• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best: Computer Studies, Physics, English.

Worst: PE/Games (psychopathic failed sportsmen who ritually abuse young boys) Business Studies (why god did I choose this option?)

My best subject was Maths. I was good at it, and so I enjoyed it. All through my school career I found it a complete piece of ****. Now I am doing a degree in it, not so easy...

The subject I hated most was probably History, I just found it really boring!!

Another vote for history here.

What is "proper history"?

All we learnt at GCSE history is the 'invention' of medicines. Only done a bit about WW2 and nothing on WW1.

I would rather have learnt more about relevant history such as the wars etc, not some bloke who left his tray by a window and when he came back had a load of mould on it - that was pennecillin (sic) apparantly. I know it was relevant as that was how medicine was invented, but it didnt interest me in the slightest.

All we learnt at GCSE history is the 'invention' of medicines. Only done a bit about WW2 and nothing on WW1.

I would rather have learnt more about relevant history such as the wars etc, not some bloke who left his tray by a window and when he came back had a load of mould on it - that was pennecillin (sic) apparantly. I know it was relevant as that was how medicine was invented, but it didnt interest me in the slightest.

If you are interested in Wars (and sharks and megastructures etc.) why not tune in to the discovery channel?

Worst: PE/Games (psychopathic failed sportsmen who ritually abuse young boys)

Do you not think it must be worse for girls though? All the female PE teachers at my school were so obviously filthy old bull-dykes who probably got off from enforcing the shower after PE rule plus being "available" to discuss any girly teenage issues!

We did that, zzzzzzzzzzzzz 'The History of Medicine' - Louis Pasteur & all that cack! Britain 1815-51 was also dire too.

Was all the medicine ****e really necessary though?!!

What happened during 1815-1851 then?! We never got taught that...

Best - Classics. I love the literature, mythology and history and the teaches was absolutely bonkers, but in a good way. I also have a great deal of time for English and Geography.

Worst - Phsyics. I hated maths, and I hated chemistry so to combine the two in one subject was the ultimate in pain for me. Couldn't understand it, didn't want to understand it and had a teacher that hated me and was incompetent (not that it mattered). R.E., languages and I.T. can all feck off as well.

All we learnt at GCSE history is the 'invention' of medicines. Only done a bit about WW2 and nothing on WW1

Oh God, not Medicine in 18?? - 1900?! Christ on a bike that was boring! Death on a barge on the Thames and Lister are just about the only things I can be bothered to remember from that. Found the Irish Troubles a lot better.

I never much liked geography either, but was reminded of a fun moment just now whilst watching the Aussie rugby league on tv.

In my exam at the end of my 1st year in senior school, there was a section about Australia, with questions like - "What's the highest mountain", "What is the capital city" etc etc.

The geography/sports teacher (a common combo, wasn't it) who set the exam was always a bit of a clown and the final question on the paper was:

"How many of the people in Australia are called Bruce?" :)

Was all the medicine ****e really necessary though?!!

What happened during 1815-1851 then?! We never got taught that...

It was mainly the Industrial Revolution, we did all about cotton mills and the migration of country folk to urban residents (urbanisation), also the 1851 Festival, bits about Queen Victoria, the slave-trade, all that rubbish! Cor, 18 years on & I still remember it, when you asked I was like, blimey don't know if I can remember, then it all came flooding out as I typed!

It was mainly the Industrial Revolution, we did all about cotton mills and the migration of country folk to urban residents (urbanisation), also the 1851 Festival, bits about Queen Victoria, the slave-trade, all that rubbish! Cor, 18 years on & I still remember it, when you asked I was like, blimey don't know if I can remember, then it all came flooding out as I typed!

Corn Laws, 1832 Great Reform Act, the Poor Law, Chartism?

Happy days! :rolleyes:

Best - French, we had the cutest French teacher ever. Just about everybody in my class fancied the pants of her.

Worst - Business Studies GCSE. Our 4th year teacher used to come into the classroom, tell us to do some exercises form the book and then not mark any of our work. He got fired at the end of the year for sexually assaulting a female teacher whilst on a course. Our 5th year teacher had a weird fetish for Maggie Thatcher and would talk about her for the whole lesson. Nobody in our class got higher than a 'B' for their GCSE.

Also had a german teacher called Mr. Crapper...

Best - French, we had the cutest French teacher ever. Just about everybody in my class fancied the pants of her.

Worst - Business Studies GCSE. Our 4th year teacher used to come into the classroom, tell us to do some exercises form the book and then not mark any of our work. He got fired at the end of the year for sexually assaulting a female teacher whilst on a course. Our 5th year teacher had a weird fetish for Maggie Thatcher and would talk about her for the whole lesson. Nobody in our class got higher than a 'B' for their GCSE.

Also had a german teacher called Mr. Crapper...

Sounds like you went to Westcliff then - was the French teacher Miss Allen and the Business Studies teacher Mr Swan?

Sounds like you went to Westcliff then - was the French teacher Miss Allen and the Business Studies teacher Mr Swan?

Yup...correct on all 3 counts. Seriously, how much of a babe was Miss Allen??

The following year we had this scary butch french teacher with huge mams who kept leaning over her desk in the vain hope we were catching a quick look at her bristols.

....this scary butch french teacher with huge mams who kept leaning over her desk in the vain hope we were catching a quick look at her bristols.

Which knowing a class full of hormonal 15/16 year old boys was probably very often :hilarious:

Back