• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brave to drop the top scorer..... I would be tempted to play him tomorrow up front with Dickinson who should mange 60 mins or so. Maybe then give Crawford a run out.

As others have suggested, he has a talismanic effect on the team. Remember the Macclesfield game in January! He came along at a time when the side had changed utterly and the fans were complaining that it "wasn't their team." Everybody took Mohsni to their heart and the problem seemed to go away. The rest of the team clearly love him too. And, lets face it, putting such trivial matters as promotion aside, there's never a dull moment when he's on the pitch.....

Phillips had missed half his career injured, Barker has picked up quite a few knocks, Corr is injury prone and Harris is 33 years old so between those four I am sure Moshni will get plenty of mathc time. Assuming that he isnt suspended ??

Moshni works for the full 90 minutes unlike some of the other players , he has to play.The fans have taken him to their hearts and he has done the same with the fans. I quite like him playing up front and even the bvookies are running scared with the odds for him scoring. Enough said.

Its a shame that he isn't better with his feet, otherwise I would say keep him up there for the long term if he kept scoring. Although Corr and Harris could have 20 goals each this season if they perform and stay fit, I honestly think Moshni could get just as many. All we need is great crosses from the wings like the cross Hall put in the other day and he will win every header, and one is bound to go in every now and again.

What a great problem to have! with only 5 on the bench, and if theres any injury worries, we have an enigmatic CB and CF!
thought this thread would be Bilel Moshni, where should he go, League one, or championship! the option if were drawing a blank after 70 mins to suddenly put our CB upfront is bound to unsetlle L2 defenders! (and not in a Keith dublin way :stunned:)

Of course the 'problem' is not an issue yet, but I'm sure it will be soon and Sturrock will have a tough decision to make. Would Mohsni make the first 11 if everyones fit is the question? But as others have said its a nice problem for Sturrock to have.

That was my point. I think it's extremely unlikely that the we will have a fit and available first choice back four (first choice meaning what we assume Sturrock chose Saturday) for a substantiated period of matches. By default, whether that be suspension, injury or form, I cannot imagine the current back four will stay the same for over 5/6 matches. As for changing a winning formula ... if it's not broke then don't fix it.

He worked hard and scored on Saturday, however he is not a centre forward - he even said so himself in the post-match interview on BBC Essex (he said that if Corr had been playing instead of him then we would have scored more goals).

However is the talisman for the team and so simply has to play - just for the lift he gives to the crowd. Therefore he needs to play at Centre Back. The question is who to drop - given that Barker is the captain and so presumably will play if fit, you're looking at either Phillips or Prosser (given that none of them are right backs so Clohessy is safe, other than competition from Leonard). On Saturday's performance would be hard to drop either of them - however Luggy mentioned Barker had a knock so I guess he might sit out tomorrow night.

The other factor is that Mohsni is on Ramadan at the moment and so cannot eat or drink during daylight hours, so there is the outside possibility he may rest tomorrow.

On a side note, have you noticed on the gallery on the official site how many pictures Mohsni has his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth? It makes him look a bit, er....special!!!

A nice healthy debate, and a few interesting points made, however there is a pretty simple answer to this: He will GO to a bigger club, probably in the Championship, probably in January. STAT.

:sad:

Back