• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assault in Croydon

My girlfriend lives in South Norwood and there are plenty of black people around there who rightfully identify as being British with British values. The issue with Croydon and surrounding areas is that it has a very high amount of immigrants and asylum seekers as the IASS is there. Speaking to my other halfs family who live around there it seems like there is friction between a lot of the community of Caribbean origin and SOME of these ethnic groups seeking asylum/immigration. Some don't respect British values and some are just racist towards black people. Would think this isn't the last we hear of troubles in that area.

Well if this story is anything to go by then maybe not? How can you hit someone 3 times in the head with a bike lock (twice when the victim was on the floor) and not even get charged with murder? Sickening... where is the justice in that!?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/03/decor...g-czech-man-months-after-brexit-vote-6551674/
I always say the the jury hear the full story and readers of newspapers get a bit of a story, but going just on what is written in that link that to me is murder, and those arrested in the Croydon case sound like they have engaged in attempted murder rather than the violent disorder they have currently been charged with.

Ha! While it's true my record on SZ might not be a shinning example, I can assure you that in my personal and professional life I've learnt that it pays to apologise when necessary.

More pertinently,I notice that you, (and others), are now trying actively to take this thread off topic.Don't, it's too important for petty,personal abuse.

Oh God, tangers trying to be honest and sincere do me a favour.:sick:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...harities-report-growing-number-of-hate-crimes

It seems that Asylum seekers are not welcome in Croydon because of the proximy of Lunar house there,"the government office where people must go to claim asylum."

“The environment has changed. People with rightwing views think it is OK to insult asylum seekers. There are a lot of good people in the UK but the mood is changing."

“The environment has changed. People with rightwing views think it is OK to insult asylum seekers. There are a lot of good people in the UK but the mood is changing."

One in particular (who oddly is an immigrant himself) thinks it's ok to be publically racist on a forum that is for a football team where we've had a wealth of much loved players who just happen to be black, but no doubt he'll be back with his tail between his legs until he crosses that line.....again.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...harities-report-growing-number-of-hate-crimes

It seems that Asylum seekers are not welcome in Croydon because of the proximy of Lunar house there,"the government office where people must go to claim asylum."

What is this "environment change" being attributed to though? Is the suggestion that rightwing racism, such as White Supremacy, is on the rise? Or is it because in Croydon, you'll find thousands upon thousands of non-Brits, ranging over 50 different nationalities, who refuse to integrate & respect each other's cultures?

And this isn't exclusive to Croydon. I dont know how much time you've spent recently in Camberwell, New Cross, Deptford, Peckham or Bermondsey, but I've spent years there, and I can safely say, that the racial tension between so-called minority groups, is palpable. You've got Eastern Europeans disliking Black people, black people disliking Asians, and Asians dislike fellow Asians.

Of course, I haven't got any wonderful reports from the Guardian to back this up, so I'm sure it'll be passed off as anecdotal evidence (which incidentally, is commandment number three, in the lefties handbook to shutting down conversation)

What is this "environment change" being attributed to though? Is the suggestion that rightwing racism, such as White Supremacy, is on the rise? Or is it because in Croydon, you'll find thousands upon thousands of non-Brits, ranging over 50 different nationalities, who refuse to integrate & respect each other's cultures?

And this isn't exclusive to Croydon. I dont know how much time you've spent recently in Camberwell, New Cross, Deptford, Peckham or Bermondsey, but I've spent years there, and I can safely say, that the racial tension between so-called minority groups, is palpable. You've got Eastern Europeans disliking Black people, black people disliking Asians, and Asians dislike fellow Asians.

Of course, I haven't got any wonderful reports from the Guardian to back this up, so I'm sure it'll be passed off as anecdotal evidence (which incidentally, is commandment number three, in the lefties handbook to shutting down conversation)

I live between New Cross and Deptford.

Haven't been aware of any of this 'palpable' racial tension.

I live between New Cross and Deptford.

Haven't been aware of any of this 'palpable' racial tension.

I used to live in Lewisham.Granted it was in the late 70's/early 80's.Certainly not much "papable racial tension" back then.:cricko:

This story has become odder and odder.

First reports suggested around 8 were involved,which quickly became 11,now they are still looking for another THIRTY!

The guy beaten has gone from one injury to another injury.

smellarat.

You should see what they've done to the Loampit Vale roundabout

Now if you'd said there was palpable tension surrounding that, I'd have been on board.

I'm not quite sure Lewisham needed another three luxury flat high rises. Could probably have done with filling the other 27 first.

I spend most weekends in South Norwood and surrounding areas, Croydon, Thornton Heath, Selhurst, Crystal Palace etc. You are right there are a number of immigrants/Asylum seekers that have come from a culture where black people are considered second class citizens. Racial tension is there. I haven't seen any evidence of the other tensions you mention but hey that's just me, you obviously have.

When I was a college in Newham in the late 80's the different cliques of black & Asian were definitely noticeable, and that even went as far as the Sikhs & Hindus vs Muslims.

Even where I live the Bangladeshi & Pakistani communities dislike each other, to the fact that one family waged war or another and a son was viciously killed.

But then again I've been a multi-ethnic functions where people get on and treat other with respect, so you know, it could just be (young) people being dicks and wallowing in (what should be) long forgotten history.

Back