• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assault in Croydon

Indian castes are purely Hindu.

The British Empire had a very dark and grim past - the British Raj was certainly nothing to be proud of, and when we left, we left a country divided and at war - which still exists today over Kashmir.

But we gave them cricket & the railway, so that's ok.

They gave us curry....fair swap IMO.

As well as Spain,they had a ball in south America.

There is an official league of Empires based on how the locals were treated and whether their lives improved etc. Britain are top which is why those countries were more successful. France and Holland are up near the top but bottom is Belgium and Germany 2nd from bottom.

There is an official league of Empires based on how the locals were treated and whether their lives improved etc. Britain are top which is why those countries were more successful. France and Holland are up near the top but bottom is Belgium and Germany 2nd from bottom.

That sounds interesting , do you have a link please.

No,

Bloke is severely beaten..bruises would be appearing all over him,doc's stated he had fractured skull and blood clot,today they added broken back and other stuff.

Reminds of the female doc bring interviewed after the bridge "attack" still wearing her bloodied gloves and giving odd answers to the questions....just saying.

not sure what you are saying - are you saying he is more or less injured than the reports? what do you say the physical damage is?

For a start the caste system is not purely for Hindus...

We didn't just leave in 1947 India wanted independence, I'm sure you have heard of Ghandi. Britain was bankrupt as we had just had WW2 and we had paid a huge price in blood to save Asia from Japan.....You know the ones who wanted to conquer the whole of India and enslave every religion and work them to death.....Apart from the good looking women who would have served as 'comfort girls' because as you know genocide is stressful work.

We had neither the money or the political will to keep warring Muslims and Sikhs apart so Lord Mountbatten drew up a hasty border and invented Pakistan. So out comes leftie commandment number 4..... Blame the British Empire for any violence around the world.....The Arabs are still blaming us for doing similar after WW1....That's right if I kidnap and rape an 8 year old girl and drill wholes through her 10 year brothers knees its all because of the British.

Apart from giving India the railways and cricket we also banned the practice of Sati (women were expected to throw themselves on the husbands funeral pyre)....Now I know that will make you so proud to be British because you are a champion for women's rights.....Unless an asylum seeker commits a sexual assault that is.
my match reports used to have limited used of paragraphs and spacing and it was suggested I change that to make them easier to read so I made the changes.
What you have written above is fine with paragraphs and spacing but I would suggest you write it in a way that removes the implication that you despise the reader of your words - I feel that would make your writing easier to read and absorb. Just a suggestion obviously.

my match reports used to have limited used of paragraphs and spacing and it was suggested I change that to make them easier to read so I made the changes.
What you have written above is fine with paragraphs and spacing but I would suggest you write it in a way that removes the implication that you despise the reader of your words - I feel that would make your writing easier to read and absorb. Just a suggestion obviously.

Leftie commandment number 1....Always portray an air of superiority with your answer especially if you aren't really answering at all. If need be, drop in your education history and any qualifications. That should silence any debate from the uneducated masses

not sure what you are saying - are you saying he is more or less injured than the reports? what do you say the physical damage is?

All i know is 3 guys waiting at the bus stop..one of them is beaten !

The media instantly report it as a hate crime...the guy beaten could have been attacked for many reasons !

Sorry I haven't read his medical reports,so cannot guide you further.

Leftie commandment number 1....Always portray an air of superiority with your answer especially if you aren't really answering at all. If need be, drop in your education history and any qualifications. That should silence any debate from the uneducated masses
I had to be told to use paragraphs and you already knew how to use them - how is me pointing that out making me seem educationally superior

Kents Hill
Appleton
SEEVIC (one D, one E, 3 N's - after retakes)
Kingston Poly - History 2:2 (after being kicked off a B'Ed)

cower at my intellectual superiority!

All i know is 3 guys waiting at the bus stop..one of them is beaten !

The media instantly report it as a hate crime...the guy beaten could have been attacked for many reasons !

Sorry I haven't read his medical reports,so cannot guide you further.
the police reported it as a hate crime
you were the one disputing the medical information, now you are saying you don't know the medical information

the police reported it as a hate crime
you were the one disputing the medical information, now you are saying you don't know the medical information

I stated the guy would have had a thorough examination..yet the medical staff missed his other fractures for some time,one of the missed injuries was his broken back....you know the drill which is handle with care and caution.

I stated the guy would have had a thorough examination..yet the medical staff missed his other fractures for some time,one of the missed injuries was his broken back....you know the drill which is handle with care and caution.
the police / medical staff are probably just feeding information to the press as they see fit rather than not noting a broken back or lying about it.
Not sure there is much need for a conspiracy theory here, the bigger concern surely is that so many people would be involved or stand to one side while someone is beaten so badly.

it's always 'whiteys' fault

Any "whiteys" here? http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-39490433

Police are investigating whether the group had been drinking in a nearby pub
The eight, including juveniles who cannot be named for legal reasons, are:
Kyran Evans, 23, charged with violent disorder
Ben Harman, 20, charged with violent disorder and dangerous driving
Ellie Leite, 19, charged with violent disorder
Liam Neyle, 19, charged with violent disorder
James Neves, 22, charged with violent disorder
A 17-year-old boy, charged with violent disorder and wounding with intent
A 17-year-old girl, charged with violent disorder
A 15-year-old boy, charged with violent disorder

Why does it always have to be such a chore to sift out the interesting points from some threads?

Why do so many threads have to degenerate into contrived disagreement over a wilfully misinterpreted earlier comment, and downright petty name calling?

Why can't some people manage to have intelligent discourse with others that share a different point of view from themselves?

Why can't some of the usual suspects just **** off occasionally?

Why does it always have to be such a chore to sift out the interesting points from some threads?

Why do so many threads have to degenerate into contrived disagreement over a wilfully misinterpreted earlier comment, and downright petty name calling?

Why can't some people manage to have intelligent discourse with others that share a different point of view from themselves?

Why can't some of the usual suspects just **** off occasionally?

Because a certain poster is just an attack dog and drags everything down with petty insults.

Because a certain poster is just an attack dog and drags everything down with petty insults.

I was going to duck out of this but something needs to be made abundently clear here. This thread wasn't started to encourage reasoned debate and dicussion, it was, as is almost every thread that happens to be posted on a sunday afternoon by 'He who must be ignored' designed to get a reaction in some strange sense of humour or perversion best known to him and him alone. And it worked, again.

This story wouldn't have got a mention on here otherwise simply because no one else on here feels the need to attempt to cause friction on such a thing for their own warpped satisfaction. Don't believe me? Check out the stats, check out the posts prior to kick off on a saturday and check out the sunday posts that cause most contention.

Give that some thought people because that's the only reason this thread ever saw the light of day.

I was going to duck out of this but something needs to be made abundently clear here. This thread wasn't started to encourage reasoned debate and dicussion, it was, as is almost every thread that happens to be posted on a sunday afternoon by 'He who must be ignored' designed to get a reaction in some strange sense of humour or perversion best known to him and him alone. And it worked, again.

This story wouldn't have got a mention on here otherwise simply because no one else on here feels the need to attempt to cause friction on such a thing for their own warpped satisfaction. Don't believe me? Check out the stats, check out the posts prior to kick off on a saturday and check out the sunday posts that cause most contention.

Give that some thought people because that's the only reason this thread ever saw the light of day.

I realise that, but as these threads do they evolve to other matters and whilst you & I may disagree over the British Empire's actions in India and beyond, at least we manage to keep it civil.

I realise that, but as these threads do they evolve to other matters and whilst you & I may disagree over the British Empire's actions in India and beyond, at least we manage to keep it civil.

That's my whole point. Some bite more than others (guilty m'lud but getting better) and it does get a bit stroppy but that was the objective in the first place. Now you tell me, isn't that just **** stirring trolling or am I missing something.

Back