• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

anyone tried karting?

graysblue

Banned
been to rayliegh karting plenty of times,once posted 5th fastest time during that particular week.

anyone that has been here know top speed is 45mph.

few weeks ago i had a go on a 3 speed twin engined thing around tilbury track,this machine had a top speed of 75mph and blooming ada seemed as though you were doing 200mph.

anyway i still think i can drive at speed,imagine how gutted i was to discover my best lap was 4 seconds of standard lap time.

it was fun i tell thee.

only posted because like others i am damn bored.

get beaten by any foreign drivers? ;)

funny you should mention that,some dude roared past me and back in the pits it turned out to be an asian guy who not only was quick but a nice geezer as well.

the guy who allowed me to try his kart spends big money on competing.

his times were 5/6 seconds quicker than me,both he and the asian lad explained i was entering the corners too fast thus the rear was getting out of shape hence time lost.

would love to have a crack at competing but would not fancy funding it.

I think an SZ karting session needs to be organised!!

I think an SZ karting session needs to be organised!!

no idea if you lads have tried this before,the rayliegh track offers "grand prix event" up to 16 drivers,each driver gets at least 7 races during the heats with te final being the fastest drivers.

cost £30 per driver and is blinding fun.

no idea if you lads have tried this before,the rayliegh track offers "grand prix event" up to 16 drivers,each driver gets at least 7 races during the heats with te final being the fastest drivers.

Sounds like a spanking idea and I would definatly be up for it.

Did that for mate's stag night. Had a lovely crash where I did a 360 spin and lost all sense of direction!

Did that for mate's stag night. Had a lovely crash where I did a 360 spin and lost all sense of direction!

had a few myself,

flat out down the back straight and was forced into the tyre wall,hit them at around 35mph and jesus was it painful.

rob,

the endurance event is called "ironman" trust me its bloody hard graft doing 30 laps straight off.

how long did each driver actually do ie my 50 laps took approx 30 minutes and that was tough.

They did 1,704 laps - 2056.7km. so assuming they all did an equal stint that would be 426 laps - 512 km (318 Miles) each

My Mum rang last night and said its in the latest guiness book of records too.

They did 1,704 laps - 2056.7km. so assuming they all did an equal stint that would be 426 laps - 512 km (318 Miles) each

My Mum rang last night and said its in the latest guiness book of records too.

those stats are incredible,how long did they spend in the kart per attempt?

Back