• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Zoltan

Youth Team
Now I’m, like many, a big fan of Mohsni, but when everyone’s fit where will he go? For me he’s not an option long-term as a striker – I feel that when Dickinson and Corr are both fit they will certainly be a better option than Bilel. Although Dickinson only came on toward the end I saw enough to be impressed and look forward to watching him play when fully fit. Corr’s goals last season speak for themselves. For me there is no question that Mohsni is a defender.

What impressed me more than anything yesterday was how organised the back for is. Phillips had a solid game and by his own admission although match fit, still lacks sharpness following his injury problems. He will get better, as will Prosser as he becomes more familiar with his new position.

Most of the time Mohsni does a very good job with Barker, but I feel he will be less dependable than Phillips who is an experienced, solid CB. You know that when Mohsni plays there will be one or two dodgy moments accompanied with moments of brilliance, but his discipline remains an issue.

Dropping Mohsni is obviously no option, the man’s enthusiasm is contagious and no doubt has such a positive impact on the team. But when everyone’s fit where does Mohsni fit in? Dropping Prosser to the bench with Barker filling his spot would give Mohsni his place, but that would be really harsh on Prosser, given that he’s a big confidence player.

My heart says Mohsni must play somewhere, my head says where?

Thoughts?

On yesterday`s showing I don`t see how the back four can be changed. We defended well and looked solid. Moshni in defence can be unpredictable and has given away a few penalties .Maybe he will end up on the bench for now if all strikers are fit and be used either up front or in defence as needed to change the game if necessary.

On yesterday`s showing I don`t see how the back four can be changed. We defended well and looked solid. Moshni in defence can be unpredictable and has given away a few penalties .Maybe he will end up on the bench for now if all strikers are fit and be used either up front or in defence as needed to change the game if necessary.

I'm not sure what the answer is really. Putting him on the bench and using him as an impact sub seems a waste. Also, Mohsni needs to be developed as a CB, because if Sturrock can smooth over the rough edges, we will have one hell of an assett.

I certainly wouldnt move Barker to left back, I feel he is too important at centre back.

It's a tough one but, how great is it that for the first time in as long as I can remember, we have 3 good centre backs and we can't decide who to leave out?

Split the difference and put him midfield:unsure:. Let's be honest it's a nice problem to have and let's not forget it's a long season of 50 odd games. We need strength in depth if we're to achieve anything notable.

Come what may, please hang on to the boy for as long as possible! I too love his infections enthusiasm and 100% commitment for the cause. Has the potential to play at a higher level...let's hope it's in a Southend shirt.

Final word, I thought he might lose it yesterday after being booted by a Hereford player off the ball and immediately afterwards he did put a pretty robust challenge in on one of their players. But with a word from PS the smile returned and he regained his composure...good lad, don't take the bait!

I certainly wouldnt move Barker to left back, I feel he is too important at centre back.

It's a tough one but, how great is it that for the first time in as long as I can remember, we have 3 good centre backs and we can't decide who to leave out?

A nice problem for the club,bodes well for the season.UTB

I'm always an advocate of playing your best players in their best positions when fit - for me, Moshni and Phillips at the back and Barker LB.

That back 4 (and Morris) is far too good for this level, so I'd be excited to see it. On paper, with every player fit, we have an unbelievable first XI.

I feel that when Dickinson and Corr are both fit they will certainly be a better option than Bilel.

A bit surprised you think that on the basis of Dickinson's 5 mins against a tired team chasing the game.

Anyway, for how many games this season do you expect both Dickinson and Corr to be fully fit ? Their recent records would suggest a relatively small percentage.

The only way to fit him in is to put Barker LB and partner him with Phillips at the back. What you also have to remember is that we will get injuries and suspensions during the season, and having a player like Mohsni who can play at the back or up front could be a good asset to have, as I don't think that Crawford or Asante are ready for this level of football yet.

for what its worth our back line was to slow, theirs not enough pace their, what should of been a comforable clearance became a bit nervey cause we lost yrds in the chase, i feel this could be costly

Moshni has to play for me. I know he makes the odd ricket in defence but even yesterday, on their set pieces, he won nearly every header, he attacks the ball so well. Also a danger at attacking set pieces, especially with Halls delivery. Once Corr is fit, I would put Mohsni back in with Barker, they were a good partnership last season when they played together.

Unfortunately, we are not going to get through the season injury free (as some have already said) and players will need to be rotated at times to keep fresh. PS seemed to indicate that there would be changes for Tuesday night. IMO as others have said, what a great problem to have!

**** it, just let him run around the pitch wherever he likes. We must be the only team in any of the leagues who are allowed to have their mascot on the field for 90 minutes.

Worry about this problem when it comes about. There will be absentees through injury and suspension throughout the season and the best defence in the league will be one that has the ability to change and still perform. Who would've thought last year we would so many strong options?

IMO you cannot leave Mohsni off the pitch, when he plays, his passion and determination is a lift to everyone, the atmosphere is lifted and he creates a buzz around the ground, take him off the pitch and a few mistakes later from various players and I can see the crowd getting on the players backs and the players heads dropping.

MOHSNI MUST PLAY!!!!

Worry about this problem when it comes about. There will be absentees through injury and suspension throughout the season and the best defence in the league will be one that has the ability to change and still perform. Who would've thought last year we would so many strong options?

Have to agree with this, Phillips and Barker looked solid and Prosser had probably his best game for us and with Baz and Dickinson still no fit Bilel up top with Bomber is the way to go, we will pick up injuries and bans or form may drop so it ain't broke don't fix it until it needs it.

Already looking forward to Bilel running the Borient ragged on Tuesday night :thumbsup:

A bit surprised you think that on the basis of Dickinson's 5 mins against a tired team chasing the game.

Anyway, for how many games this season do you expect both Dickinson and Corr to be fully fit ? Their recent records would suggest a relatively small percentage.

Well the last half of the second half they certainly didn't seem that tired, thats when they were putting us under the most pressure.

Obviously 5 mins isn't much to judge any player, but what he did do I felt was very positive. That coupled with what he already achieved in this division not so long ago, I would say without question he is a better player in his recognised position than Mohsni.

I would prefer it if Mohsni focused on one position [CB] and we play our strikers [not just Corr & Dickinson] in the position they are most familier - if needs must Mohsni can be used in cases of emergency. Of course Mohsni won many headers and scored the goal [which any professional at that level should score to be fair] but he did not really hurt Hereford otherwise.

Of course the 'problem' is not an issue yet, but I'm sure it will be soon and Sturrock will have a tough decision to make. Would Mohsni make the first 11 if everyones fit is the question? But as others have said its a nice problem for Sturrock to have.

Back