• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Barnet - Sat 30 December (away) - 3pm - SOLD OUT (for now)

That’s fine but I couldn’t get a seat anywhere apart from the front so if you don’t mind me standing I’ll go to my booked seat

I think that is the problem.

There are those that want to stand and watch the footy, and there are those that want to sit and watch the footy.

There is no right or wrong.

The only problem would be if the in front of those sitting want to stand.

That is why imo, they should allocate 2no. blocks for standing and other blocks for those wanting to sit and watch the footy.

Reactions: GBJ
Look, there’s going to be around 1800 of us in that stand, half will probably not care where they sit and half will want the specific seat that they’ve booked (many for their own personal reasons)

Sit/stand where you want, if you’re asked to move, then do so amicably. It’s not difficult.

I’ve said before (in this thread no less) that you wouldn’t expect to sit where you like at a sold out concert, a packed restaurant or on an aeroplane, so a stadium really isn’t any different, is it?

I think that is the problem.

There are those that want to stand and watch the footy, and there are those that want to sit and watch the footy.

There is no right or wrong.

The only problem would be if the in front of those sitting want to stand.

That is why imo, they should allocate 2no. blocks for standing and other blocks for those wanting to sit and watch the footy.
I think it was Barnet two seasons ago, 2nd half, 3 lads arrived at the seats immediately in front of us at the start of the second half. All 3 were well past being able to drive safely and they then commenced standing when the whistle blew. Mrs RHB ( a veteran of 3 kids) asked them, in a way that only a mum can, if they would sit down as they were blocking our view. As they turned around to sound off they saw her face and went very sheepish and duly sat down. She thanked them very nicely and all was well.

Sitting where you like at away games causes less problems than sitting in your allocated seat. It also creates a much better atmosphere when the voice gather high up behind the goal. The added bonus is for every row with 10 extra people standing than seats = 10 spare seats elsewhere.

If you want to sit hand in hand or are with young kids then get their 30 mins before KO and sit somewhere near the front. If your group of young lads 6 pints and a couple sniffs down already then don't stand unless you head to the back 6 or 7 rows

Just wide of the voice will be a squad of over 50's who still like to stand. I will be amongst them and no we didn't book our tickets at the same time and won't be sitting in our correct seats...If that means someone has to sit at most 10-15 feet from their original seat then do so without fuss. We are here to support our team and if your missing the most important point then best you go shopping up Oxford street......Your there to watch football not Les Miserables.

Have fun, enjoy supporting the team and soak up the wonderful winning atmosphere we will create.

Unpopular opinion:

Sitting down at away matches should be banned. Unless you need to sit for medical reasons obviously.

Failing that, singers and standers to the back. Sitters to the front. Be respectful to both. That’s always been the rule?
If you sit down at a big away game without a valid excuse, hard drives should be checked.

Barnet away has been one of the best trips over past couple of seasons. Looking forward to this one.

What a sense of entitlement some people have, some of the comments are unbelievable. I totally agree with standing at the back and sitting in the front. But, banning sitting, people with booked seats have to move to accommodate those that want to sit anywhere, if you object you need to go christmas shopping instead, this is incredible. Selfish and totally unreasonable. I will be sitting in my booked seat, I will make a fuss if don’t move. The human race never ceases to amaze me. 🤦‍♀️ I do not have to justify my reasons for sitting at a football match, it’s none of your business

Last edited:
Failing that, singers and standers to the back. Sitters to the front. Be respectful to both. That’s always been the rule?
Totally agree it’s sensible and would work for me.

However it’s only a ‘rule’ if the venue hosts are behind it (or the stewarding will get involved) and also if everyone is either agreed or aware before they buy their ticket.

You can’t impose something on people who have spent their hard earned, are following the actual rules and want to stick to those rather than something else decided by a committee/proletariat they aren’t part of.

I'm really looking forward to the game, it will mean that this particular thread is done and over and it will also be my last away game of the season. That will mean I won't be part of some of the 'who gives a **** where you sit' nonsense that has waffled it's way into the thread. We're all in it together??

What a sense of entitlement some people have, some of the comments are unbelievable. I totally agree with standing at the back and sitting in the front. But, banning sitting, people with booked seats have to move to accommodate those that want to sit anywhere, if you object you need to go christmas shopping instead, this is incredible. Selfish and totally unreasonable. I will be sitting in my booked seat, I will make a fuss if don’t move. The human race never ceases to amaze me. 🤦‍♀️ I do not have to justify my reasons for sitting at a football match, it’s none of your business
Agreed.
Back in the day I would have been completely behind the sit where you like brigade.
Nowadays I am at the other end of the spectrum. Taking my 11 year old to her second away game & my 9 year old daughter to her first.
My bro in law @Streaky is taking his 9 year old daughter to her first away game.
We‘ve specifically picked the seats we have as they are on aisle and closer to the front so we can all stay seated and get a view of the game.

Not that this will be enforced but take note of terms 6.

Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. This ticket is valid only for the date shown or the date for which the event is transferred in the occurrence of postponement. It is the ticket holder's responsibility to ascertain the details of any rearranged event. 2. No refunds accepted. 3. Unauthorised re-sale is prohibited. 4. The Barnet Football Club group of companies accept no responsibility for seating affected by adverse weather conditions. 5. Use of camera or recording equipment is strictly prohibited. 6. Persistent standing in seating areas will lead to eviction. 7. Management reserve the right to refuse entry to the ticket holder or take any means necessary to remove the ticket holder from the grounds.

Back