• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Any Questions?

Stan, a very different question to the others. I have a relative who has suffered from depression for over 25 years. He has been in hospital with it and continues to suffer from it but lives a normal life due to medication.

How is your depression? Was your depression a one off or do you suffer from it long term and have to take medication? When you came out as suffering 25 years ago it did an incredible amount for people who have this dreadful condition and it still continues to make a difference.

Firstly, thanks stan for coming on here and offering help...... this club is mess from top to bottom. Bad manager appointments, constant winding up petitions and shocking recruitment has lead us to this shocking position where sufc finds itself. I hope Ron finally listens and accepts the help your offering. If he doesn't, he more of idiot than I thought. Surely things can only better from now.

Stan, given that you are a bit of a maverick and ron is, well, ron. Do you see yourself in an official capacity within the club or more as a special advisor? Bearing in mind if you did have an official role certain things wont always go your way? Would you be happy to help and advise from the outside looking in? As we do desperately need help, and i hope you are the one to give it to us.
Hi Strykr

I would like an official role at Southend United commensurate with what I deliver.

The club knkw who my contacts are and how quickly I can deliver and facilitate so I'd expect that to be recognised.

Not interested in being a club ambassador.
Not interested in "I give you all I've got and you give me thanks in a club statement "

I'm a sports industry pro who's only offered 3 clubs support, and only 3 clubs because I have zero interest in being in the circuit. My life is happy, stable and peaceful, so with the greatest respect, being here answering questions rather than being with family isn't going down well downstairs ?

But I love this club. I believe in it and believe in its future.

So I must exhaust every opportunity to offer help.

I don't care what the title is, let me get into the Hall and start to make things happen.

Hi Stan,

So glad to see your energy in the club. In my opinion it needs staff need gutting and a review from top to bottom, as people at the club clearly have not been earning their wages. There also seems to have been a lack of accountability from many particularly those in the background ie not Brown.

if you don’t mind I have a couple of questions

1) Do you still think we should focus on the new stadium moving forward alongside trying improve the squad.

2) Do you think the current squad is good enough to stay up?
3) what you ambitions for this season

I messaged you on twitter after you walked away on the summer, asking you to stay involved. I ask you this time to please stay and help, hold those accountable and lets turn this club around.

UTB

Hi Stan,

So glad to see you back involved.

1. You got the CEO spot on, so impressed with Tom so far.
2. Looking forward to your recommendations for new manager.
3. Just been cheering myself up watching England beat Andorra, we need a creative midfielder, any chance you can get us Jack Grealish ?

Oh Stanley Stanley...Stanley Stanley Collymore
Guess who mentors him...

Attachments

• 5BCB951C-F789-4C4F-8BF6-D55C46D219FC.jpeg
    5BCB951C-F789-4C4F-8BF6-D55C46D219FC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
@StanleyVictorCollymore whats the immediate 'next step'. Have you agreed with Ron to meet in next 24-48 hours to formulate anything concrete?

Also, cheeky one, how much did your actions today (the call to Ron, the radio interview) facilitate Browns removal (thanks if it was you BTW! ?)

@StanleyVictorCollymore whats the immediate 'next step'. Have you agreed with Ron to meet in next 24-48 hours to formulate anything concrete?

Also, cheeky one, how much did your actions today (the call to Ron, the radio interview) facilitate Browns removal (thanks if it was you BTW! ?)
I'm speaking to Ron in the morning.

When I spoke to Ron today he asked what I would do ( he didn't intimate anything to me regarding keeping or sacking anyone).

I said Brown, Fagan, Duncan, Robinson should all be sacked. Immediately.

When I spoke to Ron today he asked what I would do ( he didn't intimate anything to me regarding keeping or sacking anyone).

Please urge him to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch. It needs a blank canvas.

Any idea why he’s only sacked the two? ?
If the others go they will go with much less fanfare. Sacking the manager, assistant manager, director of football, and scout, half hour after a game would more then likely hit the backpages, more bad publicity.

good luck tomorrow stan, firmly stand behind you. Please push for a clean slate and sacking of all those you stated, it needs to be done ?

Stan, a very different question to the others. I have a relative who has suffered from depression for over 25 years. He has been in hospital with it and continues to suffer from it but lives a normal life due to medication.

How is your depression? Was your depression a one off or do you suffer from it long term and have to take medication? When you came out as suffering 25 years ago it did an incredible amount for people who have this dreadful condition and it still continues to make a difference.
DM me on Instagram. I'd be happy to help pal.

Hi Stan, what style of play and type of manager would you actually like to see at the club? The last few years have been so bleak I think we just want a side that competes and doesn’t just roll over. But what formula do you think is the right style to achieve this at this level?

Please stay away. We are already ****ed. We don't need you screwing things up even further.
Rubbish post, if we’re already ‘****ed’, what’s the harm in trying? Evidently the vast majority on here are glad about Stan’s potential involvement. Do us a favour and come up with something constructive or better than what Stan’s proposing, I suspect we’ll be waiting a very long time…

Absolutely not!

I'm fully aware who I'm dealing with.
Well done Stan.
Horses for courses, your talents lie else where in helping OUR SUFC get out of this predicament.

Ignore some of the negative remarks that may appear on hear, a vast majority of the support want you with us.

Those that shout the loudest get heard the most, and that seems to be persons with a negative demeaner.

Don’t let us down Stan, stand beside us for the battle of OUR SUFC.

Back