• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assault in Croydon

I spend most weekends in South Norwood and surrounding areas, Croydon, Thornton Heath, Selhurst, Crystal Palace etc. You are right there are a number of immigrants/Asylum seekers that have come from a culture where black people are considered second class citizens. Racial tension is there. I haven't seen any evidence of the other tensions you mention but hey that's just me, you obviously have.

You're spot on there. Africans normally seem to cop the brunt of it.

My own personal experiences are wide ranging, and are based solely on either working with people/small companies in the SE London region, or through knowing friends & family who have lived there. I've witnessed the racial hatred from one minority group, towards another minority group, first hand, on hundreds of occasions, through personal conversations.

Just off the top of my head; I've had Portuguese in Camberwell openly refusing to work with/for Africans. Chinese in Deptford, refusing to work for/with Africans, unless certain stipulations are agreed. I've had Eastern Europeans in Sydenham, refusing to work with/for Africans. I've even had British-born black people in SW8, tell me they're embarrassed about some Africans behaviour, because it reflects badly on them.

But on the flipside, I've had Africans, refusing to work with/for Asian's, such as Pakistani's/Indians etc. I had one Jamaican guy in Walworth, tell me he'd rather shut his business down, than work with Eastern Europeans. And then of course, there's the Pakistani Muslims in SE7, who point blank refuse to even acknowledge Jews, because apparently Israel is in cahoots with India, to destroy them, or something nonsensical like that.

And that all pales in comparison, to the racial divide between the Asian Communities, which of course dates back over the decades. Ive had Punjabi's in Bermondsey, telling me exactly what they think of Gudjurati's, and believe me, it's nothing complimentary.

So if I can try and drag this thread back on topic, my origional post was in response to Barna's link, that Racial tensions were on the increase in London. My point is, these tensions are very much there, but IMO, it's mostly stemming from interhouse immigration, than from people born here. Which, again just IMHO, is down to poor integration, and ideaologoes that don't fit what we class as British Values.

Everyone's a little bit racist, it's true
But everyone is just about as racist as you
If we all could just admit that we are racist a little bit
And everyone stopped being so P.C.
Maybe we could live in harmony
Evlyone's a ritter bit lacist

When I was a college in Newham in the late 80's the different cliques of black & Asian were definitely noticeable, and that even went as far as the Sikhs & Hindus vs Muslims.

Even where I live the Bangladeshi & Pakistani communities dislike each other, to the fact that one family waged war or another and a son was viciously killed.

But then again I've been a multi-ethnic functions where people get on and treat other with respect, so you know, it could just be (young) people being dicks and wallowing in (what should be) long forgotten history.

The hatred between Asian communities is strong, and I think you're probably right, that the youngsters are keeping that hatred alive. But I think the older generation has a lot to answer for in that regard. Let's not forget, just as old white British people are set in their ways, so too are old Asian people. And they inevitably pass their views down the generations. And unfortunately, in a lot of these communities, a lot of what the "head of the house" says, is taken as undebateable truth, and to disagree with him is almost treasonous.

The hatred between Asian communities is strong, and I think you're probably right, that the youngsters are keeping that hatred alive. But I think the older generation has a lot to answer for in that regard. Let's not forget, just as old white British people are set in their ways, so too are old Asian people. And they inevitably pass their views down the generations. And unfortunately, in a lot of these communities, a lot of what the "head of the house" says, is taken as undebateable truth, and to disagree with him is almost treasonous.

Unfortunately you can probabably put that down to Partition which was....um...."badly handled" by the British Raj.

Nothing to do with the Indian caste system then? No? Must have been our fault then, everything else seems to be.

Indian castes are purely Hindu.

The British Empire had a very dark and grim past - the British Raj was certainly nothing to be proud of, and when we left, we left a country divided and at war - which still exists today over Kashmir.

But we gave them cricket & the railway, so that's ok.

The British Empire had a very dark and grim past - the British Raj was certainly nothing to be proud of, and when we left, we left a country divided and at war - which still exists today over Kashmir.

Another leftie who doesn't know his history but makes it up so that he slag his own nation.....What a suprise

Absolutely. Giving independence of course makes every problem regarding India or anywhere else our grotty feet have trodden entirely our fault for which we should be soundly thrashed for at every oppotunity. Hell, I bet it was our fault that the Vikings invaded raped and piliged, whatever was I thinking, exprcting other nations, religions, castes and creeds to perhaps take a little responibility for their actions. Silly me eh.

Watched ITV ...they are falling over themselves with this story.
and as with the Westminster murderer initial reports get clarified and then the theories become more factual. The reports from the start were that there were a large number of people involved, how many would have evidence against them to result in a charge is all that will change.
This:

The guy beaten has gone from one injury to another injury.

reads like you think the guy is making stuff up about his injuries - that's unfounded and disrespectful

Not much point having any debates on here is it? As SBH said, it's the same old faces bickering, with certain people adding nothing but fuel to the fire.

Not much point having any debates on here is it? As SBH said, it's the same old faces bickering, with certain people adding nothing but fuel to the fire.

Bickering? Is that anything like 'probably' which also adds nothing but fuel to the fire.

I'll stop 'bickering' now.

maybe you will post up the historical corrections?

For a start the caste system is not purely for Hindus...

We didn't just leave in 1947 India wanted independence, I'm sure you have heard of Ghandi. Britain was bankrupt as we had just had WW2 and we had paid a huge price in blood to save Asia from Japan.....You know the ones who wanted to conquer the whole of India and enslave every religion and work them to death.....Apart from the good looking women who would have served as 'comfort girls' because as you know genocide is stressful work.

We had neither the money or the political will to keep warring Muslims and Sikhs apart so Lord Mountbatten drew up a hasty border and invented Pakistan. So out comes leftie commandment number 4..... Blame the British Empire for any violence around the world.....The Arabs are still blaming us for doing similar after WW1....That's right if I kidnap and rape an 8 year old girl and drill wholes through her 10 year brothers knees its all because of the British.

Apart from giving India the railways and cricket we also banned the practice of Sati (women were expected to throw themselves on the husbands funeral pyre)....Now I know that will make you so proud to be British because you are a champion for women's rights.....Unless an asylum seeker commits a sexual assault that is.

and as with the Westminster murderer initial reports get clarified and then the theories become more factual. The reports from the start were that there were a large number of people involved, how many would have evidence against them to result in a charge is all that will change.
This:

The guy beaten has gone from one injury to another injury.

reads like you think the guy is making stuff up about his injuries - that's unfounded and disrespectful

No,

Bloke is severely beaten..bruises would be appearing all over him,doc's stated he had fractured skull and blood clot,today they added broken back and other stuff.

Reminds of the female doc bring interviewed after the bridge "attack" still wearing her bloodied gloves and giving odd answers to the questions....just saying.

Back