• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yup...correct on all 3 counts. Seriously, how much of a babe was Miss Allen??

The following year we had this scary butch french teacher with huge mams who kept leaning over her desk in the vain hope we were catching a quick look at her bristols.

I know what you mean about Miss Allen but I've subsequently assumed that she wasn't that great, it was just that there was little else on offer for our perverted little minds to latch onto in an all boys school.

Re. Mr Swan I once saw him puke into a bush while waiting for a bus from Southend High St. I think we can assume that he wasn't a very happy man and teaching a load of too-clever kids didn't do him a lot of favours.

Favourites, History, Geography & English, which is how I learned to be so erudite, and speak proper like wot Cricko does.

I loathed woodwork, I once attempted to make a kitchen breakfast bar stool, and found that one leg was slightly shorter than the other 3, by the time I finished it was about the size of a bloody foot stool. I also disliked RE intensely, I once fell asleep in a lesson.

Last edited:
Re. Mr Swan I once saw him puke into a bush while waiting for a bus from Southend High St. I think we can assume that he wasn't a very happy man and teaching a load of too-clever kids didn't do him a lot of favours.

There were loads of rumours flying around about him having alcohol problems and stuff.

Given that we also had a science teacher who looked like he came straight out of the 'Village People', a racist history teacher who got fired for punching an asian kid at the staff v 6th form football match, a dyslexic georgraphy teacher and the aforementioned Mr. Crapper who used to burst into tears pretty much every time we had a lesson with him it's a wonder we got any qualifications at all.

There were loads of rumours flying around about him having alcohol problems and stuff.

Given that we also had a science teacher who looked like he came straight out of the 'Village People', a racist history teacher who got fired for punching an asian kid at the staff v 6th form football match, a dyslexic georgraphy teacher and the aforementioned Mr. Crapper who used to burst into tears pretty much every time we had a lesson with him it's a wonder we got any qualifications at all.

I always wondered what made Crapper go into teaching. He seemed so unsuited to handling a class of kids, plus had the disadvantage of that surname. Mind you compared to Weatherall, the English teacher, he was emotionally stable.

Can't remember a Village People science teacher, but I had a chemistry teacher who was a dead ringer for Gerry Adams.

Was the dyslexic geography teacher Michaels? He was another PE teacher who combined that with geography. Another person really unsuited to his job, he couldn't play football at all, despite being primarily a PE teacher and wasn't just dyslexic but was actually pretty thick on top of that.

I don't remember any fit French teachers, although I vaguely recall a fit French assistant, but I suspect as TBITPS suggests this was more a case of not actually that fit but the best of the meagre offerings.

best- gotta be science, last year we had a teacher who we would just take the **** out of with him being none the wiser. he also came out with legendry line 'this is not a bear garden' when we were talking, wtf? great fun though burning people pencil cases making flamthrowers using deodorant, in year seven a boy in my class set alight to bin.

worst- rs our teacher was a regular church goer and constantly shoved her religious views in our faces although clearly we didnt care. had to do an exam for it the other week and i found out it was only worth 1/2 a grade whats that all about?

firstly whats yoAt and secondly we dont get a full gcse ive done only one rs exam

ive finished school now though

*skateboarding is NOT a crime*
care to elaborate TBITPS :(

Last edited:
Favourite : Physical Geography (plate tectonics, geological science), Pure Mathematics, English (Language & Literature).

Worst : Religious Studies, History (they whet the appetite with a simple study of Roman influence in England before whipping away the interest and demanding complex and lengthy studies on the impact of the industrial revolution on modern society - I scored a 'U' in my exam).

Best lesson - History A level. Having been called in by the head of 6th form for not attending history lessons and expecting a kicking, actually came back out with unofficial permission to carry on missing lessons as i had explained that i found the teachers teaching methods difficult and found it easier to learn on my own. Was the only A level i got too.

Worst - GCSE woodwork. I actually got a c. I have no idea how. I was so bad im sure the teacher actually did my coursework for me as he saw how incredibly bad i was.

Back