• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm surprised that BarnaBlueGetsItWrongAgain hasn't commented on Corr being awarded the honour of captaining the side yesterday. This recognition of a club legend seems to have gone unnoticed from his deckchair in Spain.

I'm sure it's just an oversight and a post congratulating Big Bad Barry Corr on this honour will be posted soon.

Just as soon as the Grauniad informs him of it.

I'm surprised that BarnaBlueGetsItWrongAgain hasn't commented on Corr being awarded the honour of captaining the side yesterday. This recognition of a club legend seems to have gone unnoticed from his deckchair in Spain.

I'm sure it's just an oversight and a post congratulating Big Bad Barry Corr on this honour will be posted soon.

Just as soon as the Grauniad informs him of it.

Not quite deckchair weather in Northern Spain, though it was warm enough to have a mid-day aperitif (vermouth and olives) in short shirt sleeves with some old Catalan friends here in the centre of SC earlier today.(Good luck with Saint Jude tonight/tomorrow,btw).

As far as BBC is concerned,I've just finished watching his BP interview.I tend to agree with him that the three points would have been much more welcome.Still roll on Friday.He only gets goals at home,doesn't he? :winking:

Not quite deckchair weather in Northern Spain, though it was warm enough to have a mid-day aperitif (vermouth and olives) in short shirt sleeves with some old Catalan friends here in the centre of SC earlier today.(Good luck with Saint Jude tonight/tomorrow,btw).

As far as BBC is concerned,I've just finished watching his BP interview.I tend to agree with him that the three points would have been much more welcome.Still roll on Friday.He only gets goals at home,doesn't he? :winking:

Sadly Barry has not had a good season and he was poor again yesterday.

Corr was only captain because White, Eastwood and Phillips weren't starting yesterday. Three games in a row where he'd been poor, needs to buck his ideas up. Time to get your tongues out of his back passage!

Corr was only captain because White, Eastwood and Phillips weren't starting yesterday. Three games in a row where he'd been poor, needs to buck his ideas up. Time to get your tongues out of his back passage!

Eloquently and correctly put.

Says the person who "covered" for Macca for 12 months + !!!

:omg::winking:

Hate to say it, but agree with this. He's scored 3 goals this season, one of which was a penalty and another that looked suspiciously like an own goal. Not sure if he's just out of form or whether the formation and style of play isn't working for him or playing to his strengths, but really hope he picks up soon as I really do love the bloke!

That's because he was never the legend that BBBC is. And I liked Macca.

Never said he was Beefy, but still don't think Corr is a legend either. Southend players deserving of that are few and far between.

Never said he was Beefy, but still don't think Corr is a legend either. Southend players deserving of that are few and far between.

20 goal a season strikers are also few and far between.

There won't be many in that category who aren't also legends.

I can't think of many players who spent 17 months out with a horrendous injury and managed to work back to full fitness and arguably an even better footballer. And that's any player ever - not just SUFC.

20 goal a season strikers are also few and far between.

There won't be many in that category who aren't also legends.

1973/4 - Stuart Brace - 22
1975/6 - Peter Silvester - 23
1977/8 - Derrick Parker - 23
1980/1 - Derek Spence - 21

I remember them all, but no way are they legends....and Peter Silvester scored 4 in one game for us against Brighton!

I can't think of many players who spent 17 months out with a horrendous injury and managed to work back to full fitness and arguably an even better footballer. And that's any player ever - not just SUFC.

No way is he a better footballer now! That's the whole point. I don't dispute that he's done very well to come through what he did. I for one, never expected he'd play for us again, but he did, and he does and he's usually ok, however, the last few games he's been a real shadow of his former self.

1973/4 - Stuart Brace - 22
1975/6 - Peter Silvester - 23
1977/8 - Derrick Parker - 23
1980/1 - Derek Spence - 21

I remember them all, but no way are they legends....and Peter Silvester scored 4 in one game for us against Brighton!

No way is he a better footballer now! That's the whole point. I don't dispute that he's done very well to come through what he did. I for one, never expected he'd play for us again, but he did, and he does and he's usually ok, however, the last few games he's been a real shadow of his former self.

It's why I said arguably. It's hard to compare because the service he's received is definitely poorer, along with the team in general, and he's still leading the line well and chipping in with goals. Yes he's not been at his best in the last few weeks, but the team in general have been under performing and often it's the strikers who suffer the most from this.

Not a legend imo.

Benji, Collymore, Eastwood, Chrissy Powell, Angell to name a few legends of more recent times with Eastwood being the most recent "Legend". They all went on to better their respective careers and get recognized by wider audiences. Whilst BBBC is a good striker, he is most certainly not worthy of such attributes not least for the fact that he is unlikely to play any higher than L2 in his career. Even Flavs is more closer to this status than BBBC imo.

Not a legend imo.

Benji, Collymore, Eastwood, Chrissy Powell, Angell to name a few legends of more recent times with Eastwood being the most recent "Legend". They all went on to better their respective careers and get recognized by wider audiences. Whilst BBBC is a good striker, he is most certainly not worthy of such attributes not least for the fact that he is unlikely to play any higher than L2 in his career. Even Flavs is more closer to this status than BBBC imo.

You forgot the King Kevin Maher thats a true legend

Back