• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
O.K. everybody stop yer bitching,i wanna suggest a reformation
of thought and logic starting with our game on EBH Monday.Right,firstly, our
last two games and for many games this season we have shipped in too
many goals in one game.Seven goals against us recently defies the term
"professional football club".As a supporter it sucks.
Therefore we need to think how to set up our defence.
Passion & commitment.Those two words go hand in hand.I pick Barrett over
Hammel at left-back firstly.Hammel dithered and deliberated over whether to challenge Cureton on Sat and really,if he thought shall i/shan't i make a challenge then the answer is always yes, you should, and take a booking if need be but DO NOT give Cureton the freedom of Roots Hall.We had the better of the scum at that point of the 2nd half,Fred should have buried the header and game on,instead we miss and scum go straight up other end and score a soft-un.Stick "Mr Southend" in at full-back NOW,he was supreme in his last game there.

Francis in at right-back.I love yer Lewis for sticking with the club and all,but i need players who don't dither and know how to get stuck in right now so you'll have to warm the bench again,sorry mate.Francis attacks,shoots,can stick a challenge in when needed and has better aerial ability.We all know he's a bit slow in his awareness but hey,that's the least of our problems.

Clarkey,well he fits the bill at last for me @ centre-back.

I'm sticking with Sodge after his howler.Obviously the team were ordered to lump it up at Hull and when you tell someone like Bandana-man this,nothing else enters his head so he forgot how to pass! But,he plays with desire in his heart and on his day is invincible.

Just take a look at that defence now....Francis,Clarke,Sodge,Barrett. Just oozes passion & commitment to me.They're all fairly big and won't get shoved around in my eyes.Don't forget,Gower plays better with AB behind him and JCR plays better with Francis behind him.

Mmmm,i'm feeling better already.Anyone got Steve's number?

O.K. everybody stop yer bitching,i wanna suggest a reformation
of thought and logic starting with our game on EBH Monday.Right,firstly, our
last two games and for many games this season we have shipped in too
many goals in one game.Seven goals against us recently defies the term
"professional football club".As a supporter it sucks.
Therefore we need to think how to set up our defence.
Passion & commitment.Those two words go hand in hand.I pick Barrett over
Hammel at left-back firstly.Hammel dithered and deliberated over whether to challenge Cureton on Sat and really,if he thought shall i/shan't i make a challenge then the answer is always yes, you should, and take a booking if need be but DO NOT give Cureton the freedom of Roots Hall.We had the better of the scum at that point of the 2nd half,Fred should have buried the header and game on,instead we miss and scum go straight up other end and score a soft-un.Stick "Mr Southend" in at full-back NOW,he was supreme in his last game there.

Francis in at right-back.I love yer Lewis for sticking with the club and all,but i need players who don't dither and know how to get stuck in right now so you'll have to warm the bench again,sorry mate.Francis attacks,shoots,can stick a challenge in when needed and has better aerial ability.We all know he's a bit slow in his awareness but hey,that's the least of our problems.

Clarkey,well he fits the bill at last for me @ centre-back.

I'm sticking with Sodge after his howler.Obviously the team were ordered to lump it up at Hull and when you tell someone like Bandana-man this,nothing else enters his head so he forgot how to pass! But,he plays with desire in his heart and on his day is invincible.

Just take a look at that defence now....Francis,Clarke,Sodge,Barrett. Just oozes passion & commitment to me.They're all fairly big and won't get shoved around in my eyes.Don't forget,Gower plays better with AB behind him and JCR plays better with Francis behind him.

Mmmm,i'm feeling better already.Anyone got Steve's number?

I would have to agree - Hunt and Hammell out.

I was refferencing a game involving Morton (i believe) today - The score was 9-1. Basically, it could be worse. We could be Luton.

And, did the boys not have a chat about their abysmal run (back when we lost week in week out in August through December) in the gym at one stage? And did we not start actually playing well after said chat.

but it rained that day so they cleared the air in the in the gym ,no chance of rain at the moment

I was refferencing a game involving Morton (i believe) today - The score was 9-1. Basically, it could be worse. We could be Luton.

And, did the boys not have a chat about their abysmal run (back when we lost week in week out in August through December) in the gym at one stage? And did we not start actually playing well after said chat.

When you put it like that,it makes sense.The overall point is that we are throwing away games by not "sticking it in"-to coin a familiar phrase.When we are in a relegation fight,players should be picked to do just that,even at home.

Our midfield can concentrate more on attack with the type of defence behind them that i picked.You simply have to crunch the tackles and let the opposition strikers know what's coming next time.You can't dispute right now we look bloody soft.

but it rained that day so they cleared the air in the in the gym ,no chance of rain at the moment

In that case, do it out on the training field - The point still stands.

Wouldn't know, missed the "highlights" of both Col U and Hull (somewhat deliberately I may add), and haven't been able to get to a game at the Hall since Sunderland. I'm just going off of what's said on here.

Back