• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Wow! One word that seemed to sum up the night - from arriving in Bradford at 645pm to be greeted by the fantastic Valley Parade stadium, to the final whistle, realising we had pulled off a great result.

I have read the guy from Bradford's report and I dont feel that is accurate (why doesnt that suprise anyone!). I thought we controlled the majority of the game and played (or at least passed) Bradford off the park at times. Aside from Windass who is always a threat - and Petta who looked lively, they are a very ordinary side.

On the other hand, every player in a white shirt can be mighty proud to have been part of that team effort - even if some had individual off-days.

Special mentions to Wayne Gray, who worked tirelessly for 90 minutes and contributed so much throughout, and Andy Edwards, who came in and handled Windass superbly.

RATINGS:

Flavs: 7 - Couple of good saves and wound up Windass!
Jupp: 7 - Great start to the season for Juppy - got up and supported well and was solid at the back again.
Edwards: 8 - I felt sure that Hunt was dead cert to start, but fair play to Edwards who didnt give Windass a sniff.
Barrett: 8 - Better than Saturday and put in some terrific last gasp blocks and saving headers.
Wilson: 7 - Better again and also dug deep when we were under the cosh.
Gutts: 7 - Really impressed again with Luke. Cannot believe some of our fans giving him stick?! Took his goal superbly and all round play was compact.
Maher: 8 - Had much more time on the ball and sprayed it around with ease. Put in some crunching tackles too.
Bentley: 7 - Understandably more disciplined that Saturday, but still the engine that keeps us ticking. Picked up a knock late on.
Cole: 5 - I hate giving a low mark on such a good result and it is no real reflection on Cole as a player, I just think he was a little overawed and also got a heavy knock during the red-card incident.
Eastwood: 6 - Better than Saturday, but still way, way out of sorts. Needs a goal badly.
Gray: 8 - Kick up the arse with the Goats arrival and Wayne is putting it in again. Great strength and pace terrified the Bradford back line and he always set something up or won a foul.

MOM just about edged by Edwards I think...

Brilliant result though and I was so proud of the club today!

Pretty much agree with you there, maybe I wouldn't give Cole such a low mark though, I thought he had his moments. I had Gray or Maher marked down for MOTM but Edwards put in a terrific display and showed that he's capable of filling in for Prior while Spinner is injured.

Fantastic support from my fellow 270 shrimpers too.

well said pbohreham we played excellent tonight. Wayne Gray was supperb it made my 5 and a half hour drive not as bad, plus their chicken balti pasties were great. What a great result who got the first i couldnt see?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phil08 @ Aug. 10 2005,03:16)]well said pbohreham we played excellent tonight. Wayne Gray was supperb it made my 5 and a half hour drive not as bad, plus their chicken balti pasties were great. What a great result who got the first i couldnt see?
Was a David Wetherall Oggy...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Aug. 10 2005,06:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (phil08 @ Aug. 10 2005,03:16)]well said pbohreham we played excellent tonight.  Wayne Gray was supperb it made my 5 and a half hour drive not as bad, plus their chicken balti pasties were great.  What a great result who got the first i couldnt see?
Was a David Wetherall Oggy...
what the heck are you doing up that early??
smile.gif

Cole was either knackered in the 2nd half or a lazy little so-and-so. Even Gower puts in more effort than him. Im suprised he's played 2 games in a few days. Not the greatest idea IMO as he needs bringing in gradually. A few sub appearances could be on the cards after last night. He can normally beat his man easily but he never does it that often. Im not if its a lack of confidence or what but he needs to improve if he's going to be starting more games this season ....

Back