very poor all night. As for the goals he didn't get near any of them. Having said all this, goalkeepers thrive on confidence and it will do no good to do such chants.

Francis looks good going forward, but was caught out of position, as was Adam who has to take fault for the first goal I think it was where he ran the whole pitch only to leave the defence undermanned.

Peter Clarke should have been sold! His heart just doesn't look in it. Then again, who would want to buy him. His useless.

Sankofa did nothing of note, but being part of a defence that conceeded 4 goals at home is just not good enough!

Although you can't just blame the defence, the cover from midfield was very very poor. How we miss Macca and Bailey (I know I shouldn't go on about Bailey, but why oh why didn't we just pay his fricking wages, his worth more than the rest of the midfields wages put together). Both M and B could break up the attacks and give good cover for the defence. Grant, Sawyer, Betsy, HRK, Frenchy all failed to give sufficient cover. Ok they broke up a few attacks, but we let in four goals. 3 coming from giving Orients midfield too much space on the ball and allowing them to do as they pleased.

Last night was not good, but unless we change it radically for the weekend we are going to get smashed.

Team for Saturday:

Mildenhall
Francis Clarke Barrett Harding
Betsy Grant Sawyer HRK
Dougie
Barnard

With Betsy and HRK pushing up in support.

This team needs- Confidence, defensive cover from midfield, a stronger central midfield partnership, improved defenders, supply for Barney,

to have any chance of success this year.

Bit of a rant I know without too many positives, but hopefully Tilly and Brush (who I have full faith in) can show some good management in turning it around.

Up the Blues as always.

MtB. (MaccaTheBlue!) :)

You say supply for Barnard but you also say he missed two sitters, things just aren't going in for him at the moment, he needs to start scoring more soon.
Agree it needs to change too.

sad to say it but the majority of the team last night didn't really give a toss. some players did not want to be there you can tell by the way they conducted themselevs during the game. should be gratefull to play for a prestigious team like the mighty shrimpers!

Back