• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Barrett on the brink of being announced....?

For all your incorrect assumption Harris was not sacked by left of his own choice.to the clubs disappointment that is a fact.

Ffs - you couldn’t make it up. Regardless Of who is Ron’s first choice it now puts them in a better negotiating position.
Will Adam see it that he has an opportunity at Millwall , or that when a new man comes in he will be out of work ( and so should take an offer from us if it is forthcoming). This must be messing with his head. I wonder what he has been promised ( if anything)

Or...
Harris had already agreed with Millwall he was stepping down
No way is Adam going to be the new Millwall boss
Harris agreed that Adam would stay as caretaker until their new manager comes in then join him in his new role..
I suspect that might be only 1 maybe 2 games for Adam as I suspect Millwall knew this was happening and have already been talking to people/maybe even know who replacement is likely to be..

I just can't believe the co-incidence, but unbelievable co-incidence it might just be. The mysterious 5th candidate?

Surely harris and Barrett would be a great appointment. Have done a very good job at Millwall and are both southend fans.

Or...
Harris had already agreed with Millwall he was stepping down
No way is Adam going to be the new Millwall boss
Harris agreed that Adam would stay as caretaker until their new manager comes in then join him in his new role..
I suspect that might be only 1 maybe 2 games for Adam as I suspect Millwall knew this was happening and have already been talking to people/maybe even know who replacement is likely to be..

I just can't believe the co-incidence, but unbelievable co-incidence it might just be. The mysterious 5th candidate?

I doubt Harris would step down at millwall to come to blues.

That said stranger things have happened in football and he is a former player who has links to the area.

I for one would welcome a Harris and Barrett appointment for Barrett to eventually become the boss.

For all your incorrect assumption Harris was not sacked by left of his own choice.to the clubs disappointment that is a fact.
Stepped down so he could mange us ?

Let’s face it if some one had said we were interviewing Larson a few weeks ago a lot of us ( me included) would have laughed

Harris and Barrett would be the dream team for me. By far the best solution in a fairly questionable process thus far.

Harris has three years experience and has worked relative wonders with Millwall in that time - coupled with the fact he is a local lad and a fan....no brainer for me.

Neil Harris is now the man I’d like to see in our dugout on Saturday.

Who knows... the fickle finger of fate is now pointing at him!

Yesterday it was AB
This morning it was Larssen (again!)
This afternoon it was big Sol
This evening it’s ‘Arris!!

Who will it be tomorrow?

Out if all of them NH is surely top of the pile?

If Harris is wanting a route straight back in (he may want a break and that could be the reason he’s stepped down at Millwall) and he fancies our job, the interview process would be finished for me. He comes in with AB, and Tilly can come too as an assistant. Harris has to be top of the list for us right now.

I'd calm down (again) folks. Barrett is unlikely to get the Millwall job I would have thought - and if he doesn't, his job is in danger unfortunately just like our backroom team when a new main man is appointed and brings in his own crew.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this has contributed to our delay, as John Berylson might have wanted AB to take the team this weekend while he appoints someone (Larsson??) next week.

I don't think this harms our chances with AB one iota. It just means tomorrow might be another quiet day on the appointment front, if it is to be AB. And in so doing, Ron may no longer need to buy out AB’s contract...

Why on earth would you leave a job you are respected and liked by the directors and one of their most successful manager Ho and paid at least 2/3 what you can earn in a club heading for Div2 let alone the facilities at Millwall are what we dream to be. Some people do do have great inmaginations

Why on earth would you leave a job you are respected and liked by the directors and one of their most successful manager Ho and paid at least 2/3 what you can earn in a club heading for Div2 let alone the facilities at Millwall are what we dream to be. Some people do do have great inmaginations

You’re right a complete coincidence.

Harris stood down. He wasn't sacked ( or pushed). So where else has he got in mind to go?
All this dallying around with Campbell, Larsson etc was just a smokescreen. Similarly the reluctance to offer it to Barrett alone.
Plus wasn't there a statement from Ron saying something would happen by the end of the week?
Personally it all seems to make sense to me, and with Harris and Barrett together, a Christmas present in October....

But Millwall are 5 points above the drop zone and he has kept them up last year as well? Hardly a crisis - lower mid table/couple of points off mid table. Statement say stepped down - there again so did KB..

Odd very odd...
According to statement

"Harris took over as boss in 2015 and during his time in charge oversaw two trips to Wembley, one promotion and two runs to the FA Cup Quarter-Finals, and has also steadily re-established Millwall as a Championship club."

Confused.com

Could be something to do with the fact that Millwall fans can’t stand Harris, and have wanted him out for a long time.

Again, I don’t know for sure, but I’d assume the abuse he receives from ‘Wall fans has finally taken its toll.

Harris stood down. He wasn't sacked ( or pushed). So where else has he got in mind to go?
All this dallying around with Campbell, Larsson etc was just a smokescreen. Similarly the reluctance to offer it to Barrett alone.
Plus wasn't there a statement from Ron saying something would happen by the end of the week?
Personally it all seems to make sense to me, and with Harris and Barrett together, a Christmas present in October....
if Barrett was coming here I'd be very surprised about him being the one put in charge of the team at Millwall

Fingers crossed your right. But I doubt this is going to happen.

The New Den is probably the away ground I hate the most, cold & sterile place totally devoid of atmosphere. Roots Hall maybe falling apart but I wouldn’t swap the atmosphere in a packed West Stand for Millwalls ground any day...

The New Den is probably the away ground I hate the most, cold & sterile place totally devoid of atmosphere. Roots Hall maybe falling apart but I wouldn’t swap the atmosphere in a packed West Stand for Millwalls ground any day...

Personally I love the Den. Tight, compact and naturally intimidating, due to its surroundings.

Give me that over some soulless bowl ground, which is stuck on the outskirts of a town/city.

It will be Harris, I've no doubt about that. Harris has always said he would love to manager Southend and a bigger Southend fan you won't find

Back