• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ban me if you want, But this needs to be said

Status
Not open for further replies.

J

The Chameleon
after yesterday night's performance, i will never ever want to see either maher or gower back in the side.. ban me from this f**king board if you want
because i know you have a "support the club" policy or get out..
so i will tell you now, maher needs to go.. he was awful, yet again
and as for gower, well thats a different story altogether..

CS J - take a reality check... This time last year we were just about clinging on to leauge status. Now we are in the top 3 and in sight of promotion. What do you want? if you want glory in every game buy a season ticket for Old Traford, Stamford Bridge, Highbury etc.
Tilly, Brush, and the squad have performed miracles over the past year, we are on the verge of promotion, a real achievement, we've just had an 18 game unbeaten run, and on the back of one slightly below-par performance you want to launch a lynch-mob... wake up and get behind the team - we have a real chance of going up and all you can do is moan? Maybe some people (they are not fans) are only happy when we are dreadful? Support the team and help them to go up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"support the club" policy or get out.

Of course we do, that is why we encourage sensible and reasoned debate. Something you may find hard to grasp.

All I can say is thank god your not the manager, we would probably be scrapping with Kiddy and Cambridge if you were.

After all what a sh*te season we have had with those donkeys Maher and Gower playing.

Everyone else can i ask you not to provide the type of reaction this poster wants.

I would'nt take a lot of notice of a past midnight Saturday night post. I have done a few of these and they are mostly alcohol fuelled

Indeed. It seems someone can't hold their ale ...

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 17 2005,07:58)]Ban him now !!!!

Get rid of Maher ?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

cool.gif
Classic CS J. I've been trying to get ORM to bite for months, and you do it with one simple post. Respect!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

I Tthought maher played well and responded well after wrexham,but i think gower didnt play well but thats up to tilly to sort out .but what i found strange is that spinner keeps pulling his shorts down and showing the family stand his but,not sure why this happens!does he he flash to the away supporters.

########## IS SPINNER A FLASHER ##########

Well you've said it CS J, well done sonny. It's just a shame that you're talking sh*te.

Cs J mate its easy to get frustrated at a time like this! one game and the whole attitude of some people has turned 180 if we win Tuesday I am sure that it will become a compleet 360 keep the faith mate theres times when myself does not see what role Maher plays BUT his assists speak for themselves also I feel Gower just needs a goal to get his confidence up nobody can knock the lad for effort he just needs some direction and to get 100% fit!

Keep the faith mate!
Scott

lol..
it wasnt alchol fuelled at all lol..
i just get soo frustrated at this time.. i know i am expecting too much but it frustrates me that maher never has his turn at being dropped etc.

While I dont agree about Maher, I would agree about Gower. While his performance was better than a week ago it was still not on par with the rest of the team. Someone near me tried to gee Gower up on Friday with some encouragement, and Gower looked up with an expression of disinterest. If thats how he is feeling then he needs to be replaced as we will never win with a team of 10

I don't agree about either of them. With 4 games left is there much point in changing the side? Gower's generally been under par this season but on Friday I thought he was good and as for getting rid of Maher, well you obviously WERE drunk when you made that comment
laugh.gif
He's one of our most consistent players and very underrated, do you really think Tilly's going to drop the captain with 4 games to go? Hmmm
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ April 17 2005,13:23)]lol..
it wasnt alchol fuelled at all lol..
i just get soo frustrated at this time.. i know i am expecting too much but it frustrates me that maher never has his turn at being dropped etc.
Yeah i too get frustrated about Maher, and why he never gets dropped for playing poorly!

It's time to get that clause in his contract written out which states "i shall never be subbed off no matter how bad i'm playing". Maher must be laughing at how SUFC agreed to such a clause!

Just need to get three points on Tuesday night!

I'm with you CS J about Gower and Maher, they are so predictable. As how anyone thought Gower had a good game friday night is anyones guess?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 17 2005,16:45)]It's time to get that clause in his contract written out which states "i shall never be subbed off no matter how bad i'm playing".  Maher must be laughing at how SUFC agreed to such a clause!
There is no such clause you complete and utter dingbat.

I swear you love all this attention. You must sit there rubbing your hands in glee when people react to your posts.

I have always been a Maher supporter and feel he would be a loss if he left the club. I do feel however That friday night further outlined the need to drop him from the captaincy. He could have cost us so much more if being sent off again and surely it was a close call that he was'nt. Leading by example does not include tantrums that let the team down. Perhaps a few games without the added responsibilty of the armband might allow him to concentrate on his own game more. We have seen it in cricket many times. Great players made captain and their game suffering as a consequence. I would rather try that than drop him from the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back