• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If this happens, this will be the worst and most sickly kit Southend have ever worn.
Unbelievable own goal, especially when the club needs every penny it can get through shirt sales.

I might have been in the market for a couple of Southend shirts this year now the kids have started football practice.

Not now though. The kids will get laughed at enough just for being Southend fans, I'm not going to make it worse by buying them either this shocker or that ****ebox home shirt.

I might have been in the market for a couple of Southend shirts this year now the kids have started football practice.

Not now though. The kids will get laughed at enough just for being Southend fans, I'm not going to make it worse by buying them either this shocker or that ****ebox home shirt.

If the get laughed at teach them to floor the other kid, won't be so lemon then will they!

Could we not have had blue and white stripes with white shorts if we had to go the striped route? This is a colour combination which has absolutely no history with us at all as far as I am aware, and while the voltage cherry did have some redeeming features in its originality, this has absolutely none at all and is surely just some appeasement to Mr Brown!

Yellow has been part of our colours for a while and a few years back we had a gold/orange type away shirt, so it's got more connection with the club than green, for instance. Anyway, the point is that the away shirt is meant to not clash with the home one. So what if it looks like Hull or Barnet... if it was red it would look like Liverpool or Man Utd. I like it and will be buying one. Maybe even one of each, cos I'm just that kinda guy.

Incidentally, initial reports from seeing the navy kit last weekend "in the flesh" so to speak were that it looked absolutely superb. You can't please everyone.

Yellow has been part of our colours for a while and a few years back we had a gold/orange type away shirt, so it's got more connection with the club than green, for instance. Anyway, the point is that the away shirt is meant to not clash with the home one. So what if it looks like Hull or Barnet... if it was red it would look like Liverpool or Man Utd. I like it and will be buying one. Maybe even one of each, cos I'm just that kinda guy.

Incidentally, initial reports from seeing the navy kit last weekend "in the flesh" so to speak were that it looked absolutely superb. You can't please everyone.

Spot on! :thumbsup:

It shouldn't look like Hull or Banert because this is Southend. People should look at our kits and be able to say who it is. There's nothing unique about it.

i would say it looked better than most thought, absolutely superb is a bit much

Back