• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

anyone tried karting?

My wife bought me a track day at Brands Hatch in some kind of single seater. I posted the second fastest time of the day even though the rev limiter on my car was set at 3800rpm instead of 4000rpm as it was on the other cars. I couldn't compare with other days because the day I went it chucked it down. I couldn't see past the front of the car because of the spray from other cars.

I once sent the back end of a kart so close to the tyre wall that I almost gave my then head of year a heart attack. The only other time I drove a car-type thing, it was a quad bike. I went way too fast into a hairpin, and ended up putting it on it's side (black flagging the race too).

as mentioned Buckmore park, and you can get to go on the proper high revving race karts, no automatic clutch tho so if you spin it you will need a bump start, and if you drive it like a pussy if wil start huffing and puffing.. .. But its expensive there and tricky to get booked.. Lakeside has a track much more fun than Rayleighs.. Make sure the whole track is open.. Their is one in Brentwood I think (owned by some people as the Lakeside one when I last looked) which is quite good..
Endurance racing is boring after about 5 laps, Organise a day with some mates where they set up a few short races for you and some qualifying.. Far more fun

as mentioned Buckmore park, and you can get to go on the proper high revving race karts, no automatic clutch tho so if you spin it you will need a bump start, and if you drive it like a pussy if wil start huffing and puffing.. .. But its expensive there and tricky to get booked.. Lakeside has a track much more fun than Rayleighs.. Make sure the whole track is open.. Their is one in Brentwood I think (owned by some people as the Lakeside one when I last looked) which is quite good..
Endurance racing is boring after about 5 laps, Organise a day with some mates where they set up a few short races for you and some qualifying.. Far more fun

the lakeside track is decent fun but bloody expensive,last there around 18 months ago and cost £20 for 10 minutes racing...................ouch.

I once sent the back end of a kart so close to the tyre wall that I almost gave my then head of year a heart attack. The only other time I drove a car-type thing, it was a quad bike. I went way too fast into a hairpin, and ended up putting it on it's side (black flagging the race too).

I watched my brother race one weekend, he had an "altercation" with another driver which left the other chap with a tyre mark across the top of his crash helmet.

Back